The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, you have to pick your battles. I'm saving mine for when I want her to start mowing the yard. My wife can fight about the dishes.:D

The girls have you wrapped around their little fingers - don't they?

The girls have you wrapped around their little fingers - don't they?

I don't know about that. We are pretty strict with them and they are well behaved for the most part. The youngest (6) is a lot harder to handle than her sister ever was, the problem is that my eldest is in that pre-teen stage and is starting to try and stretch her boundaries. Last year she wrote out her "Declaration of Independence" and posted it on the refrigerator for us. I'm so not looking forward to the next 10 years.:banghead:

Oh, you gotta post that! :clapp:

Oh, you gotta post that! :clapp:

I'll see if I can find it, it made me laugh when I read it the first time. I reminded her that while she may live in a free country I still run the house as a dictator.

A couple of weeks ago I asked her to do something and she said she would need a raise in her allowance. So I told her that if she didn't do it I wouldn't pay her any of her weekly allotment and her reply was that slavery was illegal.:banghead: She ended up doing the extra chore in addition to her normal chores with out a pay increase.

I'll see if I can find it, it made me laugh when I read it the first time. I reminded her that while she may live in a free country I still run the house as a dictator.

A couple of weeks ago I asked her to do something and she said she would need a raise in her allowance. So I told her that if she didn't do it I wouldn't pay her any of her weekly allotment and her reply was that slavery was illegal.:banghead: She ended up doing the extra chore in addition to her normal chores with out a pay increase.

You're tough MO. She cracks me up.

her reply was that slavery was illegal.:banghead:

Di you remind her that you are already paying for her clothing, food, and shelter? And that the cost of her expenses had recently gone up as a result of the additional activities she has chosen to undertake and that was required to work additional hours to "earn" those activities?

The Kid's standard line is, "It's a free country."

My response is, "Not in this house."

Di you remind her that you are already paying for her clothing, food, and shelter? And that the cost of her expenses had recently gone up as a result of the additional activities she has chosen to undertake and that was required to work additional hours to "earn" those activities?
No, but I will keep that in mind the next time the subject comes up, because it will.

No, but I will keep that in mind the next time the subject comes up, because it will.

I'm sure she'll have an answer to that too. Good for her. I don't mean for arguing with you, but for her ability to think.

We're leaving soon for another Christmas at my sister's house. The nieces and nephews are now in town. That means appetizers, another Turkey dinner, and countless more cookies.

I feel like The Led Zeppelin.

Kevin

We're leaving soon for another Christmas at my sister's house. The nieces and nephews are now in town. That means appetizers, another Turkey dinner, and countless more cookies.

I feel like The Led Zeppelin.

Kevin

That sounds like fun Kevin. Who ties you down and force feeds you? Your sister or your nieces?

That sounds like fun Kevin. Who ties you down and force feeds you? Your sister or your nieces?

It's not physical. I suspect hypnosis.

Kevin

It's not physical. I suspect hypnosis.

Kevin

Another conspiracy. Your relatives are so sneaky. I wish I could say the same, but I just open my mouth and eat - no questions asked.

brothers went home today after hanging out all weekend...
we normally get at least one round of golf in during the holidays... but with all this rain we've been getting they didnt wanna get all muddy... plus they were afraid id beat them (lol)... so yesterday we had our sibling rivalry betting on targets on the range... and today i said screw it and played without them

Its my last day of work this year :joy: YAY!!!

has anyone seen the Bud Light commercials where they say "Tailgate tested, tailgate approved"? They have one commercial where they talk about it being hard to put a condiment on a hot dog, it's so funny I giggle like a school girl every time I watch it.

We switched to 1% milk over this last weekend. Can't really tell the difference between it and 2%.

We switched to 1% milk over this last weekend. Can't really tell the difference between it and 2%.

Really? It's a whole percent.

Kevin

We haven't had anything other than skim milk in our house, ever. Since my parents, brother, sisters and all my in-laws also drink skim, I don't think my kids have ever had anything else.

We switched from whole (3.5%) milk to 2% sometime in the middle '70s. We may try skim (0.5%) down the road sometime.

We switched from whole (3.5%) milk to 2% sometime in the middle '70s. We may try skim (0.5%) down the road sometime.

Just as long as you stay away from soy milk. Blech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back