The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy to make judgments when you aren't involved in it. Like I said he came to us and asked if he wanted it for x amount of dollars. We were going away for the weekend and he knew that. Told him we would have an answer for him when we got back. Had he said he couldn't wait then we would have not waited. He said no problem. Oh well. Thanks for the "insight"

But what if he ignored the other offer he got when you were away and you decided no, and then when he pursued the other offer it was off the table

It's a risk that can't be taken when selling a house, especially in a buyers market.

Easy to make judgments when you aren't involved in it. Like I said he came to us and asked if he wanted it for x amount of dollars. We were going away for the weekend and he knew that. Told him we would have an answer for him when we got back. Had he said he couldn't wait then we would have not waited. He said no problem. Oh well. Thanks for the "insight"
Sorry Dev, I was just giving a view of the seller. Maybe he could wait when you were told because no one was making offers. But then it changed when he got the offer. It was firm and you were just thinking about it as far as he knew. I wasn't judging, I was just giving my opinion. I'm sorry.

Guys I have been through this process a few times now. As a seller you can say, give me 24-48 hours then call and say you have an offer. We heard nothing until we went to make the offer for the amount he asked us for.

I love lamp.

It doesn't love me back.

Guys I have been through this process a few times now. As a seller you can say, give me 24-48 hours then call and say you have an offer. We heard nothing until we went to make the offer for the amount he asked us for.

Dev,
I tend to agree with you. To play the flipside, I will say I understand their side too. My last major sale of something we had something similar happen. I was told by a friend that he was interested in it possibly. We discussed price and he seemed cool with it. I then got an offer that was near my asking price and was told the buyer needed an answer with in 12 hours or the offer would be pulled.

I had to accept it. It was not my intent to be a dick to my friend, but when dealing with my family and large amounts of money changing hands, it was a decision we had to make. 1 in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Dev,
I tend to agree with you. To play the flipside, I will say I understand their side too. My last major sale of something we had something similar happen. I was told by a friend that he was interested in it possibly. We discussed price and he seemed cool with it. I then got an offer that was near my asking price and was told the buyer needed an answer with in 12 hours or the offer would be pulled.

I had to accept it. It was not my intent to be a dick to my friend, but when dealing with my family and large amounts of money changing hands, it was a decision we had to make. 1 in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

A phone call saying we got an offer do you want to match it would have made me feel alot better about this. We had no clue until we went to put in our offer.

A phone call saying we got an offer do you want to match it would have made me feel alot better about this. We had no clue until we went to put in our offer.

Again I am not disagreeing, but if you told him you needed a few days because you were going out of town, I am not sure a phone call is necessary. I am definitely not agreeing with his side at all, just saying that I am not sure it is as black and white when dealing with a home.

I am a firm believer in a house market that if something is right, act, if time is needed, then it might not be perfect or was not meant to be.

Just further reinforces my thoughts of never buying a house and/or car from a good friend or family. Too much grey area when it comes to the money side of things and the possibility of stuff going wrong maintenance wise. Seems like too easy of a situation to break friendships/family.

Again dev, I am confident the right opportunity for a house will come for you guys, keep your head up dude.

Broke the head off my breaker bar when putting my winter tires today. Man what a headache it became after that.

Broke the head off my breaker bar when putting my winter tires today. Man what a headache it became after that.
Needing winter tires would be my rant! All season radials with and AWD vehicle and a 4WD truck is all we need!

Needing winter tires would be my rant! All season radials with and AWD vehicle and a 4WD truck is all we need!

My rant would be living in a place where I had to make that choice.

I drove my little Kia Rio with all seasons for 10 years. 1st winter with my Elantra Touring and I ended up getting studded winter tires. Probably could get away without, just prefer the security of the studs with the ice conditions we get here, especially when our city streets get plowed once a winter (no matter how much snow we get).

My rant would be living in a place where I had to make that choice.

It sucks, but we can't all live in a golf year round state! We tried a few years ago, but couldn't sell the house for what we wanted, but that's another rant!

It sucks, but we can't all live in a golf year round state! We tried a few years ago, but couldn't sell the house for what we wanted, but that's another rant!

The market is better, try again!

The market is better, try again!

It's not here yet. Way too many foreclosures still being bought at bargain prices.

Besides, if I move now I would have to start my business all over again. I am here for at least five years.

Just further reinforces my thoughts of never buying a house and/or car from a good friend or family. Too much grey area when it comes to the money side of things and the possibility of stuff going wrong maintenance wise. Seems like too easy of a situation to break friendships/family.

Again dev, I am confident the right opportunity for a house will come for you guys, keep your head up dude.
Yes. Business + Family = too complex for me.
Due to the housing market up here being extremely expensive so many of my friends have bought houses and properties together with other friends or family or off of friends and family. It just complicates an already complex issue and rarely ends amicably.

Yes. Business + Family = too complex for me.
Due to the housing market up here being extremely expensive so many of my friends have bought houses and properties together with other friends or family or off of friends and family. It just complicates an already complex issue and rarely ends amicably.

The girlfriend and I have looked at moving to Vancouver after school as the job market for Planners is high, but the housing market is ridiculous.

The girlfriend and I have looked at moving to Vancouver after school as the job market for Planners is high, but the housing market is ridiculous.
It's mind blowingly nuts. A 1000 square foot bungalow on a smallish lot will easily fetch $500,000 anywhere near downtown. It get's a little better if you move out to the burbs like we did but get ready to commute...along with a million other people.

You ever have that day you just want to go away and pretend like it never happened?

I'm living that day today.

If I didn't have work to get done and could go to bed and speed it up, I would. Alas I cannot.

Boo. Hiss.

It's mind blowingly nuts. A 1000 square foot bungalow on a smallish lot will easily fetch $500,000 anywhere near downtown. It get's a little better if you move out to the burbs like we did but get ready to commute...along with a million other people.

Honestly though, is 500k in Vancouver that bad for that? In our town of 50k people, its 300k for a 800-1000sq ft home in crappy areas. We will need a house upgrade soon, out 150k house is gonna sell for 200 - 220k hopefully, and even then we need another 100k to get into something liveable.

Honestly though, is 500k in Vancouver that bad for that? In our town of 50k people, its 300k for a 800-1000sq ft home in crappy areas. We will need a house upgrade soon, out 150k house is gonna sell for 200 - 220k hopefully, and even then we need another 100k to get into something liveable.

Seems crazy to us around here, but I see it on tv all the time. 300k here buys in the upper levels and not many at or over 500k in the area. I'm talking huge beautiful homes.

You ever have that day you just want to go away and pretend like it never happened?

I'm living that day today.

If I didn't have work to get done and could go to bed and speed it up, I would. Alas I cannot.

Boo. Hiss.

Hang in there my friend!!!! Good things are always on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back