Recap Thread - 2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every milestone from the 2013 MC is burned into my brain. Each thought takes me back to that time and place. Very few events in my life can boast that claim. Birth of kids, wedding day and NIGHT! Hole in one, College grad, first car, first time. Might be a few more that take me back but not many.

The MC has the ability to change lives if you let it. Or you can just let it be another outing.

QFT, it was truly an experience I will remember forever, so many emotions running wild and such an incredible adventure to be a part of!

Still seems just yesterday I was at True Blue watching groups tee off on Sunday! I had such a great time watch Tyno's group play all 18 hole what a great match!!!! Great group of guys I'll never forget Freddie's second shot onto a par 5 and put it to 3 feet, and made the putt. It was a relaxing round of intense competition, then it got crazy on the last 4 hole when most of the matches were over and everyone started following our group. To see that many carts and people in the fairway driving up to a green, I was in awe! Not to mention the celebration afterwards. To see a group of golfers, guys, men, friends, brothers come together in such raw emotion. The camaraderie was amazing! I can only hope to be part of it as a participant someday!

Turner

There are some awesome recaps in here.... You guys were all rock stars.... And to think a year ago we were working to finish up the videos to start the process.

There are some awesome recaps in here.... You guys were all rock stars.... And to think a year ago we were working to finish up the videos to start the process.

Thanks man. So so true. How scary it is that time goes by this fast...

I agree. The guys all did a great job.

I can't wait to get the process for the 2014 Cup underway to see if we can live up to the bar you guys set for us.

Still seems just yesterday I was at True Blue watching groups tee off on Sunday! I had such a great time watch Tyno's group play all 18 hole what a great match!!!! Great group of guys I'll never forget Freddie's second shot onto a par 5 and put it to 3 feet, and made the putt. It was a relaxing round of intense competition, then it got crazy on the last 4 hole when most of the matches were over and everyone started following our group. To see that many carts and people in the fairway driving up to a green, I was in awe! Not to mention the celebration afterwards. To see a group of golfers, guys, men, friends, brothers come together in such raw emotion. The camaraderie was amazing! I can only hope to be part of it as a participant someday!

Turner
I've played a lot of rounds with a lot of people. This Sunday round was one of the best times I have had on a golf course. Riding with Nate and watching he/tyno go at in the middle of the ring. Sharing time with Tim and rejoicing in his pending fatherhood. The pressure of the moment and the feeling that we had left it all in the course. I can replay every shot in my head.

I agree. The guys all did a great job.

I can't wait to get the process for the 2014 Cup underway to see if we can live up to the bar you guys set for us.
IF?!IF?! There is no doubt in my head that you will make this MC one for the ages. Taking nothing away from those that have done this before because each one was special to those that were in it. 2014 will be on a whole mother level. It's already shaping up that way with the selection of you, Mikey and Ryan. Can't be great without great men leading! BOOM!!

F*ck it, lets do it again! The other event and changes we spoke of will be made into something else. That's right, the 2014 Morgan Cup is on and its no longer the Ultimate Amateur Golf Event. Its the Ultimate Golf Event PERIOD!

Just reading through the recap thread and the original post really stood out to me. This sentence is all sorts of awesome!

Just reading through the recap thread and the original post really stood out to me. This sentence is all sorts of awesome!

no kidding man, cant believe ITS BACK!

Everytime this thread come back up. Man, the memories come flooding back. 2014 has a huge bar to surpass, but you know what, it will be surpassed. The way the foundation has been laid for 2014 already tells me that it will top 2013. Can't wait to see it unfold!

32 awesome THP'ers will be bringing it back to Myrtle in 2014. Biggest question is who are the other 21??

I cant even fathom right now what it would feel like being selected to this even. The bar has been set so high from those that have been there before to only continue to get better. Watching all these recaps brings the MC into perspective untilbeimg placed intose shoes.

I can think of 80 or so guys I'd like to see throw their hats in the ring. I think we have the strongest group of guys we have ever had to fill the available spots. I know everyone can't make it to play but there is plenty to do other than play.

32 awesome THP'ers will be bringing it back to Myrtle in 2014. Biggest question is who are the other 21??

I don't know who they will be, but I know that I can't wait to have some teammates on this incredible journey.

I've been watching the videos from the 2013 MC and and am really enjoying the look back. 2013 was an awesome event and the 2014 MC will be even better. The 32 people involved will have a life changing experience and I cant wait to see who the other 21 lucky people will be.

So let me talk a little about this 'life changing experience'. I had no idea how a golf tournament could change ones life until I spent 5 days with the Morgan Team of 2013. I had no clue the level of various emotions I would experience through out the weekend. I had not clue that the memories of that weekend would linger for so long and continue to be so vivid.

I pride myself on being pretty steady as a person and this weekend through me for a loop. An expectation I had was altered in some way or a complete surprise. I formed bonds I didn't expect and bonds I thought I'd have never came to be. It's pretty awesome to see 32 staff bags during media day and each morning prior to tee times. It stunning to see everyone on the first tee cheering each other on. It great when a camera is stuck in your face and you spout off what you liked about the last shot and how your equipment helped. All of that is great and will remain with me the rest of my days.

But you know what really cool, sharing all of it with you guys after the fact. You get perspectives from everyone that attended and see it through their eyes. This cent must be experienced and then you'll know my rambles and you'll understand our excitement. I can't wait to read 31 new recaps after next years event. I hope I'm reading yours!

Freddie Kong is the coolest dude in the room. Great post bro. It was amazing having good you on my team, I know the other 6 guys would agree, you did so much for all of us to help us win!!

I definitely plan on being at the '14 MC!
I will voulenteer ad my game has to progress.
I will be there if there is still a place for voulenteers!

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game!)

Love seeing the thoughts from those that have experienced this before. It really looks to be a special event and a life changing experience. I am looking forward to seeing more about this and who all ends up competing. I hope more than I can say I get to be one of the lucky ones, but I will support this whole-heartedly regardless.

I am pumped to see this much excitement so early in game. Nothing gets my blood going like this event.

Freddie Kong is the coolest dude in the room. Great post bro. It was amazing having good you on my team, I know the other 6 guys would agree, you did so much for all of us to help us win!!
Playing side by side again, can't wait brother.
I am pumped to see this much excitement so early in game. Nothing gets my blood going like this event.
You are going rock the Captains chairs this time around.

I definitely plan on being at the '14 MC!
I will voulenteer ad my game has to progress.
I will be there if there is still a place for voulenteers!

I can tell you now, get ready to work in the heat as a volunteer. It's hard work as Playdough, Smithfaced, Nerfny, JB, GG, and myself could easily tell you. It's fun, but you're definitely working all day. At least the players get some kind of shade and moving AC!

I can tell you now, get ready to work in the heat as a volunteer. It's hard work as Playdough, Smithfaced, Nerfny, JB, GG, and myself could easily tell you. It's fun, but you're definitely working all day. At least the players get some kind of shade and moving AC!
Ahem....

Every time I see ANY thread having to do with the MC updated, I get a chill (in a good way) and then open it. Gonna try, but want to be there either way. I'll work hard to represent if chosen or work hard as a volunteer. I'm gonna be there either way if there is room.

JM

I look forward to it!

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back