Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pondering switching cable companies.

Verizon Fios doesnt make a DVR that record more than 2 programs at the same time, and that's annoying.

whenever the heck we move out and buy a place, I'm pretty sure I will be going DirectTV. I'm sick of TWC

Im pondering switching cable companies.

Verizon Fios doesnt make a DVR that record more than 2 programs at the same time, and that's annoying.

its brutal isnt it. Fios does have great services however. But I thought Wake said previously that his did more, and it was very similar to the Roamio from Tivo? FWIW, if you do not use a lot of OnDemand stuff (we dont), you could go with TIVO and pay the same amount or less. Plus get 6 tuners at once.

its brutal isnt it. Fios does have great services however. But I thought Wake said previously that his did more, and it was very similar to the Roamio from Tivo? FWIW, if you do not use a lot of OnDemand stuff (we dont), you could go with TIVO and pay the same amount or less. Plus get 6 tuners at once.
We use OnDemand a good bit. Im trying to figure this one out, dont really want to switch.

Options are Comcast Xfinity pretty much.

Based on what Morgan loves going through sometimes, they're not much better then when I had them a decade ago. Better off just dealing with two recordings or looking for a repeat of the show and recording that one

We use OnDemand a good bit. Im trying to figure this one out, dont really want to switch.

Call Fios back and ask if OnDemand is available if you use a TIVO unit. I cant imagine going back to cable company boxes after switching. Being able to record 6 at once, plus TIVO suggestions make OnDemand virtually a non-issue for us.

Based on what Morgan loves going through sometimes, they're not much better then when I had them a decade ago. Better off just dealing with two recordings or looking for a repeat of the show and recording that one
I think I can upgrade one of the DVRs in the bedrooms and schedule recordings from any TV. That would give me a max of 4 shows at once, but cost goes up.

Call Fios back and ask if OnDemand is available if you use a TIVO unit. I cant imagine going back to cable company boxes after switching. Being able to record 6 at once, plus TIVO suggestions make OnDemand virtually a non-issue for us.
From what I have read, I can use a Set-top box in conjunction with Tivo.

From what I have read, I can use a Set-top box in conjunction with Tivo.

Possibly. You can come by here and check out the TIVO if you want.

who the eff needs to record 6 shows at once...thats a lot of TV

I don't need 6,however,i like being able to record 2 shows and still watch TV.

Yeah, I can record four and watch TV. It helps to have that extra capacity
I don't need 6,however,i like being able to record 2 shows and still watch TV.

This last Vegas trip is why I love our TIVO so much. Sure it records 6 shows at once.
But being able to download any shows I want from the unit right to the tablet or laptop made it awesome.
Loaded that thing up with some of our favorites, and off we went.

We can record 8 shows. We'll never do it, but if you are recording a show at 7PM on CBS and another show at 7PM on NBC, and for some reason they both are scheduled to go to 8:01, the shows you have recording at 8PM on FOX and ABC won't record if you can only record two shows.

Now that is cool, I have to try that with my uverse
This last Vegas trip is why I love our TIVO so much. Sure it records 6 shows at once.
But being able to download any shows I want from the unit right to the tablet or laptop made it awesome.

Galaxy Note 3. Big time ponder.

that right there is a great feature

We can record 8 shows. We'll never do it, but if you are recording a show at 7PM on CBS and another show at 7PM on NBC, and for some reason they both are scheduled to go to 8:01, the shows you have recording at 8PM on FOX and ABC won't record if you can only record two shows.

I guess I can see that then, just seems like a sh!t ton of TV, but to each there own

I was thinking I was going to get a Chromecast, but I don't see that I have a USB plug in the back of either of my TV's. Does it have something you can plug into a wall instead?

71VYFqP83VL._SL1466_.jpg

I was thinking I was going to get a Chromecast, but I don't see that I have a USB plug in the back of either of my TV's. Does it have something you can plug into a wall instead?

71VYFqP83VL._SL1466_.jpg

It connects to your tv via hdmi. Not USB.

Qip7232, I will have to double Check, but I never get those ''cancel recording or change channel'' like I did with Bright house.

Qip7232, I will have to double Check, but I never get those ''cancel recording or change channel'' like I did with Bright house.
I get those all the time.

Mine is qip 7216

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back