Lynching would be too lenient

JoeyJoeJo

Reaction score
Only got a pic today.

Two weekends out the past three, some ******* ***** ****** **** has driven a car onto the 18th green and done donuts.

Un-freaking-believable.

It's a community resource, used by lots of people and not just golfers and these ****s just ruin it.

Green staff have done a great job extending the green into the fairway but this kind of thing makes me extremely angry.

fdup18th.jpg

That's really a dam shame that someone would do that. Hopefully that bastard is caught and fined a Large fee or arrested. Sorry to hear about this happening.

This is when you get the police involved and have them sit as security. Anyone who comes up to the course at any time in the night should be taken in for questioning.

Happens often unfortunately in the 3 year I've worked at my course. Strange that it's the 18th green since you'd expect people to be able to see it happening. Glad your staff is stepping up to fix it any make it playable!

I'll also say that it could be a lot worse from my personal experiences repairing greens. Donuts on the green pales in comparison to one terrible weekend I had. I'll just say that there were some rather insensitive words carved (yes carved) into the green and the nearby tee sign thrown into the green several times. We were lucky to find a 6 foot circle without vandalism to put the flag for a few weeks. We never caught the people but a police report was filed due to the nature of the carvings and insurance helped with repair costs.

WOW WTF is wrong with people? Anyone let go from the course lately?

Glad to see that the grounds crew are working to make it playable!

Maybe the golf course could install some cameras and catch the bastards, since it happens so frequently.

Well now that just sucks, I've seen this before and it always courses that have access roads near them. Damn townies!

That's really too bad that people so stuff like this.

Looking at the picture, I would have expected more damage like trenches of dirt, etc.

Happens often unfortunately in the 3 year I've worked at my course. Strange that it's the 18th green since you'd expect people to be able to see it happening. Glad your staff is stepping up to fix it any make it playable!

I'll also say that it could be a lot worse from my personal experiences repairing greens. Donuts on the green pales in comparison to one terrible weekend I had. I'll just say that there were some rather insensitive words carved (yes carved) into the green and the nearby tee sign thrown into the green several times. We were lucky to find a 6 foot circle without vandalism to put the flag for a few weeks. We never caught the people but a police report was filed due to the nature of the carvings and insurance helped with repair costs.

That sounds horrific!!

There's no cameras or anything, being a council course there's limited resources but I just don't understand the mentality.
I did some stupid things when I was younger and am pretty tolerant generally but juat do not get at what point in someone's evening something like this seems like acceptable, even within the peer group, you'd like to think someone would draw a line. This is not not having a laugh, this is just badness.

Hope they catch who ever did this, their little fun will turn into a nightmare.

That stinks. Probably the same idiots who think it's funny to honk when driving by a golf course. Hope they get caught soon.

Lynching would be too lenient

It happens all over. When I lived in Wisconsin, they used to have problems at one of the courses with people using the bunkers as jumps. Even when the ground is frozen, you can imagine what a 500 pound machine that puts out 120+ horsepower and has a track with anywhere from 120-150 metal 1 1/4" long spikes in it does to the lip of a bunker and the green,
I believe they eventually lost one of the trails for that very reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

They should activate land mines under 18 in the evenings....problem solved

I hope someone knows who the culprits are and reports them. Damage to greens can be shockingly expensive to repair.

Something like this happened 3 years ago at the course I play most of my golf at. Two greens got "the treatment". It's only a 9 hole course, so it was pretty significant.
The RCMP didn't turn up anything definitive in the investigation, but I think many of the regulars at the course beleive one or two members of a group of ATVers who ride nearby trails were responsible. The tire marks in the greens looked pretty small to me, so it would make sense that they were made by an ATV.

Anyway, I hope you have seen the last of this moronic nonsense.

Complete disrespect. I hope they catch the guys.

I really hate this kind of crap. WTF is wrong with some people anyways?

Oh man that really sucks. There is some real #@$^heads around. We had some punks steal a cart from our course, drive al l over the 18th(luckythere wasn't much damage) then drive it down the back of the course and drive it off a bank.

That's such a shame and something I can't tolerate. We had someone years and years ago that poured hydraulic fluid on EVERY green and it took forever to come right. Why do people do these sorts of things? Even if they'd done donuts on the fairway you could probably handle it better but to do it on a green shows pure malice.

This is a total shame. I really hope they are able to catch these individuals and bring them to justice.

A bummer that some people can be so disrespectful. Sadly there's a lot of knuckleheads out there. Just hate to see this sort of thing.

That's just terrible, I don't know what causes people to do these kind of things.

A few years ago somebody took the flag stick from one of the greens and started jamming it into the green. There must've been at least 20 gouges on the green.

The worst I've seen though was somebody actually dropped a deuce on #9 and used the flag for toilet paper!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's awful.... Hopefully the green recovers. I'd say land mines may be in order.....

My home course had this happen a couple of years ago a few times and a hunting trail camera took care of it, along with the police and judge. Full restitution with some time in jail and all is well.

Back