Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much this. I have a cutoff around 20˚ where hybrids just plain stop working for me off the deck. I find it much easier to get a FW airborne. If you're struggling with a 3W, have you looked at a high launch model or a 4W? I pretty much stick to the tee with my current 3W, but can hit it off the deck from time to time if absolutely necessary. I rely pretty heavily on my 5W and 4H for shots off the deck from a distance.

Agreed. 4w/5w is the answer for many people. Even something railed like the Mashie or Baffler or something really shallow might be your answer. What I find is that I tend to take a lot of stupid swings and stupid shots with fairway woods in general, which is a whole other problem. However, I hit what was basically line drives with every low lofted hybrid. 19° is my cutoff.

Hit a bunch of irons today and have narrowed it down to two.
1. Adams CMB
2. Callaway X-Forged
Great feel and nice forgiveness with both sets and distance was the same with the 7 iron 168 yards carry on flight scope I could really go either way. I like the groove pattern on the Cally's more and the soft satin finish on the Adams more than the chrome on the heel and toe of the Cally's.
With winter here I'm going to keep feeding the piggy bank and look at buying in February. It's going to take something special to beat out either of these clubs.

good clubs there scrap. I liked the x forged a lot! With no upcharge c tapers they were bliss. Demo day at gt Tommorow and I can snag a set if x forged for 550

Hit a bunch of irons today and have narrowed it down to two.
1. Adams CMB
2. Callaway X-Forged
Great feel and nice forgiveness with both sets and distance was the same with the 7 iron 168 yards carry on flight scope I could really go either way. I like the groove pattern on the Cally's more and the soft satin finish on the Adams more than the chrome on the heel and toe of the Cally's.
With winter here I'm going to keep feeding the piggy bank and look at buying in February. It's going to take something special to beat out either of these clubs.

I think my favourite part about the X-Forged was the PXi pairing. Just felt incredible through the ball. Hard to ignore the awesomeness that is tungsten though!

good clubs there scrap. I liked the x forged a lot! With no upcharge c tapers they were bliss. Demo day at gt Tommorow and I can snag a set if x forged for 550

Are you going to be out in the rain at 6:00 AM like me? I don't really need anything but last year there were some killer deals so I'm hoping something just catches my eye. I'm hoping the rain scares some people away. Or is it already snowing in Calgary?

I won't be sitting rain but snow. I know a few guys at the shop so I hope to score some good deals as there are lots to be had! Maybe a set of 913's, ap2, vokeys

Looks like Callaway just dropped the price on their XHot irons. I can get a 5-PW set for around 350-450 depending on shafts, which really is getting to the too good to pass up range. Thinking about upgrading to the Project X or maybe KBS. Anyone have any thoughts on which shaft would go well with these clubs?

I am currently gaming a set of X-18s from 2004, so I am hoping for some increased forgiveness and distance, especially on shots where I hit low on the face.

I've got the X-Hot Pros with the Project X 95s. The shafts work really well for me. The X-Hot review thread has plenty of comments from guys that went with the KBS too. Worth reading if your thinking about the purchase.

Bridgestone J40 DPC and Ctapers S+ for now.

Trusty Rusty 60*

IMO, they can be pretty difficult to get airborn compared to a fairway wood. I understand where you're coming from, but my experience has been that it sounds much better than it actually works out.

I was afraid of that. Oh well, if I get the chance to demo one sometime I'll give it a shot. Meantime I can keep working on the fairway woods at the range and see if Ican work it out.

Pondering just how much stuff in JB's garage I would like to put in my bag!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baffler T rail fairway wood.

> aerotechs?

CTL's would fit you WAY better. Ball flight similar to the Tour 90's that we KNOW are good for you but with a little more heft and IMO stability.

Badassery.

Well it's only been one round, but I can say without hesitation that this is one of the best hybrids I have ever played.

Not going to say the best ever.....yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back