Bridgestone Golf Lady Precept Golf Ball

No need to be ashamed. I love them. I tried everything I could to get the Bfit guys to put me in them for the Vegas event too but to no avail.

You're 105 with the driver right? How do these play for you next to the e6?

Putting these in play tomorrow for the first time. I dont ever recall being this anxious to put a golfball into play.

Putting these in play tomorrow for the first time. I dont ever recall being this anxious to put a golfball into play.

That is when you draw a line over the spot where it says lady precept and people with think your playing an e6 or something. ;)

That is when you draw a line over the spot where it says lady precept and people with think your playing an e6 or something. ;)

Nonsense, I prefer to outdrive people and they know exactly what airmailed their ball!

Custom E6 with Colts blue writing.. :)

I put one of these in play on Sunday, just for the heck of it. A bit different than the ball I had been playing since the MC, but wanted to get some more thoughts with it.

Wake and I were talking about golf balls a bit during our round, and what we thought worked best for each of us, etc. I remember distinctly talking about wanting more spin out of a ball when hitting shots in to the green, and how I am not a "high spin" player and could use the bit of help. A few holes later, I was a bit speechless;

I had about 110 in to the green, so I pulled my 54* wedge. I hit a shot that was near perfect with my wedge, and the ball was tracking straight at the pin. Ball landed just short of the pin, and sucked back to the fringe. I looked like I knew what I was doing, and just sat there for a second trying to figure out what happened.

When I first played this ball, I didnt see any spin at all on it, but the more I think about it, I am finding that was a technique issue, and less a ball issue.

Color me impressed be these balls...again.

I played the ball for a few holes as well. I wanted to like it, but war pointed it out to me, I'm just giving up to much distance off the tee. Twice we just watched what appeared to be a well struck ball.just fall from the sky. I seemed to be a touch short with the irons as well.

I played the ball for a few holes as well. I wanted to like it, but war pointed it out to me, I'm just giving up to much distance off the tee. Twice we just watched what appeared to be a well struck ball.just fall from the sky. I seemed to be a touch short with the irons as well.
It was so apparent that it wasnt working for you. You hit a bomb on #17 and I just said, "What the heck just happened" as it fell from the sky.

It was so apparent that it wasnt working for you. You hit a bomb on #17 and I just said, "What the heck just happened" as it fell from the sky.

I bet with a higher spin setup it could work. I am already on the low end

I played a full round with the white Lady Precepts today. My impressions are similar to what I see somewhat as the consensus on this thread as far as the medium-swing speed man. (I would guess my swing speed when I'm swinging well is around 95 mph.)

Driver: I wasn't hitting my driver very well for the first 9. A number of times I caught it a bit near the heel, or just didn't make a good pass at the ball. I was surprised quite a few times at how much distance I got with a less than good swing. OTOH, I had a few drives on the back nine where I felt I really crushed it. For the most part, I was surprised that I did not get as much distance as I expected. As some others have said, the ball just did not seem to carry when I really caught it. The fact that I got surprising distance when I hit a less than good shot, but possible less distance on a "big hit" would seem to square with the fairly low compression of the ball.

Irons: As quite a few others have stated, this ball is really sweet off the irons or hybrids. It just feels like it really compresses. It has a really soft feel, and it just flies straight and long.

Around the green: This is where I struggled with the ball a bit. As some others have pointed out, it does not spin too well on half wedges or chips or pitches around the green. At first, I thought it might have been a few hard greens, or maybe a less than perfect strike. But on the back nine, I nipped a couple of medium length pitches and chips just perfectly, and the ball just did not stop. Certainly nothing like a good high-spinning ball. This is probably a deal breaker for me, as I really like to make the ball check when pitching and chipping.

Putting: The ball definitely is softer off the putter than a Titleisit Pro V1, for example. It has much less of a click. I like the muted sound and feel of the putter. Not enough to make this real consideration, however.

