The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Miami! This isn't UNC or Boston College you're playing! Go Seminoles!

FSU is the real deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much more subtle celebration this time. Just a nod of approval.. And then laughter bwahahaha

(Sorry Canes)

Haha karma.

That's what you get for talking cap the past 5 minutes.

Ankles aren't supposed to bend like that. Ouch.

Gently tapped like a downhill three-footer.

I'm curious if the score ends as it does, dos it tighten that space between Oregon or leap them?

I'm curious if the score ends as it does, dos it tighten that space between Oregon or leap them?

I would think beating two top tens will go a long way in the computer polls which play a part in the BCS formula.

I think if Oregon beats Stanford you guys are screwed =(

Don't disagree. I was not rooting for Florida, but wouldn't have been disappointed had we beat them with a mid teen ranking

With the VT loss today FSU will likely play a rematch against Miami in the ACCCG. The Canes will probably be low teens or maybe even high singles in rankings by then.

With the VT loss today FSU will likely play a rematch against Miami in the ACCCG. The Canes will probably be low teens or maybe even high singles in rankings by then.

It'd take a massive yak fest to fall out of #1 Coastal for sure. I'll still sweat out the rest of the season out of past results though.

I hope Florida State plays Oregon in the title game. I will be the biggest Nole fan around!!!

I hope Florida State plays Oregon in the title game. I will be the biggest Nole fan around!!!

Who knows! Everyone wants to give Bama a cake walk to the national championship but they have LSU, Auburn and whomever from the east to play in the SECCG. Lots can happen

FSU is who I'm hoping will win the NC.

Well that is assuming that Bama, FSU, Oregon, Baylor, dont' all lose. THen I'm hoping Auburn remains at 1 loss and plays Ohio State and whoops them, that could be fun. Yeah... I think I better keep pulling for FSU.

#RollNoles #RollWinston
sugute9u.jpg

Just got home a bit ago. What a great atmosphere tonight. The Doak was extra rowdy. Going into the 2nd half 21-14 made me a bit nervous. The defense really played well the second half. That 4th down stand late in the 3rd really made a statement. The game did not have the feel of Jameis domination but his numbers were still pretty strong.

#RollNoles

Last edited:
Who knows! Everyone wants to give Bama a cake walk to the national championship but they have LSU, Auburn and whomever from the east to play in the SECCG. Lots can happen

Interesting comment that I heard on the radio last week about this.

Local sports station was taking calls from UGA fans asking who they would root for if UGA and an undefeated Bama are in the SECCG. Not all, but lots of fans said they would root for Bama so that the SEC NC streak stayed intact.

In my opinion, that's a horrible position to take. if you're UGA, you're playing for the Sugar Bowl instead of the Outback Bowl. Hoping to lose so that another team from your conference does better (and then comes into your state in recruiting with another NC ring) is just a ridiculous position.

Local sports station was taking calls from UGA fans asking who they would root for if UGA and an undefeated Bama are in the SECCG. Not all, but lots of fans said they would root for Bama so that the SEC NC streak stayed intact.

In my opinion, that's a horrible position to take. if you're UGA, you're playing for the Sugar Bowl instead of the Outback Bowl. Hoping to lose so that another team from your conference does better (and then comes into your state in recruiting with another NC ring) is just a ridiculous position.

Wow, I have not heard that in the past. That is weak. I know you would not hear too many fans of other schools feel that way.
Auburn fans are not going to be rooting for Alabama.
UF fans are not rooting for other SEC schools.

Are UGA fans that much into "the south" compared to having a relevant program?

Lots of UGA fans that I know think of themselves as the Alabama of the East.. minus the NCs. It's weird how much they love Bama.

UGA has not won a national championship since 1980 and inside it kills them. I think they go the SEC pride route to make themselves feel better. I have many UGA friends in facebook and it's been constant "SEC cheers" after each NC game in this streak. They talk up how they play in the best and toughest conference.

I just don't get it. Why cheer and root for the teams you are going to be in direct competition in recruiting with for players. Those teams keep getting better while you've (UGA) has stayed about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back