The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you are ok Blu!

I'm glad you are OK Blu, and I'm glad the others involved were too. It's odd how attached we get to our cars.

Is it Mark Steffenhagens birthday today too?

Seriously Blu. Glad you are okay.

You the man Blu.

I would be happy to tee it up with you any day.

Yesterday morning I did something I try never to do. I left my house without kissing my kids goodbye. It is my biggest regret of all.

As a lot of you know, yesterday was an unbelievable day for me. I was in a pretty serious car accident. Not more than 20 minutes after I posted the picture of my car, I received four text messages from THPers and many posts wishing for my best.

My car will most likely be totaled. It's worth more totaled than it would be as a trade in, so I have that going for me which is nice. My clubs were not in the car by some miracle, so those are ok. My armada of putters is in my office, so those are ok. I am no worse for wear. Some scratches and bruises but no injuries. The other driver was ok yesterday, so that's good. I was alone in the car, nobody that I love was in danger. My laptop has a busted screen and my two pair of sunglasses are mangled. But nothing is gone that is not replaceable.

I just left the wreckage yard. My car is quite sad. That was the first new car I ever bought. It had 206,000 miles on it. I drove it to two THP events and it was always a champ.

Those that know me, know that I am not just blutroll. The guy that pushes buttons and ruffles feathers, almost as a hobby. I am a big softy. I have loved the same woman since high school and have a beautiful little girl and hulking baby boy at home. That Saturn Vue was the car that I took both of my kids home from the hospital in. It's the same car that always treated me better than I treated it.

Taking the child seats out of the car, thinking about what all of the joy that car brought me. Thinking about everybody here on the forum who thought of me. Looking at what is left of that car, seeing just how lucky I am not to be seriously hurt. Realizing how close I was to never kissing my kids ever again has really hit me hard.

Thank you to all of you who thought of me. Thank you to all of you that put up with me. Thank you to THP as a whole.

Joe you know you are my boy. You are such an awesome guy and an awesome friend. I am glad you are okay. Material things can be replaced, you cannot.

Geeze Blue, had to idea, must have missed that the other day. Then again I was home with a sick kiddo so I'm sure you'll give me a pass. Glad you are ok buddy.

I didn't even know BLU. I'm glad your ok Buddy!

Yesterday morning I did something I try never to do. I left my house without kissing my kids goodbye. It is my biggest regret of all.

As a lot of you know, yesterday was an unbelievable day for me. I was in a pretty serious car accident. Not more than 20 minutes after I posted the picture of my car, I received four text messages from THPers and many posts wishing for my best.

My car will most likely be totaled. It's worth more totaled than it would be as a trade in, so I have that going for me which is nice. My clubs were not in the car by some miracle, so those are ok. My armada of putters is in my office, so those are ok. I am no worse for wear. Some scratches and bruises but no injuries. The other driver was ok yesterday, so that's good. I was alone in the car, nobody that I love was in danger. My laptop has a busted screen and my two pair of sunglasses are mangled. But nothing is gone that is not replaceable.

I just left the wreckage yard. My car is quite sad. That was the first new car I ever bought. It had 206,000 miles on it. I drove it to two THP events and it was always a champ.

Those that know me, know that I am not just blutroll. The guy that pushes buttons and ruffles feathers, almost as a hobby. I am a big softy. I have loved the same woman since high school and have a beautiful little girl and hulking baby boy at home. That Saturn Vue was the car that I took both of my kids home from the hospital in. It's the same car that always treated me better than I treated it.

Taking the child seats out of the car, thinking about what all of the joy that car brought me. Thinking about everybody here on the forum who thought of me. Looking at what is left of that car, seeing just how lucky I am not to be seriously hurt. Realizing how close I was to never kissing my kids ever again has really hit me hard.

Thank you to all of you who thought of me. Thank you to all of you that put up with me. Thank you to THP as a whole.

Sorry to hear about the wreck, but glad you are OK. From the pics it looks like you were pretty lucky, all things considered. 206,000 miles is a pretty good run though. My advice on getting a new car: don't just buy off the rack, go in and get a full fitting before buying.

Growing up my parents always had a rule, and they stick to it to this day; we never hang up the phone, or leave when seeing each other without saying I love you. Seems trivial, but like you said about kissing your kids goodbye before you leave, it's something that holds so much meaning because you never know what's going to have a minute, an hour, a year or 10 years from now. Your family will always know you love them, but knowing you gave them that kiss goodbye is what will always help you sleep at night. I think it's a wonderful thing, and I am so glad you, your family, and everyone else in that wreck was OK. It's those kinds of live altering events that truly put things in perspective.

Glad you're ok Joe! And for the reminder of how something's in life shall not be taken for granted. Thanks I needed this message on this day. It's so easy to get caught up in the minutiae, and lose sight of the big picture. Thanks buddy

You know what I love? Cookies. That's what! Especially those of the homemade gingersnap persuasion!

Of course I can't move now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

You know what I love? Cookies. That's what! Especially those of the homemade gingersnap persuasion!

Of course I can't move now.

C'mon man, nothing better than home made chocolate chip!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

C'mon man, nothing better than home made chocolate chip!

Gingersnap rules all when straight out of the oven. After about an hour though, they go south.

Gingersnap rules all when straight out of the oven. After about an hour though, they go south.

Erroneous! Gingersnap lacks chocolate, therefore cannot rule. They are good, but definitely second fiddle to chocolate chip.

Erroneous! Gingersnap lacks chocolate, therefore cannot rule. They are good, but definitely second fiddle to chocolate chip.

There is NOTHING better in life then the perfect homemade chocolate chip cookie.

There is NOTHING better in life then the perfect homemade chocolate chip cookie.

I seriously, SERIOUSLY, need a thumbs down button for occasions such as this.

You are both wrong.

Whit Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut.

Ya'll can occupy another thread now.

You are both wrong.

Whit Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut.

Ya'll can occupy another thread now.

I forgot about those... I'll give you a tie. Nothing more.

I want some cookies.

Vanilla Cupcake Goldfish will have to do.

I forgot about those... I'll give you a tie. Nothing more.

Just had some pumpkin spice cookies, with pumpkin spice M&Ms.

Now those are good.

looks like I missed a cookie fight and #cookie didnt even chime in yet...

I want some cookies.

Those aren't terrible. They just taste like dry birthday cake batter though.

I want some cookies.

THose sound awfully delicious. I think that would be the best part of having kids, getting to have that kinda food in the house again.

I say that, but I have both gold fish and iced animal crackers in my pantry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back