What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you shoot today?

Over the weekend went out at Morro Bay again. Played slightly longer tees. Shot 45/46 for a 91 and clearly hit the ball better off the tee. One penalty. Was +3 through 6 and hooked up with another single and things got worse. Fun, though.

64% FIR. And, get this, 1 GIR. ONE. And it was the first green. Ugh.

35 putts so lots of strokes lost there as well.

buvetapa.jpg

3eputusu.jpg

gege7asu.jpg

During Kristen and I's trip I played 3 rounds with my dad. As follows, 87 at Champions Club at Julington Creek. 81 at Windsor Parke in Jacksonville. And 78 at St. Johns Golf Club. Got progressively better. It had been about a month and half since i played last and only had a handful of range sessions in there along with new irons. The 78 could have been much better, but I didn't really putt well as those were the slowest greens we played and it took most of the round to my speed down. But by the third round of the week i was feeling much better about where my game is and was heading. Now that I'm back home I'm hoping to continue that trend leading into winter practice and come out in the spring really shooting low.

No score, aerated greens. Just had a fun day with Jacqui and one of the marshals who joined us on the second nine since it was starting to get backed up.

Played 18 with a buddy who hits the ball a long ways, this is our 3rd time playing and I'm 0-2. On the way to #1 he says, should we play the tips, thinking I would back down or bargain to play the next box up. I said I'm in, let's roll. Plays just a shade under 7000 yards from the tips with tons of decisions to be made all over the course, it's a great test. Today we had 20-30 mph winds to go along with playing from the tips. I wound up shooting an 83 that felt like a 73. I had a couple bad tee balls that required me to re-tee so that set me back a few strokes but otherwise I played real solid. I was happy with the game today and we stepped to the 18th tee with me up 1 on the day. I made par to his bogey and I won by 2.

Played 18 with a buddy who hits the ball a long ways, this is our 3rd time playing and I'm 0-2. On the way to #1 he says, should we play the tips, thinking I would back down or bargain to play the next box up. I said I'm in, let's roll. Plays just a shade under 7000 yards from the tips with tons of decisions to be made all over the course, it's a great test. Today we had 20-30 mph winds to go along with playing from the tips. I wound up shooting an 83 that felt like a 73. I had a couple bad tee balls that required me to re-tee so that set me back a few strokes but otherwise I played real solid. I was happy with the game today and we stepped to the 18th tee with me up 1 on the day. I made par to his bogey and I won by 2.

Hell yeah man. Great round dude

78 - Another solid driver round with my new Amp Cell.

Congrats, P4B! Glad you beat the guy!

Got in nine holes this evening. Shot a 40. 5/7 fwys. 5/9 GIRs. 17 putts. 6 pars, 2 bogies and 1 dbl bogey. No 3 puts with the SeeMore counterbalanced SB-1 today, in the third round out with it.

Played nine holes tonight and shot a 46. Worked on what Hawk recommended me to to work on. Had alot of good shots but just need to make it a constant reaction on each swing. Started to get my Driver back to straight or draw which is awesome thing. Can't wait to get back out there.

I think I shot a 62. No big deal. Was really a poor ball striking day for me. I did putt really well today and I think I ended the day at 27 putts. Short game was really good until the back starting hurting, I walked today, and I got a little tired at the end of the round.

Oh yeah I played a par 3 course. :)

Shot 43/40, 83 from the tips at Green Valley Ranch in Denver. I was in town for work and managed to get a round in. This is a pretty cool course, esp from the back. Some big mandatory carries. Some big risk/reward holes too. Lots of fun. Only negative was the trees in front of the greens from the fairway on some of the holes. Don't like being penalized for being in the short stuff.

Played pretty well overall sans a 5 hole stretch on the back 9. also dropped a 35ft birdie putt while playing through :D

Made par on every par 3 today and that always makes me happy. Interestingly I'm hitting 48% GIR on par 3's

GOOD DAY

Played my first legit nine since the Morgan Cup today (I've had a bunch of physical therapy and had small procedure done for my back issues) and shot a really smooth 40. Had 1 dub and 2 bogeys. The weather was perfect and things felt great. I've missed playing something fierce and hope to never have to take that kind of time off again.