At the price, I think this ball is a great option for anybody who doesn't care so much about spinning the ball and having it check up on the greens on less than a full wedge, and if your swing speed is not too high. The price is certainly hard to beat. Given how sweet they feel off the irons, I might use them on par 3's where water is present, where I sometimes hesitate to lost a good Pro V1 due to a poor shot.

Got the okay to start playing golf again!! Still need to go back to the doctor a few more times just to make sure I'm healing up okay.

Got the okay to start playing golf again!! Still need to go back to the doctor a few more times just to make sure I'm healing up okay.

as in tonight?

Great news, happy to read this one.

Well after a long while away for injuries I was able to play 7 holes before my back started to tighten up on Friday. This ball still impresses. I didn't nearly have my best swing and this ball was still flying. Short game was a little rusty but I was still seeing good results. Not going to lie I didn't go out on the course with ball testing in my mind. I was just happy to be able to swing a club. Both par 3's I played I saw good results and had decent looks at birdie. I even went a club down on one hole and left myself about 12 feet uphill for birdie.

Bought two boxes of these today to give them another try. I tried a dozen when they first became available in stores, but my game was so off at the time I lost them very quickly. Letting my 8 year old play them as well didn't help keep them in my bag long either. My impression then was that they don't play much different from the Precept Laddie's, which is what I expected. Since I can still get the Laddies for $20 for two dozen, it's an easy choice at half the price.

I bought another dozen of these today. Good enough to be played in Vegas, good enough to be played at home.

You read that right.

OG and I played in an alternate shot couples "shamble" Sunday. We had to use each other's ball until we reached the green. After a few holes I was complaining that I missed my Lady Precept when hitting his ball. OG agreed to play the yellow Precept and I played the pink from there on out. He started off over shooting the greens with it with the prettiest high shots and it took a few shots to realize he needed to club down. He hit it so well and almost had a hole in one on 17 (162 yard par 3) just stopping about a foot short. He proceeded to sink a long putt from just off the green on 18. We both won a close-up and won the tournament by 1 stroke. We walked away with $220 cash!

OG and I played in an alternate shot couples "shamble" Sunday. We had to use each other's ball until we reached the green. After a few holes I was complaining that I missed my Lady Precept when hitting his ball. OG agreed to play the yellow Precept and I played the pink from there on out. He started off over shooting the greens with it with the prettiest high shots and it took a few shots to realize he needed to club down. He hit it so well and almost had a hole in one on 17 (162 yard par 3) just stopping about a foot short. He proceeded to sink a long putt from just off the green on 18. We both won a close-up and won the tournament by 1 stroke. We walked away with $220 cash!
That's awesome KB! What did Bill think about it after finishing out with it?

Thats phenomenal! I've played these for a round and they do fly!

He said he liked it a lot but would have to figure out his distances with it. He said it will definitely be a great ball this winter. I gave him 3 dozen B330RX so I don't see him switching anytime soon.

Congrats on a job well done!

I nabbed a couple of sampler sleeves from the Bridgestone fitters then ended up giving them to other guys last weekend. I need to buy a sleeve so I can try this ball.

I played in a scramble today. I made the other three guys with me hit these balls on the last par 5---with the "Lady Precept" inked out with a sharpie.
"Trust me", I told them.

We eagled the hole with a Drive/4 iron/putt.

They didn't believe me when I told them what they were until I pulled the sleeve out of my bag. One continued to play his the rest of the day.

(Age of team members was 45, 44, 58, and 53)

Last edited:
Picked up a couple of these in Vegas, I think I'm going to try these next time out!

My buddy and I tried one in a round recently and I really liked it. The feel off of the face was fantastic, particularly with my hybrids. Admittedly I am a slower swing speed player, so others probably get the same compression feeling out of harder balls.

The one down side is putting. To me they feel quite a bit different. It isn't just sound either. It is almost like the ball is lighter.

I've decided to go "all in" and play them. This is the first time I have ever committed to a ball so I am a little nervous. The putting difference though seemingly makes it necessary. I wouldn't want to be going along in a round with one of these, lose one, sub in a traditional ball and then have to adjust my putting. Even if it rolled exactly the same, mentally it would throw me off.

Back