Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats good info Ddec.

What are you guru's using for desktop PC speakers?

Our antiquated ones quit working last night. I don't even know what brand they were.
FWIW, our desktop is in our home office, not near the main TV, receiver & tuner...if that matters.

Our antiquated ones quit working last night. I don't even know what brand they were.
FWIW, our desktop is in our home office, not near the main TV, receiver & tuner...if that matters.

Altec Lansing AVS300 w/subwoofer. Nothing fancy. They came with this computer, I believe.

Question: connecting to internet, do you use free wifi or have to get a data plan (separate from phone) ?

tappin from my big as note2

Only certain tablets have 3g/lte radios.

Mine only has wifi

James- If you are looking for a Laptop "lite", have you thought about checking out the Chromebooks?

This is another one that is on the list for sure.

I keep eyeing the Bose Soundlink Mini for my desk.

Heading to the grocery store but I am going to stop at Best Buy first and pick up a ChromeCast.

Depends on which one. I have an iPad mini that does not have the data option. Wifi only. Not sure how the Android tablets work but I would imagine you have the option of getting a data plan or not.

Our iPads are wifi only. However they work fine with the personal hotspot function of my iPhone. If your phone has personal hotspot you don't need cellular on your tablet. My kids both streamed netflix and Disney channel videos simultaneously while I streamed Pandora on our recent drive to FL and throughput was fine.

No second expense necessary.

Im guessing unlimited data plan on cell?

I am def getting the force it looks awesome I always look down to see what time it is. I like the additional features and I also love the battery will last for another 2 days from the flex battery. Gonna pre order it on payday.

Im guessing unlimited data plan on cell?

Yes. For that kind of use it's needed. For just my purposes a limited plan would still be fine for me. Either way was less than two plans. AT&T enables data and voice simultaneously so it doesn't interfere with phone calls.

FWIW, my service is AT&T. When my oldest got a phone this year I got her MetroPCS for $40/month unlimited everything. Only compromise is 4G is limited during each month then it shifts to 3G for unlimited. 3G is adequate and it's been fine. I expect coverage isn't as good as AT&T, but we haven't had a problem so far and for half the cost of AT&T. Once Metro gets the iPhone, rumored in a few months, I expect AT&T will have its hands full.

maparyma.jpg

Couple of things.
Samsung Note 8.0 tablet is freaking awesome.
Samsung watch phone thingy is equally awesome.
I want both.

Best Buy has the full setups now. We may or may not have an 8.0 that you can mess around with next time we see you.
Im not kidding this tablet is freaking perfect for form factor and the S Pen's new features are awesome.

Looks cool Smalls, how is it working? Such a great idea might need one of these myself

Haven't used it much. Just threw up the "It's Not About the Nail" YouTube video on when my wife came home last night, and showed her that I set it up on her laptop too. We'll play with it more, I just wanted to make sure I got it!

The guy at the register said mine was the fifth one he rang up since he got on duty two hours earlier. The guys in the store said they can't keep them on the shelves.

The ads this weekend for the smartwatch were pretty cool.

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Chromecast. Anyone run theirs through an AV receiver and surround speakers?

Tapatalk: Gently Tapped like a downhill three-footer.

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Chromecast. Anyone run theirs through an AV receiver and surround speakers?

Tapatalk: Gently Tapped like a downhill three-footer.

Yup, have mine in one of the hdmi ports and it works flawlessly

Galaxy note 3. So much want for me right now!

#ImWithChad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back