The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are a good team, I highly doubt they are #5 in the country good, but certainly a great year for Mizzou and Auburn after pretty bad and disgustingly bad seasons last year.
I don't disagree that they are not a top 5 team, but I would say 10-15 is a good spot. JMAN I also think that with Franklin they would be really good, but now if he can come back in a couple weeks but Mauk is still winning I think Mizzou has to let him keep playing.

I don't disagree that they are not a top 5 team, but I would say 10-15 is a good spot. JMAN I also think that with Franklin they would be really good, but now if he can come back in a couple weeks but Mauk is still winning I think Mizzou has to let him keep playing.

I don't know, Franklin really is that good when healthy, and without him we aren't having this discussion about Mizzou right now because they lose that game.

I don't know, Franklin really is that good when healthy, and without him we aren't having this discussion about Mizzou right now because they lose that game.

Totally agree and I am a huge James Franklin fan, but if they are still playing well how much do you start thinking about next year? I think with Franklin that Florida game is even more of a beat down.

Totally agree and I am a huge James Franklin fan, but if they are still playing well how much do you start thinking about next year? I think with Franklin that Florida game is even more of a beat down.

They better NOT start thinking about next year, never look ahead of what you have left in front of you, especially if you're undefeated. If we were talking a 3-3 team or whatever, absolutely, but not now.

Not a ton of Vols fans on here, but this was a story that I enjoyed a bit. The seniors for the Volunteers have been through hell for the past 4 or (redshirt) 5 years, and it's good to see that Butch has been doing everything possible to make their last year in Neyland one to remember. Not with a championship of any sort, of course, but in knowing that they are instrumental in the change that is coming to good ol' Rocky Top.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/wri...picture-special-day-special-time-in-tennessee

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not a ton of Vols fans on here, but this was a story that I enjoyed a bit. The seniors for the Volunteers have been through hell for the past 4 or (redshirt) 5 years, and it's good to see that Butch has been doing everything possible to make their last year in Neyland one to remember. Not with a championship of any sort, of course, but in knowing that they are instrumental in the change that is coming to good ol' Rocky Top.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/wri...picture-special-day-special-time-in-tennessee

Hmm, sure does seem like improper benefits. Wonder how much that meal was worth?

j/k, thats awesome, Colt. Glad to hear Butch is doing good by those players that have stood by UT for the past 4-5 years.

Hmm, sure does seem like improper benefits. Wonder how much that meal was worth?

j/k, thats awesome, Colt. Glad to hear Butch is doing good by those players that have stood by UT for the past 4-5 years.

I heard the meal consisted of 50 tacos...

I heard the meal consisted of 50 tacos...

Careful, the bammers' coaches can give their players money, while keeping contact with an agent, and thats cool. But if The Vols give away 50 tacos that will be 7 years probation.

Careful, the bammers' coaches can give their players money, while keeping contact with an agent, and thats cool. But if The Vols give away 50 tacos that will be 7 years probation.

Hopefully Butch made em do the dishes to pay for the food.... :alien:

BCS rankings are out...

Bama comes in at #1, obviously. But, FSU with their big win last night hop over a few teams and grab the #2 spot. Impressive.

Oregon, Ohio State and Mizzou round out the top 5.

Interesting that Auburn had the 7th best Computer ranking, but due to being shafted by the Coaches poll at #17, they fall to #11.

Has Baylor played anyone ranked or have they just hung 60+ on all these garbage Big 12 schools?

BCS rankings are out...

Bama comes in at #1, obviously. But, FSU with their big win last night hop over a few teams and grab the #2 spot. Impressive.

Oregon, Ohio State and Mizzou round out the top 5.

Interesting that Auburn had the 7th best Computer ranking, but due to being shafted by the Coaches poll at #17, they fall to #11.

If AP still counted instead of Harris they would be top 10.

It doesn't matter in the end, if they keep winning, they would move into the top spot with a loss pretty quickly. I'm sure there are some pissed off Oregon fans tonight.

Has Baylor played anyone ranked or have they just hung 60+ on all these garbage Big 12 schools?

I believe it's the latter of the two...
udu6y4u6.jpg

The latter, taking the Oregon approach.

If AP still counted instead of Harris they would be top 10.

It doesn't matter in the end, if they keep winning, they would move into the top spot with a loss pretty quickly. I'm sure there are some pissed off Oregon fans tonight.
Pre-2004, I said the same thing.

Pre-2004, I said the same thing.

I am not thinking NC this year, hopefully I'm wrong and we end up in the discussion, but I doubt it.

A one loss Auburn with wins over bama, as well as Fla/UGA/USCe/Mizzou will be the top ranked 1 loss team, no doubt in my mind. I still don't think it matters.

I am not thinking NC this year, hopefully I'm wrong and we end up in the discussion, but I doubt it.

A one loss Auburn with wins over bama, as well as Fla/UGA/USCe/Mizzou will be the top ranked 1 loss team, no doubt in my mind. I still don't think it matters.

You still gotta get through my Vols, too... :D

I know what you were saying, I was just bringing up that point.

Im not so sure. If Clemson were to run the table too and FSU did. In this case, their only loss would be against the #1 team in the country (because Alabama would have lost to Auburn), and they would have beaten UGA and USCe also.

Any rankings until the final few weeks are pointless.

Gently tapped like a downhill three-footer.

Im not so sure. If Clemson were to run the table too and FSU did. In this case, their only loss would be against the #1 team in the country (because Alabama would have lost to Auburn), and they would have beaten UGA and USCe also.

This is a crazy conversation, because I don't think there is anyway we win out from here. But there is no way Clemson gets in after the butt whopping they received, especially if the other one loss team took out Bama.

This is a crazy conversation, because I don't think there is anyway we win out from here. But there is no way Clemson gets in after the butt whopping they received, especially if the other one loss team took out Bama.

That is not what I was saying. I was saying that assuming both you and Clemson won out, I believe they would be higher ranked if FSU also won out.

That is not what I was saying. I was saying that assuming both you and Clemson won out, I believe they would be higher ranked if FSU also won out.

That would be ridiculous, do they play Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back