Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
those look better than the black and white photo previously released

Yeah. Pretty hard to turn down. I'm going to play a round with them this weekend and then we'll probably make the swap. I was considering going to a Ping In-flight fitting center anyway and may still do that to make sure there isn't a better shaft in these for me. I'd love to put a set of Recoil shafts in them.

The Ping fitting cart has a Recoil shaft in it. Makes it pretty easy to see the results.

Wow, the driver looks pretty darn good.

Wow, the driver looks pretty darn good.

My exact initial thought, "wow, didn't see that coming for looks, that looks good!"

Agreed, looks is solid and price will be also.

Biggest downside of the Black was the price imo. Will be happy if this is a little more competitive.

Biggest downside of the Black was the price imo. Will be happy if this is a little more competitive.
I agree with that. $399 was steep.

If that driver is an improved version of the Black, I will be all over it.

To this day, the CG Black is the best driver I have ever gamed.

Lightweight head, lightweight shaft, lightweight grip. That's in my wheelhouse.

agreed. 399 was a tough pill to swallow for it.

If that driver is an improved version of the Black, I will be all over it.

To this day, the CG Black is the best driver I have ever gamed.

Lightweight head, lightweight shaft, lightweight grip. That's in my wheelhouse.

I've kind of found a comfort zone in the 60-65g shafts, but I'm always open to try something else. Either way, it's a must try for my swing.

I've kind of found a comfort zone in the 60-65g shafts, but I'm always open to try something else. Either way, it's a must try for my swing.

You and I are SO similar sometimes.

You and I are SO similar sometimes.

Which surprises me for some reason. I thought I was a freak since I can't make a driver spin lol.

I'm there too. Although I do like the B Asha 4s better in the Covert head than I did in the AMP Cell. Just feels heavier to me where in the AMP Cell it felt light and I couldn't control it. But I do tend to gravitate towards the weight class you are talking about

Which surprises me for some reason. I thought I was a freak since I can't make a driver spin lol.

Hahaha, hey now...I'm a solid mid spinner.......

OK, low/mid. :alien:

I'm there too. Although I do like the B Asha 4s better in the Covert head than I did in the AMP Cell. Just feels heavier to me where in the AMP Cell it felt light and I couldn't control it. But I do tend to gravitate towards the weight class you are talking about

I thought it was better in the X Hot than the Classic XL. I like a heavier head weight.

Hahaha, hey now...I'm a solid mid spinner.......

OK, low/mid. :alien:

Freaks we are.

Coincidentally I have been pondering a CG Black driver. Watching a few on eBay.

Have you ever hit one Rickus?

Coincidentally I have been pondering a CG Black driver. Watching a few on eBay.
That is an absolutely FANTASTIC ponder for you, Ricky.

Have you ever hit one Rickus?

No but I have the same type of swing as Ryan but slower. Everything I have ever heard and read about it seem to line up perfectly with my swing. For sub $70 it's worth the gamble.

I agree x 3. Wow at that price too.

If I had a Kusala White, it would be in the CG Black head, and would more than likely still be my gamer.

But, no White.

I feel like we've had this conversation before Ricky.

If I had a Kusala White, it would be in the CG Black head, and would more than likely still be my gamer.

But, no White.

I'm constantly on the lookout for one for you or I. We need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back