The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really know anything about Mike Leach, but a guy who coaches for a program who has been running up scores on terrible Pac 12 teams for 5-6 years now crying about this is just funny to me.

Kinda like you said. Pot meet kettle.

Didnt Leach get shoved out of Lubbock for some controversy?

Bama's defense is still elite and has gotten better as the season has progressed. They have given up 16 points TOTAL in the past five games combined, but aside from them, I think you are seeing a year where there are more elite offensive players than defensive in general in the SEC which leads to these shoot outs.

Don't really know yet if this is just an occurrence that is cyclical, and that will go back the other direction when so many senior or draftable QBs are gone next year, or if the paradigm has changed with the increased number of spread, no huddle offenses that teams are running.

I want to see what Oregon does against Stanford before I get too concerned with how Alabama would do against them.

That'll be very telling, Stanford is alot like mini alabama, similar style team with less talent.

The same Bama D that A&M hung like 40 on? Never thought i would see the day they had to win a shootout.

The Bama D had three returning starters from last year and the A&M game was the second game.

That same defense shut out Ole Miss three weeks ago.

Didnt Leach get shoved out of Lubbock for some controversy?

Yes, but, D-bag James and his son had a lot to do with that. And that move almost bit TT in the ass until Kingsbury came back to Tech.

I still don't know why anyone would ever ever ever want to live in Lubbock, but whatever.

I don't either right now, and they still have South Carolina, Ole Miss, and A&M on the schedule...but they have some margin of error now for getting to Atlanta.

Butch Jones might have something to say about Mizzou making it to Atl as well!

Butch Jones might have something to say about Mizzou making it to Atl as well!

I know they won a big game for them yesterday, and maybe they can play with Mizzou for a while, but no chance Vols are in Atl this year.

I know they won a big game for them yesterday, and maybe they can play with Mizzou for a while, but no chance Vols are in Atl this year.

No no. I didn't mean the Vols would be in Atl. I meant they may make Mizzou's chance of making Atl more difficult.

Were like third world citizens here. Third world citizens with a football team that's 19-0 with urb
Waaaah....Urb is a turd and so is your schedule. Enjoy watching FSU leap frog you when the polls come out today.

1. I'm an Auburn Homer. It's true.

2. The job that Gus Malzahn has done with Auburn this year needs to put him in the Coach of the Year talk.

I wonder how miserable it was for him to work under Chizik?

2. The job that Gus Malzahn has done with Auburn this year needs to put him in the Coach of the Year talk.

I actually completely agree with 2 Beags.

I actually completely agree with 2 Beags.

I do too. The turnaround with essentially the same players from the train wreck they were last season really has been impressive.

I'm a Clemson alum, man that was painful.

My brother is too, and his wife posted this morning that the best part of the whole weekend was the priority security line at the Charlotte airport this morning.

Two of the dumbest coaching moves in my lifetime:

1) Houston Nutt allowing the old guard on his staff to basically run off Gus Malzahn. Arkansas was LOADED back then. They could have dominated the conference for years if Nutt had just had the sense to let Gus do what he does.

2) Gene Chizik allowing the trainwreck to happen, resulting in basically the same thing.

My brother is too, and his wife posted this morning that the best part of the whole weekend was the priority security line at the Charlotte airport this morning.

I'll wear it pretty heavy at work on Monday - in Eugene no less.

I'm a Clemson alum, man that was painful.

Oh man, I know all about earth shattering loses. It is hard to find something positive to take away from a game like that. Now win out the rest of the season, we need you guys to keep it together for strength of Schedule.

You're still here. We all thought you got abducted last night.

I went to bed after Clemson had turnover No.4 early in the third. Game was over, no need to lose sleep over it.

I guess I didn't post enough "Clemson sucks" posts last night. Sorry.

Two of the dumbest coaching moves in my lifetime:

1) Houston Nutt allowing the old guard on his staff to basically run off Gus Malzahn. Arkansas was LOADED back then. They could have dominated the conference for years if Nutt had just had the sense to let Gus do what he does.

2) Gene Chizik allowing the trainwreck to happen, resulting in basically the same thing.

Knowing Coach Chizik on a personal level, I loved when he was hired at AU. He is Great defensive mind, and immediately surrounded himself with coaches that would help him be successful. After some great success, he then went Tuberville on us and started trying to do you much. Which was apparent by last season and him having a direct hand in our offense.

AU with quite the jump in the AP poll from 24 to 11.

Wow.

As expected, strength of schedule mattered with the votes.
FSU leaps Ohio St.

As expected, strength of schedule mattered with the votes.
FSU leaps Ohio St.

Not playing Bethune Cook was a huge mistake that will cost them.

I'm glad the voters got it right, you see them afraid to jump teams too often.

I bet the coaches have us in the high teens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back