Golf Company Presence

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you like a company that will involve you or do you not care one way or the other as long as the company keeps putting out solid products?

Do you like a company that will involve you or do you not care one way or the other as long as the company keeps putting out solid products?

Customer engagement is awesome through social media, local events and support of THP and its members. I think it's an absolute must these days.

I think it takes a fine balance. The interaction with the consumer is more important to some people than others. And that is great and everything, but if the products you are putting out are either too slow to market, or crap, then all of that involvement is a moot point.

The balance is key imo, and in 2013 I dont think anyone did it better than Callaway

As long as they make good clubs, Im fine. I could careless about social media tbh.

I like me golf companies to be responsive to me if I have a question. Get back to me in a timely fashion (still waiting on a response from Matrix, it's only been 2 months). Put out solid products and answer your phone if I call. I don't need to have input on the product, but don't throw away my opinion either.

I like a friendly, helpful attitude from companies. Otherwise, it's like they are just out for your money.

IMO, its important for a company to have its customers involved because you cant possibly know what your customers want if you dont include them. In today's time of social media, really theres no reason not be engaged with your customers.

I think it takes a fine balance. The interaction with the consumer is more important to some people than others. And that is great and everything, but if the products you are putting out are either too slow to market, or crap, then all of that involvement is a moot point.

The balance is key imo, and in 2013 I dont think anyone did it better than Callaway

This x1000! Callaway went from not being on my radar at all (I pretty much dismissed them offhand) to the single company I am most stoked about in 2014 due to an excellent job balancing killer products and excellent customer interaction (thanks Chad and future King loser!). Between the Grandaddy, the King, and being in every MC, Callaway are the lead that every other company needs to follow.

relationship based commerce is always (to me) a more fruitful and enjoyable experience. In short, you want to like and trust the person/company with whom you do business.
maybe an extreme example but we actually sold all 3 of our same make vehicles after moving 'cause we couldn't stand the new area's dealership.

My fondness for Callaway is in direct relationship to all of the outreach they did in 2013. I like that they seem to care about the "normal" golfers.

I'd be more interested in a company that makes significant effort to engage actual or potential customers with their promotions with things like open days, roadshows, fittings etc. than an aloof "our products speak for themselves" hands off kinda thing.

I think it certainly helps to involve potential customers, especially using social media. I think it is much easier to get the word out on new products if you have customers involved.

Certain companies don't have to involve, but those companies are few and far between.

I'm totally torn on this. I love the fact that Callaway interacts the way they do and I would say that is a HUGE part of why I have purchased their equipment. However, I also appreciate the companies that simply produce good golf equipment like Titleist. I think that Callaway certainly opened my eyes in this regard, but I don't hold it against other companies.

Honest answer is that I don't care as long as they're good products.

What do we mean by "involve you?"

I must say, I didn't pay much attention to this aspect of golf prior to joining THP. The way that you and the OEM's go the extra mile by involving the consumers is really something special. Whether it is the MC or The Ultimate Club Testing, those manufacturers bring it!

I am thoroughly impressed with what Callaway is doing with their social media and club testing's.

It's nice, but certainly not a major concern for me. I'm a demi-Luddite with social media, so that's not a big deal for me as long as the gear works well.
That said, everyone's got solid gear and I'm pretty sure the more people feel involved the bigger the market share. Just isn't the tipping factor for me.

What do we mean by "involve you?"

It could be a number of things.
Social Media
being involved with places like THP
Have great customer service
Frequently in your area.

Anything that brings you closer to the company than you would be otherwise.

Funny I was just thinking about this very thing. When I opened my mail box today there was a sleeve of "test" Titleist balls. The enclosed note said to use them and they'd be emailing me next week for my feedback. I have tested Bridgestone balls twice for this forum and now for Titleist. This is will be very important when my next ball purchase comes around. I will remember those who valued my input.........

Social Media
Frequently in your area.

I was looking for a little clarification too, that helps.

I think in this day and age, any chance you can have to interact and involve your customers and more importantly potential customers, you have to take.

I think Callaway and some of the other golf companies are doing this very well. Maybe it's becasue I'm not on a lot of forums outside the golf industry, but I don't see a lot of companies in other industries doing this. I know my company (hotel industry) does some of it, but definitely not to the level of the golf companies I see.

I didn't really care until I became a member of THP and since I've been more involved here that feeling has grown. When I need something new the first companies I gravitate towards are the companies that care about the customer and the game in general. Typically the companies that are active with us here at THP.

Social Media
Frequently in your area.

These are a few of the things I was thinking about after reading the first post.

Yes, it is important to me and plays a big factor into what I play. I love the social media aspect and feeling like your thoughts are appreciated.

Prior to joining THP, all I really cared about was that the company put out a good solid product. Nowadays, I value companies more when they involve the customers. I would never have considered gaming Bridgestone balls if it wasn't for their involvement with this site.

When a company gets involved, they show that they care and they are looking for feedback instead of going by numbers in a simulator. I'd rather buy something from a company that has dealt with their customer base, this goes beyond golf equipment as well.

Back