Callaway Apex Pro Irons Preview

Did you hit them? Could you see them going in your bag?

I have hit them. For a while on the range actually. Not sure about my bag, but they will be in many and they are solid across the board. You know for years golfers on message boards have asked for this set. The forged set with forgiveness that had a unique look (Like Japan releases). Its here for them now.

In person to me these are one of the best looking sets of irons to come out in close to a decade.
They just have this look to them that wreaks of class, if that is possible in a golf iron.

They really do look that damn good.

Had me thinking back to the interview with Harry and what he was saying about these.

If the looks plus what he said about the design don't get you excited to try them......well something's wrong with you. :)

I have hit them. For a while on the range actually. Not sure about my bag, but they will be in many and they are solid across the board. You know for years golfers on message boards have asked for this set. The forged set with forgiveness that had a unique look (Like Japan releases). Its here for them now.

Awesome. Thanks for your thoughts. I cannot wait to try them. I think I would like them in the scoring irons, but not sure I have the swing for them in the higher lofted irons

Awesome. Thanks for your thoughts. I cannot wait to try them. I think I would like them in the scoring irons, but not sure I have the swing for them in the higher lofted irons

You are the perfect example of this. How long have LH asked for a set of irons like this? Here it is.

The X-Forged irons last year looked a little too demanding for my game, but the XHP seemed to appeal to a lot of players on my level. Ward, you think I could game the Apex Pros?

I've played one round of golf with you. With that said, you could play pretty much any iron you wanted to play.

You are the perfect example of this. How long have LH asked for a set of irons like this? Here it is.

Agreed. I really liked the idea of the pro combo set and it didnt come to fruition in LH. Provided they have the GW in the pro set I could see myself maybe with GW,PW,9i maybe even 8 in the pros.

Agreed. I really liked the idea of the pro combo set and it didnt come to fruition in LH. Provided they have the GW in the pro set I could see myself maybe with GW,PW,9i maybe even 8 in the pros.

I reckon they do

I just went and looked at the specs. Seems a combo set would require some bending for sure. I plan on going into December with an open mind and I will end up with whatever works best, even if it isn't these beautiful things.

Those things are gorgeous. Everything about them intrigues me; tungsten sole in long irons, new groove profile for rough, and the CG getting higher in the shorter irons. Want to hit them...

These look so awesome. Maybe someday....

Oh my...these look good. I am definitely going to have to find a way to hit these.

Very nice clean looking CB iron though when i think of Apex i think Blade not CB but very nice iron

They way these and the standards were blistering the ball off the face, I may need to relearn distances again once they show up.

The X-Forged irons last year looked a little too demanding for my game, but the XHP seemed to appeal to a lot of players on my level. Ward, you think I could game the Apex Pros?

Did you play the J40 DPC's or the cavity this year? The back part reminds me of the cavity, and the top line a little slimmer.

I think you could handle it. The stock shaft pairing is SO SOLID.

I've not seen a Callaway iron that I basically drooled over in a long long time. Maybe ever.

That's just changed!! Beautiful iron - had my heart set on S55s but these will give Ping a run for their money!!

Last edited by a moderator:
These are very sharp looking and the tech is awesome.

The feedback from those who hit these at Mission Inn is great as well. I will be watching the long term thoughts on these.

These look crazy good! Annnnnnd I just got my X-Hot Pro's....:banghead:

I'm not complaining though, my XHP are sweet, but these would be an amazing set to have I'm sure. Can't wait to hit these puppies on the range!

I'm now very happy that I did not get the newest X Forged irons. I can definitely see myself gaming the Apex Pro irons. Still need Callaway to let me have my PUD back!

These look amazing !!! #gorgeous

Callaway Apex Pro Irons Preview

I was thinking about these today and how I would really like to see the setup. I was thinking of getting a 3 and 4 iron in the Apex and then 5-PW in the pros.

I think the added forgiveness in the long irons with some better launch will help get the ball up and land soft when going into greens and the flatter plane and spin with the other clubs will fit nicely into a pretty solid bag for myself.

Back