Bunker Preference

Soft and/or Fluffy...keep the hard and moist for the fairway bunkers.

Soft and fluffy. The wet and hard around here is like playing off concrete. Too many skulled shots. I played really fluffy bunkers today, and at least kept the ball on the green. :D

I gotta ask about hard and fluffy?

Hard sand is too inconsistent as is fluffy. Ironically they both require shallow approaches right to back of ball.

As others have said, I can go either way as long as there is depth of sand and consistency. Unfortunately, I have neither at the course I play!

Soft and fluffy for me. I like to feel like I'm hitting out of sand not off bricks.

I like something in the middle. If it's too soft and fluffy then too often end up with partially buried / fried egg lies which are never good. If it's too hard, you can't blast through it and I don't like that either.

Soft and fluffy easily. Love to take a huge swing in the bunker.

I want to say soft and fluffy. I would prefer consistent from hole to hole at the least.

I will take soft and fluffy, too much of the sand around here doesn't even belong in sand boxes let alone bunkers.

damp, not hard... and I hate rocks!

Soft and fluffy all day. I absolutely cant stand bunkers that are hard and packed down. With fluffy bunkers I feel like I can just open up the face and swing hard. Ball flies high and lands soft. Money.

Doesn't matter to me. I just don't like seeing different types of sand, in different bunkers, on the same course.

If I have a choice.soft and fluffy.

I prefer a nice deep firm, heavy sand....easy to spin and judge carry distances.

Soft and fluffy is really hard to gauge.....easy to go right under the ball and leave it in the bunker.

There's supposed to be sand in bunkers?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4

I like soft and fluffy over hard and damp but would vote for "grass" bunkers.

Of the two extremes, I will take the soft and fluffy.

I think I'll take soft and fluffy. I think I'd rather short it than top smack it all the way across the green into another bunker.

If it's a green side bunker, soft with plenty of sand. If it's a fairway bunker, then hard compacted sand please.

I agree with Mark, especially on the FW bunkers, I cannot stand the soft and fluffy sand in FW bunkers.

I prefer soft and fluffy, but with a caveat...

When we played at World Tour, they have synthetic sand that will not pack down and stays soft and while at first it's a little odd because it's super soft, I hit some of the most amazing bunker shots at that place, so if I could have that synthetic sand on every golf course I played, I'd be happy. Some of the other people playing didn't adore it quite as much as I did though because it was so soft.

I prefer a thicker sand. Not whisper thin fluffy stuff. I'm capable in whatever, but I play the thicker stuff more often...

Back