Equipment Changes - 2014 Morgan Cup

I am not arguing with anything said here. I said earlier, the changes are made for a reason and that is to benefit THP, the participants, and the sponsor. My only "gripe" so to speak was that people were getting piled on somewhat for voicing their opinion that they liked the idea of having clubs earlier so they could get dialed in. It had nothing to do with people making it all about getting new equipment.

I guess I just don't see the piling on, I dunno, all I see is back and forth with no one getting hostile or anything. Dialogue goes both ways for sure, I just don't get how if someone disagrees with someone they're being piled on. Not saying you Dev, just always been confused by that whole thought process in general. I've had lots of people disagree with my thoughts on something, instead of getting upset I engage them and try to see their side and learn more, doesn't mean its going to change my stance.

Let me phrase something like this.
Remember the Callaway staffers last year showing up with their drivers all dialed in and ready to go.
Remember what was launched 5 days prior to the Morgan Cup...A new driver
All the Callaway guys on the range dying to hit the new OptiForce that HashtagChad had in his bag.
I bet Callaway would have loved to have you guys in that driver too.

EDIT: I want to add that Callaway never said a word about this.

That's a great example Josh, there was a long line waiting to hit that on Friday!!!

If this change is a glimpse of things to come in the Morgan Cup, I didn't think it was possible, but once again the MC will out do itself again, I can't wait to see what else is in store. This change makes Friday that much more amazing, and I have no doubt the changes to Saturday and Sunday will blow us all away!!!

I guess I just don't see the piling on, I dunno, all I see is back and forth with no one getting hostile or anything. Dialogue goes both ways for sure, I just don't get how if someone disagrees with someone they're being piled on. Not saying you Dev, just always been confused by that whole thought process in general. I've had lots of people disagree with my thoughts on something, instead of getting upset I engage them and try to see their side and learn more, doesn't mean its going to change my stance.

There is no stance to change. I already said 5 or 6 times I am sure the decision was made in the best interest of everyone involved.

This is a great example. I think a lot of the opinions being thrown around, mine included, are being done so without knowing why this decision was made.

That is why we like the open dialogue buddy. Makes everybody including us a whole lot smarter.

I am not arguing with anything said here. I said earlier, the changes are made for a reason and that is to benefit THP, the participants, and the sponsor. My only "gripe" so to speak was that people were getting piled on somewhat for voicing their opinion that they liked the idea of having clubs earlier so they could get dialed in. It had nothing to do with people making it all about getting new equipment.

Dev,
I dont disagree. I will say I did not see a whole lot of piling on, but I think sometimes things appear differently to people. Then I will add that sometimes lines are blurred between offline and online conversations and it adds even another dimension. I am and only will comment on the posts in the thread.

Dev,
I dont disagree. I will say I did not see a whole lot of piling on, but I think sometimes things appear differently to people. Then I will add that sometimes lines are blurred between offline and online conversations and it adds even another dimension. I am and only will comment on the posts in the thread.

Nothing to do with offline comments. I dont want to go back through this whole thread and point out people because it would serve no purpose. I did see a few posts, even by you that said "If dialing in clubs is what you want to do, then maybe this event isnt for you". Just came off a bit harsh to me.

Nothing to do with offline comments. I dont want to go back through this whole thread and point out people because it would serve no purpose. I did see a few posts, even by you that said "If dialing in clubs is what you want to do, then maybe this event isnt for you". Just came off a bit harsh to me.

But I truly mean that and it is not meant to be harsh at all and I hope I did a good job of clarifying it.
We have so many wonderful events. I mean just this morning #TheKing is launched and heck it was going to take the place of this event and still is not a big deal for some.

But I did truly mean it. If one is very concerned internally that the equipment given to them would hinder their enjoyment of the event, then it would not be for them. It does not mean they are "not getting it" or "care about the wrong stuff". To me if I am going to spend my hard earned money on something, I want to enjoy the heck out of it.

Let me phrase something like this.
Remember the Callaway staffers last year showing up with their drivers all dialed in and ready to go.
Remember what was launched 5 days prior to the Morgan Cup...A new driver
All the Callaway guys on the range dying to hit the new OptiForce that HashtagChad had in his bag.
I bet Callaway would have loved to have you guys in that driver too.

EDIT: I want to add that Callaway never said a word about this.

This is an interesting element. It reminds me of the first Morgan Cup with guys receiving their R11 irons at the event without having gamed them. I remember talking with people during the process and how excited they were, but I kept thinking how much of a chance they were taking if the equipment didn't fit their swing.

Hitting Chad's OptiForce on the range in July, it was awesome, but it also had a 70g X in it. Quite a bit different from their stock offerings. I look forward to seeing how the fitting process is completed leading up to the 2014 Morgan Cup, and how competitors make their decisions. It really intrigues me, in a good way. I am certain about one thing, regardless of whether I am successful in returning to another Cup, I'll be pushing the utilization of the tour reps ten fold. I made a mistake this year on a certain shaft selection, and I am sure it wouldn't have happened had I discussed with my tour rep -- It's also probably a big reason why it took me so long to dial in those wedges. Certainly with that resource along with the sponsor companies customer service, people will have the ability to head to the MC with the best possible bag for their game.

If its the same for everyone, whats the big deal...I mean really from what I have seen the event is amazing & when its over go home & "dial" in your clubs then. I get that everyone wants to play there best, but in this case the percs & extra's far out away not being "dialed" in for a couple days.

