Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is I have dropped 8 strokes in about 4 months, so my swing is constantly changing. It's only getting better, but it's still getting different. However, I really like the shafts in these.
Yes, PXi are the bomb.

The thing is I have dropped 8 strokes in about 4 months, so my swing is constantly changing. It's only getting better, but it's still getting different. However, I really like the shafts in these.

Weren't you pondering the x forged 4 months ago?

New wedges.. I am bored with my Cally V Forged..

I am pondering a TaylorMade SLDR 9.5 or a j40 9.5* driver.

I've been begging for a head that will open the door to 2500 or so spin, and think I've finally found them.

I've been begging for a head that will open the door to 2500 or so spin, and think I've finally found them.

Glad you found a head or two to kill your spin. What shafts?

After thinning the holy hell out of two 4 iron shots this past weekend, I am hard pondering an Adams DHy at 24*. Hit one about 5 months ago and it was choice - just launches off the face, and should fill my gap perfectly (I hit it longer than my 4i, which is good cause right now I have about a 20 yd gap between my 3h and 4i).

Also, new wedges, but that's less a ponder than a necessity. Faces are beat to crap, had em for 5+ years now, and that was after someone else used em for a few years.

Been playing with the Demo Callaway X Forged irons and I'm pretty sure that it's the one. Now I need the funding somehow :blob:

I highly approve of this ponder. That head/shaft combo is killer.

Glad you found a head or two to kill your spin. What shafts?

It'll take some time to find the right one I think, but I plan to research more into that soon. As it stands, the numbers I saw with the Ad-Di 7x were excellent.

If you go the J40 route, the 430 head will be even lower spin than the 445 head. TripleBogieTim really likes his 430 head.

If you go the J40 route, the 430 head will be even lower spin than the 445 head. TripleBogieTim really likes his 430 head.

I need to read into more about what differentiates the two heads in terms of forgiveness. While the idea of a truly uber low spinning head excites me, I'm not really looking to do so at the cost of forgiveness.

I need to read into more about what differentiates the two heads in terms of forgiveness. While the idea of a truly uber low spinning head excites me, I'm not really looking to do so at the cost of forgiveness.

THIS!!!! This is my exact thought while pondering a J40.

SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 (black/white) for the #9 TD putter i bought yesterday!

I got a green/white one yesterday, but now I'm scared to put it on.

Just talk to the guys at Bfit about it, that's what I did pre-Morgan Cup. From what I remember, 445 will be more forgiving than the 430, the 430 allows for a little more shot-shaping.

Just talk to the guys at Bfit about it, that's what I did pre-Morgan Cup. From what I remember, 445 will be more forgiving than the 430, the 430 allows for a little more shot-shaping.

That's about what I would have expected. Even in the 445 though, I think my spin rates and launch will be optimal at 9.5 loft with the right shaft.

Do you game that grip now? I have it on my Si3, and don't see myself ever changing.

I know it's not #WPF, but now that I have a 50 degree SpeedBlade gap wedge, and beat JB in the Par 3 contest for a 60 degree ATV wedge (that I really liked during my one round with it in Florida), I want something in the middle. I was dead set on buying 55 and 60 degree Hopkins when I get back from Orlando, but now I'm thinking of adding another ATV.....

If the Speedblade wedge is your thing, you could just grab another one of those too.

If the Speedblade wedge is your thing, you could just grab another one of those too.

Also an option. The 50 degree attack wedge was a favorite among the guys I played with this weekend, and I liked it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back