Week 5 Thread - 2013 THP Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
But seriously, with Rivers in at QB, Cam was a glorified backup. I solidified my WRs with Andre Johnson, and added a decent flex player in to the mix.

A War Eagle team sans Ben Tate AND Cam just seems so wrong. I think Ronnie Brown is floating around out there. Is Aromashadu stilly playing?

But seriously, with Rivers in at QB, Cam was a glorified backup. I solidified my WRs with Andre Johnson, and added a decent flex player in to the mix.

That is until bedwetter Rivers comes back

y4yze4a5.jpg

I really have no words for this

Hit accept before he changes his mind.

Damn bogey, that 2nd offer was a great one.

Although I like this one ... Accepted
3a4upeja.jpg

Well played sir. Hope it works out for both of us

That would've never happened if I could've got him off Leveon Bell.

I jumped on that like a fat kid on cake !

Being 0-4 I'm hopeful at 2 slots rather than an unpredictable one. So far my only ray of sunshine is megatron

I like that deal too

If Jason Snelling were in there, I would assume that was ddec. :D
Man is that lopsided.

I might be lopsided now, but what about long term.

But I do appreciate him putting the trade out for all to see, so much for keeping it quiet!!!

But I do appreciate him putting the trade out for all to see, so much for keeping it quiet!!!

Long term its even worse. Vereen could be out all year for all we know. Vjax is without a QB on a team in turmoil. Megatron is the best in the league.
Unless its a keeper league...Nope, still not good.

From your standpoint, you have nothing to lose though.

Long term as in ? 2014? Lol I was born at night but not last night... Sorry to put you on blast no hard feelings

Long term its even worse. Vereen could be out all year for all we know. Vjax is without a QB on a team in turmoil. Megatron is the best in the league.
Unless its a keeper league...Nope, still not good.

From your standpoint, you have nothing to lose though.

I can understand some of that, it's the could be out all year that you never know on, if he comes back Vereen could put up big numbers right away, so what would this trade look like with Brandon Marshall or James Jones in instead of Vjax?

The giving up part is usually subjective, not in this trade, but in other's I think people place to high of a value on some players compared to others. FF isn't an exact scinece, if it was there would be people much smarter than I making millions off of it with their "Money Ball" style statistics raking it in!

I've gotten trade offers in the past for a RB2 for a WR1, that isn't fair, but someone thought it was enough to offer it to me. Some teams have needs, and other's, depending on their records may need to just change their season strategy entirely. For me it's all guessing and is usually hit or miss, I am by no mean's a FF expert, but I certainly try, I'm obviously not trying hard enough!!!

I can understand some of that, it's the could be out all year that you never know on, if he comes back Vereen could put up big numbers right away, so what would this trade look like with Brandon Marshall or James Jones in instead of Vjax?

The giving up part is usually subjective, not in this trade, but in other's I think people place to high of a value on some players compared to others. FF isn't an exact scinece, if it was there would be people much smarter than I making millions off of it with their "Money Ball" style statistics raking it in!

I've gotten trade offers in the past for a RB2 for a WR1, that isn't fair, but someone thought it was enough to offer it to me. Some teams have needs, and other's, depending on their records may need to just change their season strategy entirely. For me it's all guessing and is usually hit or miss, I am by no mean's a FF expert, but I certainly try, I'm obviously not trying hard enough!!!

Nobody took a shot at you personally Icey, its not a big deal.
But the trade is hugely lopsided. Vereen even if healthy is part of a trio/quad of RBs in New England and one of them are getting a solo shot.
It never hurts to throw something out there in hopes of getting a trade. But in doing so, you have to expect others to comment on them. If fantasy football was nothing but silence, it would not be a whole lot of fun.

Long term as in ? 2014? Lol I was born at night but not last night... Sorry to put you on blast no hard feelings

No hard feelings, I've been away from home for too long and am probably too touchy!!

Honestly, with your team 0-4 I figured if you were looking for something to change pace you might be open to something, honestly I usually look at the standing and take a look at the rosters of team's towards the bottom and make offers, I figure there's a greater chance of a team trying to make up ground to make an offer than someone at the top, and in the end this FF is for fun, and for me, trading is fun, maybe I'm just weird like that!!!

In all honesty, let me know if you want to make a deal:

Announcement to league 4, my entire roster is on the block!!!

I liked the idea earlier of trading entire teams, anyone want to switch!!!

But the trade is hugely lopsided. Vereen even if healthy is part of a trio/quad of RBs in New England and one of them are getting a solo shot.
It never hurts to throw something out there in hopes of getting a trade. But in doing so, you have to expect others to comment on them. If fantasy football was nothing but silence, it would not be a whole lot of fun.

When me and War were trying to make a trade, he did the old switcharoo on me and I almost fell for it.

Icey definitely likes fishing expeditions...

When me and War were trying to make a trade, he did the old switcharoo on me and I almost fell for it.
Correction, you did fall for it.

Maybe this is something I didn't fully understand, trash talk is fun, I just never thought about that in regards to FF trades, but it makes sense, I do like to just throw stuff out there, maybe I'll throw some more out there just to see what comments I get, but I guess that does venture into the world of FF troll, and I certainly don't want to be that!!!

But I know I'm the "The Ridiculous Trader", according to dude perfect that is.

I applaud him for at least being active
People get too emotionally attached to who they draft.

I liked my team, but at 1-3, it wasnt working. I have some good core pieces, but needed to shake things up. So shake I did.

I applaud him for at least being active

Thanks Mike, I'm just trying to get something going!!! I wasn't last week, I didn't want to trade with someone I was playing against!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back