Underrated/Unappreciated Movie Thread

More to list here.

Death Proof
Se7en (I know it is really acclaimed. I just don't think it's acclaimed enough)
Dogma

Dogma is fantastic.

Kung Fu Hustle is another one that doesn't get enough credit.

Who's Harry Crumb and Just one of the Boys are two of my favorite movies ever.

Green Street Hooligans and A Bronx Tale are two of my favorites.

Green Street Hooligans is a favorite of mine. I was told to watch The Firm which is a kinda of a similar story but told it was more realistic. Havent seen it yet though.

Boondock Saints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd agree, but they should have never made the second one. What a disaster.

The first one was so good, never bothered to watch the second. I had a bad feeling about it.

The first one was so good, never bothered to watch the second. I had a bad feeling about it.

Do yourself a favor and dont watch it. I made the mistake of watching it. Turned it off 20 minutes in and I NEVER turn off movies. I love watching bad movies.

Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

love that movie. Snatch is also fantastic, probably better. But Snatch isn't under appreciated

The Last Castle...Robert Redford and James Gandolfini

Lots of great movies in here.

Boondock Saints is sooooo good, but it has a HUGE cult following.

Lots of great movies in here.

Boondock Saints is sooooo good, but it has a HUGE cult following.

Get the pitchforks ready, that huge cult following makes me not like that movie as much. I liked that movie a lot. It was great. But I have seen it so many times and have heard so much gush over it, it's lost its luster. Even the first time I saw it, it felt like a low rent Tarantino movie with Irish accents. An awesome low rent Tarantino movie with Irish accents mind you.

Do yourself a favor and dont watch it. I made the mistake of watching it. Turned it off 20 minutes in and I NEVER turn off movies. I love watching bad movies.

Thanks for the heads up. Even if it is bad, I'll force myself to stick it out.

You just saved me two hours of my life!!

Boondock Saints is one of my favorites. Always will be.

Also,

The Killer & Hard Boiled are still some of the best action movies I have ever seen.

Also,

The Killer & Hard Boiled are still some of the best action movies I have ever seen.

The Killer is what inspired the Replacement Killers correct? Both of those are great movies

How about:

Office Space
Tron (from 1982...but the new one was good too)
Fight Club
The Shawshank Redemption (bombed at the box office, but is an awesome movie)

The Killer is what inspired the Replacement Killers correct? Both of those are great movies

Chow Yun Fat and John Woo did both, but they are not related.

How about:

Office Space
Fight Club

I like all of these, but I think they're well appreciated. The first 3 have a very strong following and I think Shawshank was nominated for an oscar for best picture.

Taps away

Tremors!

More serious note...American History X was very powerful.

How about:

Office Space
Fight Club

Fantastic movie. Should've done a ton better, don't know why it didn't. Maybe someone likened it to crawling through a pile of .....you get it.

Now I am wasting precious work time on youtube watching scenes from Hong Kong Action movies.

iconic tee house shootout from Hard Boiled

Spoiler

church shootout from The Killer

Spoiler

So so good.

Labryinth, Flight of the Navigator, Office Space, Boiler Room, The original Ninja Turtles movie and the one with Vanilla Ice singing "Go Ninja", Steven Segal in Marked for Death

Once Upon a Time in China is a great movie. Like Braveheart, but with Jet Li. Legend of Drunken Master is also amazing.

Why am I fixated on Asian cinema right now?!

Back