THP Ultimate Club Testing w/ TaylorMade Golf

I figure the specs are close to rocketbladez, which would make it an 18* 3 iron.. That's beast!!! Get a little roll out on a club like that and there really isn't a fairway that could be missed.

Driver becomes obsolete.

Some ridiculous numbers from those guys. Would love to see what you guys can do with it.

I would imagine even the 4 iron will have some serious intrigue to it in terms of a 'short par 4 fairway finder' option.

Mine will probably be far, as in far right. Like Florida State kicker right.

Don't get down on yourself dude, you haven't even hopped a plane yet!

I figure the specs are close to rocketbladez, which would make it an 18* 3 iron.. That's beast!!! Get a little roll out on a club like that and there really isn't a fairway that could be missed.
That sick!!

Now, I want to hit it.

I would imagine even the 4 iron will have some serious intrigue to it in terms of a 'short par 4 fairway finder' option.

Don't get down on yourself dude, you haven't even hopped a plane yet!

Just setting the bar low so when I stripe one 240 down the middle, you guys will be picking up your jaws from the tee box

That sick!!

Now, I want to hit it.

In my head I see something in the 220 carry range (purely optimistic of course), with I would assume lower launch and thus, additional roll out.

If that iron could push longer than 230 after some roll, that would be enormous.

Just setting the bar low so when I stripe one 240 down the middle, you guys will be picking up your jaws from the tee box

Haha.. I should think like that more often. That way, every shot I hit that isn't a shank, I can get excited.

In my head I see something in the 220 carry range (purely optimistic of course), with I would assume lower launch and thus, additional roll out.

If that iron could push longer than 230 after some roll, that would be enormous.

In FL that won't happen. Anywhere else though and there could be quite a bit of scamper on that 3i. In Texas it probably breaks 3 bills

In FL that won't happen. Anywhere else though and there could be quite a bit of scamper on that 3i. In Texas it probably breaks 3 bills

Thats something that scares me. I haven't played Florida golf in 7 years. Without being at 2000 ft above sea level with a tee box 200 ft above the fairway, I have no idea what distances to expect.

I haven't hit a 3 or 4 iron in years. That would be interesting to say the least. Oh wait, I take it back. I hit a 4 iron at Top Golf, when I opened it up for 30 yard flop shots. :p

Mine will probably be far, as in far right. Like Michigan State kicker right.

FIFY!

Thats something that scares me. I haven't played Florida golf in 7 years. Without being at 2000 ft above sea level with a tee box 200 ft above the fairway, I have no idea what distances to expect.

Uhh... Yeah I can't help you there, the only time I'm 200ft above the fairway is in an airplane. I can't even fathom how cool that would be though.

Dan, you know what to do.

Uhh... Yeah I can't help you there, the only time I'm 200ft above the fairway is in an airplane. I can't even fathom how cool that would be though.

El Campeon, last week.

I haven't hit a 3 or 4 iron in years. That would be interesting to say the least. Oh wait, I take it back. I hit a 4 iron at Top Golf, when I opened it up for 30 yard flop shots. :p

FIFY!

How do you open up a 4 iron like that? Lay down and swing it like a bat?

El Campeon, last week.

I'm not good with remembering hole numbers, but I think it was 5 and 14? There was that much drop off on those tee shots?

I'm not good with remembering hole numbers, but I think it was 5 and 14? There was that much drop off on those tee shots?

On one of them its close. Bermuda still keeps it from running crazy though. That and summer high cut.

3315154_orig.jpg

This is number 9 at Robinson Ranch, one of my favorites around me.

Its about 260 yards to carry the tree.

Cool looking hole, however, the test that you will be in for this weekend is much different. Some of my favorite courses in Florida, you guys will be playing this weekend.

On one of them its close. Bermuda still keeps it from running crazy though. That and summer high cut.

14 had some serious drop, that's for sure.

Cool looking hole, however, the test that you will be in for this weekend is much different. Some of my favorite courses in Florida, you guys will be playing this weekend.

I keep meaning to look up course photos, but I kind of want to be surprised.

No kidding? I would have thought like 100ft tops.

Stupid Bermuda, takes all the fun out if everything.

How do you open up a 4 iron like that? Lay down and swing it like a bat?

It takes a certain level of skill and a penchant for the ridiculous, of course. About a 60* open stance, open the blade all the way, and channel my inner phil.

Golf. Taylormade. THP.

I'm ready.

Back