The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the smaller reviews. The one item I tested that has been "in the bag" per se, since I got it for testing, is the Greensaver. Won't use anything else.

That was one heck of a product. And the way it started and where it ended was amazing!

TTing

I like the smaller reviews. The one item I tested that has been "in the bag" per se, since I got it for testing, is the Greensaver. Won't use anything else.

I loved my time testing the Nuun tablets and the Champ Spikes - two incredibly informative "small" testings.

It is interesting to me how some testing opportunities spark more enthusiasm for others (even within the realm of clubs). Is it the aesthetics of the item? The company? The frequency a particular company partners with THP to make testing available?

I know what your saying and understand where your coming from. Yes I think it has something to do with which company it is and what club(s) it is. Unfortunately I think there are some other factors and its unfortunate that those come into play IMO

testing is a benefit of being a member of this great site. Some testing brings the masses and others don't. Some of our glorious members show for every test opportunity and some not so much. It's been that way for as long as I have been a member. We do find the best for the job. The testing and feedback has been great.

I agree with Freddie on this part, being a member here does afford us great opportunities to test some of the newest equipment out there and to test some indirectly related equipment.

As I see it it's unfortunate that some of the accessories or equipment not aimed for the course doesn't draw the # of entrants that some other things do. But hey it's better odds for me to get to test equipment if the entries #'s are low.

Heck I've stayed out of some sign ups cause I didn't have the time to do it right, or I didn't feel I was in a place in my game to give an adequate review.

Regardless of the equipment being tested the reviews I've read have all been done fantastically.

Nothing worse than watching members who don't apply every time get "the good stuff".

It used to be that great smaller reviews got you chances at bigger reviews. I think it's changed along the way but I'm really not sure. Not complaining at all. Just noting.

TTing

I think with the incredible growth that THP has seen in its member base, a pretty kick ass job has been done of seeing a myriad of different testers in each item that goes up for review. Every single one has a different and eclectic group in on it and I like it. In the end the opportunities are what the individual decides to make of them, I know that all too well.

I think with the incredible growth that THP has seen in its member base, a pretty kick ass job has been done of seeing a myriad of different testers in each item that goes up for review. Every single one has a different and eclectic group in on it and I like it. In the end the opportunities are what the individual decides to make of them, I know that all too well.

Yes sir. Spot on

That was the spring-loaded divot tool, right? That small little product looks like it did an amazing job fixing pitch marks. I have yet to find one in a store though, and that is a little disheartening!

That was the spring-loaded divot tool, right? That small little product looks like it did an amazing job fixing pitch marks. I have yet to find one in a store though, and that is a little disheartening!

I had a similar experience with one of the non-club testing items. I looked and looked and looked but never did find Lampkin's Gripes in a store. I ended up very recently buying a package of them as a toss in with an online grip purchase.

Yep, that's the one. I don't think you will find one in any store, unfortunately. Looks like ebay is the only option at this time.

And the current listing has ended and he hasn't re-listed the item yet. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/The-Greensaver-/151101900722?

It is interesting to me how some testing opportunities spark more enthusiasm for others (even within the realm of clubs). Is it the aesthetics of the item? The company? The frequency a particular company partners with THP to make testing available?

I think some of it has to do with the item and perceived value, or whether people think it would be used long term. Personally I've held back from the last few because the season is ending and I don't have a good indoor range that is in my price range to put things through the proper testing.

I'd agree that I like the smaller item reviews. Because of a few of them, I have found some really nice inexpensive gear that I wouldn't have known about without THP.

The Spider repair tool and Epoch tees are two that come to mind that I now use religiously and wouldn't have even known about before joining here.

THP grown by leaps and bounds. People have come and gone but we have maintained a high level of quality members. As with anything, there is change and it's good. Not everyone will always agree or like it but it's needed.

I think it's an imperfect science but we do well and it's a very successful activity

Interesting stuff.

THP grown by leaps and bounds. People have come and gone but we have maintained a high level of quality members. As with anything, there is change and it's good. Not everyone will always agree or like it but it's needed.

I think it's an imperfect science but we do well and it's a very successful activity

As long as I'm still able to talk to cool people like you, I'm all for it!

I don't know how it is with others, but I will say for myself, that I have bowed out of the last few sign-ups because I have had the chance to attend the Callaway testing event and will be doing that in the near future. And with that comes the fact that others need the chance to test and keep something for themselves. Let's be honest, there is value in what we test, and I feel now that I am going to be way ahead of the pack in that, so I'm going to stay out of things for the near future. I was excited for a couple of the test announcements, but it just ain't right to try and get another test.

I don't know how it is with others, but I will say for myself, that I have bowed out of the last few sign-ups because I have had the chance to attend the Callaway testing event and will be doing that in the near future. And with that comes the fact that others need the chance to test and keep something for themselves. Let's be honest, there is value in what we test, and I feel now that I am going to be way ahead of the pack in that, so I'm going to stay out of things for the near future. I was excited for a couple of the test announcements, but it just ain't right to try and get another test.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

THP is here for everybody and anybody that wishes to be part of what we have. The beauty of what we have is that it whatever it needs to be for each member. Not signing up for each testing event falls under that same scope. I feel like it's more important to support everything that is reviewed and tested through the testing/review threads. Further, supporting for those doing the testing and reviews by acknowledging their efforts.

Nothing worse than watching members who don't apply every time get "the good stuff".

It used to be that great smaller reviews got you chances at bigger reviews. I think it's changed along the way but I'm really not sure. Not complaining at all. Just noting.

TTing

You know what else gets noticed? Participation in testing threads, even when you aren't part of the testing.

Hit 'em straight guys!!

I am impressed O'Carroll is running on time. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey....HEY! I was actually there first, and thought maybe I was at the wrong course. What kind of place takes 7:30 tee times and then doesn't open until 8:15?

You know what else gets noticed? Participation in testing threads, even when you aren't part of the testing.

This so true!

It is imperative that our members participate in the testing threads ask questions and interact with the testers. Because with out interaction thoughts get lost and things get missed or not brought up because the testers didn't think about it or didn't think any one would care about it.

I remember those days

TTing

Huh? Are you saying that doesn't happen now in general? If so, you should really go read some of the forum review threads.

afternoon all.

Got my errands done, now looking forward to a relaxing rest of the weekend. just hope the weather stays nice enough I can get some golf in tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back