5 Years Ago - THP Was Born

I remember finding this place right as the first Morgan cup was going on...crazy to see how much has happened since then.

Keep up the great work everyone this place just gets better with age.

Congrats on the milestone !

Personally, I cannot thank JB, GG and the rest of the THP crew enough for everything they have done.
THP and it's members (family) are the best !

Time fly's when your having fun! Hard to believe it's been this long, although I've not been here for all of it. I do remember thinking 570 members was a bunch, lol. Many things are still much the same today as they were 4 1/2 years ago, guessing they always will be, yet a lot of things have evolved to create what we have these days. I wonder what's next?

Congratulations to Josh & Morgan/THP :clapp:. I have met many friends through your vision. I wish you much success and many more years of growth and prosperity. Job well done :thumb:

THP just plain rocks!
I love you all

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

The THP Forum Five-Year Anniversary

The THP Forum Five-Year Anniversary

A little over a week ago, TheHackersParadise.com celebrated it's fifth anniversary. Well, on October 15, 2008 the THP Forum opened up to the public. And work production dropped immediately.

There is a website anniversary thread, but since there are forum anniversary threads for every year so far, I think it's only right that the tradition continues, since this is truly the best forum I have ever come across. Golf or otherwise.

I will always regret not checking a PM one day sooner or I would have been here on opening day. I am very proud that other than the people who actually own or created this site, I have been here the longest continuously. One freaking day short, what the heck is that all about!

We've seen a lot of changes over the years, and the direction that THP is taking is a good one. The growth of the entire website is incredible, and the fact that in five years we have nearly 45,000 threads with nearly 2.5 million posts by over 18,500 members (nearly 2,000 active) is mind-bottling. It's only going to keep getting better and more exciting around here, so don't go anywhere or you will miss something amazing!

We will be seeing the fourth Morgan Cup next summer, and we also have The Grandaddy, The King, the Invitationals, PGA Show coverage, THP Radio, equipment reviews (by staff AND by the forum members) and more. It's amazing what that little site from 2008 has grown into.

Thanks to Josh and Morgan for giving us all a place to play, pass the time and make incredible friendships, and to the original Hacker, Craig Mac for helping to get this place off the ground. I've spent an insane amount of time here and would never have imagined what this place has turned into. At the time this place came around, I was a member of many sites, trying to find one that was a good fit for me and I honestly thought that this would be one I was checking out. Well, it turned out to be the right one and I've been here ever since.

The forum members are some top notch people. I don't know all of you, but I personally know a lot of you and this place wouldn't be the same without each and every member of the forum. My fellow staff members, I am proud to call you all friends. I may be the only one who hasn't shaken hands with every one of them (most but not all), but it is just a formality. We've been through enough and talked on here enough that all that is missing is that handshake. Hopefully that happens this year,

Thanks again to JB and GolferGal for keeping this site going for all of us here now, and everyone who hasn't heard about it yet but will be here in the future (and there will be MANY).

happy anniversary! what a great 5 years has gotten better every year i've been here for sure! heres to many more!

Only wish I had found this place sooner. My favorite place to play on the interwebs.

Congrats on 5 great years and many, many more to come for the best golf forum and site on the web!!!

Happy 5 years THP forum!

Happy 5th THP Forum. Glad to be here, and hope to be here for the 10th!

Great thread, Smalls.

Shoulda opened that PM!

Whoop whoop! Happy 5 years to the THP forums!

Nice post Smalls. Couldn't have said it better.

I wish I would have found the forum sooner. Enjoying THP and all that it stands for. Here is to another 5 years strong, Cheers THP!

Happy 5th anniversary. Glad I joined this site just over a month ago. Countless hours have been spent surfing the various forum threads.

Looking to be here when the 10th is celebrated.

Great stuff Smalls. Can't believe how much has happened in 5 short years.

Happy Annivesary the best golf forum on the web! Here is to many, many more years of great golf conversation!

Happy Anniversary THP. Smalls summed it up very well and echoed many sentiments of a lot of us here. This place is home for me now and I cant imagine not checking in multiple times during the day.

Thanks to JB and GG for living their dream and to all of those behind the scenes that make this place tick. Thanks to the members too. I have meet some extremely awesome people because of THP and I have learned more about golf and my game in the relatively short time I have been here than the 38 previous years I have been in the game. I am a better golfer for it too!

Viva La THP!

JM

Well said Smalls! I think everyone who spends a good bit of time here wishes they would have found THP earlier than they did, I know I do!

Wow 5 years?!!! That is nuts. Congrats to THP and a heartfelt thanks to me. Without this place I dont know what I would do all day haha

Awesome post Smalls. Just an excellent place to be here on THP. Glad we all found it!

Happy 5th Anniversary to the best Forum going.

I too wish that I had found this place sooner, as it has had a hugely positive impact on me.

Great post Smalls. I can't imagine the pride that all of you founders/old timers are feeling about this site, because it is truly something incredible and it wouldn't have happened without all of you. This site has helped me so much in the last 3 months, and I can only imagine what things are in store for next year!

Back