But I truly mean that and it is not meant to be harsh at all and I hope I did a good job of clarifying it.
We have so many wonderful events. I mean just this morning #TheKing is launched and heck it was going to take the place of this event and still is not a big deal for some.

But I did truly mean it. If one is very concerned internally that the equipment given to them would hinder their enjoyment of the event, then it would not be for them. It does not mean they are "not getting it" or "care about the wrong stuff". To me if I am going to spend my hard earned money on something, I want to enjoy the heck out of it.

I am obviously doing a horrible job of trying to get my point across so I will just drop it. I will still support the MC just as much as I always have and can't wait for more details.

That's a great example Josh, there was a long line waiting to hit that on Friday!!!

If this change is a glimpse of things to come in the Morgan Cup, I didn't think it was possible, but once again the MC will out do itself again, I can't wait to see what else is in store. This change makes Friday that much more amazing, and I have no doubt the changes to Saturday and Sunday will blow us all away!!!

There is no stance to change. I already said 5 or 6 times I am sure the decision was made in the best interest of everyone involved.

THP has always changed for the better since I've been here I've been a part of a lot of great events. There's a ton of great things in store for '14. I thought the MC last year was the best to date and I hope this years is better yet. I know the last two years the media day hasn't generated much buzz I dunno what happened to our media videos from this year but I do think that will be a lot of fun to watch especially if it's a live broadcast sort of deal. JB and Morgan has always made changes for the better even if everyone sees it differently but this website has always grown and become better and offered more awesome opportunities than I think I would have ever had without it. I am looking forward to seeing what else JB has up his sleeves.

It's hard to tell tone on the Internet and people take what is written and go to the extremes of it. The way that this is set up isn't going to be the same transition for every single person, and if people feel negatively about it, they should be able to say that. The worst part about all of this is when people think that they can't voice an opinion without being jumped on for it, there's no place for that around here.

It's hard to tell tone on the Internet and people take what is written and go to the extremes of it. The way that this is set up isn't going to be the same transition for every single person, and if people feel negatively about it, they should be able to say that. The worst part about all of this is when people think that they can't voice an opinion without being jumped on for it, there's no place for that around here.

This guy...............was my teammate!

I can see both sides of this equation, I understand why the change was made and I think it makes Staff Sponsor Day much more a part of the event than in years past and for that reason I like it!

But I understand the idea of being familar with the clubs in your bag and having trust that your 7 iron will fly "x" number of yards and I also REALLY enjoyed all the practice rounds with lots of different people prior to the event...but Heck, Castor shot an 82 at Calendonia with a rental set on Monday..so I guess that's not an issue.

Not sure how you get an empty travel carrier onto an airplane so you have a way to get the clubs home either..LOL

Bottom line is, THP made the change for good reason and that is to make the event even bigger and better than ever before.

And as I said, my message was not aimed at you. My whole point is that its a back and forth and someone presents a different viewpoint it does not mean they are piling on, thats it.

And think about the #grandaddy. All that my teammates and I know is that we won't be playing our own clubs. That's it. Has that discouraged any of us? Absolutely not. If anything, it is making us practice even harder so that we are all playing our best golf when we arrive in Carlsbad.

And think about the #grandaddy. All that my teammates and I know is that we won't be playing our own clubs. That's it. Has that discouraged any of us? Absolutely not. If anything, it is making us practice even harder so that we are all playing our best golf when we arrive in Carlsbad.

wait I thought you all were very upset by this? :alien:

Not sure how you get an empty travel carrier onto an airplane so you have a way to get the clubs home either...

Haha, this was actually the first thing i thought of when I first read the OP. Then I remember the 1,422,564 commercials I saw during this tour season for FedEx :)

Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Tapatalk

At the end of the day, whether you are hitting new clubs a day before you first play them or playing clubs you have owned for years, it is still just a game. And games are supposed to be FUN and ENJOYABLE.

My guess, even with all the talk in here today, is we see the most submissions EVER this year. I would bet my foot and part of my left shin on it. Not the knee tho.

My guess, even with all the talk in here today, is we see the most submissions EVER this year. I would bet my foot and part of my left shin on it. Not the knee tho.

I really hope so. I know when I was out in Rochester last weekend playing with a group of THPers, there was a lot of MC talk going on. I encouraged all to give to a go.

Im pretty sure from skimming that ALL the details about the process (club selection etc) are not out. Im gonna hang around for more info. My swing is my swing and I'm gonna "bring it" (and all that that entails) if selected.

JM

I really hope so. I know when I was out in Rochester last weekend playing with a group of THPers, there was a lot of MC talk going on. I encouraged all to give to a go.

You didn't even have to twist my arm although you did tell me to stop asking questions. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh man, the Morgan Cup videos of the teams receiving their equipment is going to be so much fun!

Another reason I see this as a big positive change:

Leading up to the Morgan Cup I found that the a lot of the "public" discussions among MC participants was focused around their equipment rather than their teammates. It was hard to remember who was on which team because you often had guys from different teams talking about equipment on their respective equipment threads.

I think a really cool feature for the next MC would be for each team to have their own discussion thread. This would be cool for those following to really get a sense for the individual teams. I know most practice/preparation updates were in the general MC thread, but I thought it would be cool if each team had their own thread.

Back