Callaway Apex Pro Irons Preview

Did you play the J40 DPC's or the cavity this year? The back part reminds me of the cavity, and the top line a little slimmer.

I think you could handle it. The stock shaft pairing is SO SOLID.

DPCs, which I love. The stock shaft is something I really want to try as well. If it's actually KBS Tour feel with increased dispersion, it will be a winner.

DPCs, which I love. The stock shaft is something I really want to try as well. If it's actually KBS Tour feel with increased dispersion, it will be a winner.

If you're worried, do a mixed set. I don't think you'd have any trouble with the pro model

If you're worried, do a mixed set. I don't think you'd have any trouble with the pro model

I think Matt was surprised I went with the combo set, but I just wanted more forgiveness in my longer irons. I don't get out and play as much as I would like so thought I would be better off long term with the combo set.

Those look super sexy, awesome job Callaway.

These irons look great. The look like they might contend with the J40 line as far as great looks and forgiveness.

Wow, those are slick. Well done Callaway.

I think Matt was surprised I went with the combo set, but I just wanted more forgiveness in my longer irons. I don't get out and play as much as I would like so thought I would be better off long term with the combo set.

I think its a good move, and its not like you are going to miss a rediculous amount of feel by having the non-pro's since those felt so awesome too

I like the idea of a combo set but these clubs are so easy to hit for a players irons. The science behind the club is what makes the design perform

I like the idea of a combo set but these clubs are so easy to hit for a players irons. The science behind the club is what makes the design perform

I think the idea of a combo set is fantastic, I could see that working for a lot of people, and possibly me. But I agree, I'm curious how much the tungsten in the longer irons helps with the playability for people. Would love to try these.

I am with you there Freddie. A combo set intrigues me. If I can get a little higher launch with the 3 and 4 iron and still have the same distance, I think that would be a winner for me.

I am thoroughly intrigued by a combo set, I can't wait to spend some time with both sets!

I am thoroughly intrigued by a combo set, I can't wait to spend some time with both sets!

I think gap building is what determines your setup make. For example, I'm building under the impression the 5i is going to go about 190 for me. My current 4H has similar loft and goes about that. Seems like a very safe assumption (current 5i is 180) My first fw is a safe 200. Gap filled, and now I have room for the GW.

I think its a good move, and its not like you are going to miss a rediculous amount of feel by having the non-pro's since those felt so awesome too

My thoughts exactly. Both the Pro and regular have great feel, so there is nothing lost in that department.

I really like what they have done for the long irons, making it a point to add some forgiveness there.

A combo set could be awesome, but if they are anything like some of the other offerings coming out there really isnt a need as these will perform very well for many people.

I am really looking forward to seeing more from these. When I decided to get a new set for 2014, it was between these and the S55 and my impatience won out. I still think these may be in the cards in 2014.

Seriously everytime I see callaway update their twitter I get mad, why mad? Because I want these in my hands already! They are gorgeous!

Seriously everytime I see callaway update their twitter I get mad, why mad? Because I want these in my hands already! They are gorgeous!

Just think, you might have one of the first left-handed sets of this iron set

Just think, you might have one of the first left-handed sets of this iron set

I honestly never thought of that..honestly mind blowing, wow

Gorgeous. I must try them.

I think the idea of a combo set is fantastic, I could see that working for a lot of people, and possibly me. But I agree, I'm curious how much the tungsten in the longer irons helps with the playability for people. Would love to try these.
The metal comfort that comes with a GI long iron can be VER tempting. But the pro version is going to surprise a great many

I am with you there Freddie. A combo set intrigues me. If I can get a little higher launch with the 3 and 4 iron and still have the same distance, I think that would be a winner for me.
I may add the 3-6 in apex after some time with pros. But I remember getting some great trajectory with the three iron
A combo set could be awesome, but if they are anything like some of the other offerings coming out there really isnt a need as these will perform very well for many people.
My point exactly
I am really looking forward to seeing more from these. When I decided to get a new set for 2014, it was between these and the S55 and my impatience won out. I still think these may be in the cards in 2014.
im sure your happy but I told you to wait and see.

Man those look pretty dang sweet...and I love that the Apex name has made a comeback.

Really like the tech talk and the looks of these. I love what oem's are doing with "players" cavity back irons.

Really? This is buried this far down?

I don't even like my current irons any more and they're practically brand new. Lol

#ImWithChad

UH OH!!!

I love receiving PMs from JB

I received no pm?

Back