Last few days I haven't been able to bring all my clubs, so have been carrying Dr/6/9/64°/P. Actually played pretty well besides putting. My putting has been terrible for weeks. Shot 77-76 without allowing 3-putts, but I had 3 of them each day (I'll let you do the arithmetic). And worse, I've missed 4-6 putts inside 4 feet each day. Ah well, it's 20°C and blue skies the second week of October in the Ottawa Valley :)

Tale of two days.

Yesterday at Green Valley Ranch with J4U shot a 97 in a day full of anger, frustration, and total lack of focus.
Reasons:
Showed up one hour early to use the very good range they have thats included only to have it closed for mowing. It baffles me why courses mow the range in the am when there are groups about to play other than at twilight when nobody is teeing off?
Paired with the most annoying twosome I've ever played with. I usually enjoy meeting and playing with other golfers but these two even got Doug mad by the third hole.
Course had undergone seasonal maintenance that happens this time of year but it kept the frustration level cranked up high.

At the end of the round Doug and I pounded balls at the now open range. I am glad I did that and worked out my anger at my game and grooved some things before I left.

Because today I shot a 40/43-83 at Legacy Ridge.

Highlights:
13 GIRs!! which has to be an alltime high. :banana:
11 pars including 5 in a row.

What could have been:

36 putts including 4 lip outs and 3 on the edge of the cup.
Only 6 FW's hit
2 penalties

This shows how close a good round is from a great round.

BTW, paired today with two Korean guys who were having a blast. One of them just arrived yesterday and was playing on a full course for the first time!

Shot 43/40, 83 from the tips at Green Valley Ranch in Denver. I was in town for work and managed to get a round in. This is a pretty cool course, esp from the back. Some big mandatory carries. Some big risk/reward holes too. Lots of fun. Only negative was the trees in front of the greens from the fairway on some of the holes. Don't like being penalized for being in the short stuff.

Played pretty well overall sans a 5 hole stretch on the back 9. also dropped a 35ft birdie putt while playing through :D

Made par on every par 3 today and that always makes me happy. Interestingly I'm hitting 48% GIR on par 3's

GOOD DAY

Outstanding round there. I was tempted to go back today and prove that yesterday didn't happen. Great 4 pars on those par 3's as they are not easy to hit or putt. If you're back down again during a weekday drop me a PM and I'll join you.

I played both Saturday and today (Wednesday) and the scores were a bit of a swing. An 87 on Saturday. Driver was OK, irons were good, putting was very good with 13 one putts. Today was a rough day. Shot a 103. It was a cold windy day, but thats no excuse. Nothing worked for me today. Driver was all over the place, irons were better, but still not good, only 2 one putts (both of which were on par 5s and my only birdies). It was ugly.

Outstanding round there. I was tempted to go back today and prove that yesterday didn't happen. Great 4 pars on those par 3's as they are not easy to hit or putt. If you're back down again during a weekday drop me a PM and I'll join you.

Thanks, MHG! Was definitely a fun and challenging course. I don't know how often Ill get down here, but when I do, Ill hit you up. Wanna see more of what Denver has to offer, too

Played my first legit nine since the Morgan Cup today (I've had a bunch of physical therapy and had small procedure done for my back issues) and shot a really smooth 40. Had 1 dub and 2 bogeys. The weather was perfect and things felt great. I've missed playing something fierce and hope to never have to take that kind of time off again.

Nice round after getting back into it. Had to have some rust to knock off!

I started with a few buckets last week and played 4 holes the other day and then 5 on Monday. Been trying to go slow with it.

Nice to hear that you are back at it buddy.

Possibly my last round of the year here in Calgary and I shot my best round of the year! A 74 on a tough course! Being shooting a lot in the high 70's lately and just playing really solid. I probably missed 3 more short birdies that I should have had. Could have easily been under par!! Very happy with my game as of late.

87 and a 73 what a difference an hour and some food can do.

47 for nine. Basically played well, except one hole killed my score.

I've heard there a good number of members at my club that also belong to Merion. Today, I found this as I was walking between holes:

photo-20.JPG

I need to figure out who some of these guys are....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back