Best swing of all time?

Canadan

No love for Louis Oosthuizen? He may not always win like a guy like Tiger, but his swing mechanics to me is darn near perfect.

I agree, his swing mechanics are close to flawless

Tapping from my IPhone

Charl Schwartzel.

The power this guy generates from perfect mechanics is just astonishing.

Last edited:
I've always been drawn to Erine Els's swing. That swing is like a hot knife going through butter.

Payne Stewart

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Hogan, Snead and Couples are three of the best. Adam Scott a definite honorable mention.

I'm interested by the couples fans. Is it because it looks good or it's a sound swing

One guys swing who I have always thought was great was Oglivie's. Shame he was never truly able to put it all together.

I am a big fan of Bobby Jones swing as well. Always interesting to look at the swings of the guys in the really older eras. You see a lot more lagging club head takeaways in many of those swings due to the differences in the shafts back then.

I'm interested by the couples fans. Is it because it looks good or it's a sound swing

Yea, that's a good call Freddie. I think it's more based on his syrupy smooth swing than in his positions. But I have to admit, I have always liked his style as well!

This is what I love about golf....all of these guys mentioned in the thread have their own unique swing and have made it work for them, while others have made their own swing work. Hogan and Snead both had beautiful swings and there is definitely something to be said for Snead's longevity in the game. As for the more modern guys I'm partial to Freddie (grew up on golf as a Freddie fan), Tiger, Adam Scott, and Louis O. (me being of a smaller stature, I would love to model my swing after Louis).

im obsessed with his follow through. i think his swing is popular because it looks good

Snead is one of the best of all time. Steve Elkington would be a great modern day swing along with Payne Stewart.

Another vote for Adam Scott, that boy has got it all! Only problem is he's a aussie ha ha, at least he has got a good kiwi boy on the bag ( even if he needs to learn to shut his big mouth sometimes:)

Sam Snead, I think. Most everyone else winces when they hit the ball, but I don't recall seeing that from Snead. Not that I've seen that much of him. Tiger, on the other hand, looks like he's getting concussed when he strikes the ball. And when he talks to the media, so maybe it's not really his swing....

[video=youtube;z-Nw__K1myQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Nw__K1myQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

And this swing has produced the best golf I've ever seen.

[video=youtube;XvMZHb6Zx-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvMZHb6Zx-A&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

I like all of the swings mentioned in here but I think what makes me like Snead's swing is it looked so effortless and NATURAL. Hogan had a great swing but it looked to me like he had to work really hard on it all the time if you know what I mean? Tiger circa '99/2000 was amazing too.

I like all of the swings mentioned in here but I think what makes me like Snead's swing is it looked so effortless and NATURAL. Hogan had a great swing but it looked to me like he had to work really hard on it all the time if you know what I mean? Tiger circa '99/2000 was amazing too.

I'm agreed, it's Snead

Couples is my vote.....Especially after watching it this summer when he played at the Sr tour this summer. Just awesome

Couples is my vote.....Especially after watching it this summer when he played at the Sr tour this summer. Just awesome

This. I absolutely love Freddie's swing!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Here is a video for those who are too young to be familiar with Snead. Sorry there is an ad attached, ignore it.

I'm going with Big Time Nate!!!

Let's throw a little love to one of the great overlooked swings - Gene Littler....

It is Sam Snead.

I also like Nicklaus' swing. Completely underrated once he switched and went away from the reverse C about halfway through his career to save his back and hip. When he did that he went on a still unparallelled streak with ball striking stats that were just ridiculous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVMeoRR4T2A

Swings I find aesthetically pleasing and up there near the top: Freddie Couples, Robert Rock, Bobby Jones, Payne Stewart, Al Geiberger

I am in the minority on this one but have never been a fan of Adam Scott's swing. Or Nick Watney's, or any of the TPI guys who pop the club out on the takeaway to create artificial width and disconnect their arms from their chest.

Last edited:
Back