The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest--ITS BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made the mistake of going down the cafeteria for a spoon to eat my low fat black bean soup for lunch. There was chocolate chip cookies everywhere! Or at least I saw a basket of them and my mind started playing tricks on me. Either way, I made it back safely without cookies, but my black bean soup doesn't taste so great now.

I just got up and did some more stretching and I am drinking so much water my body may soon become a flotation device. The worst is my arms, back, shoulders and chest. Basically everything in the upper body hurts like hell, and my right tricep is so sore I can barely bring my right hand to my right shoulder. Damn all those pushups!

It's my legs. Hockey practice tomorrow should be fun hahaha.

Why not? Sack up Dean!

Just had a wonderful salad for lunch.
Know whats better than a salad for lunch? Everything.

Bolded for cold hard truth

Managed to get in about 30 minutes of plyometrics on P90X this morning before my six month old woke up. I wish he would get with the time change program and start sleeping in a little later.

30 minutes is about all I could make it through on the plyometrics dvd last night, that thing is a killer. My legs are so sore today, I can barely walk.

It's my legs. Hockey practice tomorrow should be fun hahaha.

That's not going to be fun, good luck!

Made the mistake of going down the cafeteria for a spoon to eat my low fat black bean soup for lunch. There was chocolate chip cookies everywhere! Or at least I saw a basket of them and my mind started playing tricks on me. Either way, I made it back safely without cookies, but my black bean soup doesn't taste so great now.

That is the worst! It's easy to fight a temptation when it's just in your head (like craving a pizza), it's a whole other thing with it's in your face. Good job on fighting the demons.

That's not going to be fun, good luck!

That is the worst! It's easy to fight a temptation when it's just in your head (like craving a pizza), it's a whole other thing with it's in your face. Good job on fighting the demons.

It is and thanks. Not going to the cafeteria again for awhile. If I run out of spoons, I am drinking my soup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another crossfit class done. I am still sore as hell but I am so glad I went. I did remember something tonight though, I despise mountain climbers! BRUTAL!

Free pizza and candy at work today. Bad start for me! I'll also be in Atlanta from Friday to Monday eating all meals out. I'll have to really get started next week!

Tonight's Workout
Ladder Up

(1,2,3, etc…): 7 Mins
1) Box Jumps
2) Box Squat

WOD
3 RFT : 15 min cap
20 Alternating Single Arm KB Swings (20 each arm: 40 total)
15 KB Rows (in Lunge position) *15 rows each arm: 30 total
10 Plank Hand Step-ups
(get into push-up plank position and walk one arm at time up onto 45# plate, then off: Keep arms straight throughout movement)
5 Wall Walks

Finisher
3 RFT: 7 min Cap
50 Mountain Climbers
20 Ab-mat Situps

To celebrate losing a bunch of weight, my wife took me out to an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet... I don't think she gets the point. Sadly, I don't have GG's willpower and pigged out. Good thing I'm playing racquetball tonight.

I'm officially broken. I cannot bend or fully straighten my right arm. My left one is sore, but can be moved unlike my right one. I am pretty much waddling around right now because my legs are sore now too. They weren't kidding when they made us sign that waiver that said we might die. I think everyone in the class, at one point, had to take a second and step away for fear of getting sick. Maybe my next workout routine will be yoga, it's so much more zen haha.

I think yoga mixed with this would be fantastic. Good news is that the pain diminishes post workout the more you do.

Awesome job getting in there Morgan!!

I'm officially broken. I cannot bend or fully straighten my right arm. My left one is sore, but can be moved unlike my right one. I am pretty much waddling around right now because my legs are sore now too. They weren't kidding when they made us sign that waiver that said we might die. I think everyone in the class, at one point, had to take a second and step away for fear of getting sick. Maybe my next workout routine will be yoga, it's so much more zen haha.

Im sure its smooth sailing after the first few workouts...lol

I think yoga mixed with this would be fantastic. Good news is that the pain diminishes post workout the more you do.

Awesome job getting in there Morgan!!

Thanks! I am actually thinking about doing some yoga DVD's that I have on my off days. It's such a great way to stretch. I would love to take some hot yoga classes, those are my favorite, but I can't spend the money on that and this, it's just too much.

DDP Yoga is amazing. Low impact high intensity. Do. It 3-4 times a week. My back feels Sooooo much better. Love Yoga.

Thanks! I am actually thinking about doing some yoga DVD's that I have on my off days. It's such a great way to stretch. I would love to take some hot yoga classes, those are my favorite, but I can't spend the money on that and this, it's just too much.

Crossfit gets better once you adapt. Just stay on it. When you take a week off it hurts again.

As for hot yoga, in NJ there are always a ton of Groupons for hot yoga at good rates. Is that an option in Florida? They help each other. Yoga keeps you limber, Crossfit helps with the pose strength.

Crossfit gets better once you adapt. Just stay on it. When you take a week off it hurts again.

As for hot yoga, in NJ there are always a ton of Groupons for hot yoga at good rates. Is that an option in Florida? They help each other. Yoga keeps you limber, Crossfit helps with the pose strength.

I did crossfit a few years ago so I was aware of the kind of pain I was about to get myself into. :smile: But it still feels better to complain about it. Because Sarasota is such a small market most of the groupon's are for the Tampa Bay area, it's tough to find ones over this way. I have a ton of yoga DVD's, so I can do those, but I still prefer the hot yoga, the heat really helps with the sore muscles.

Once I can straighten my arm again it should be better haha.

Two words.... Foam rolling. Also Voodoo bands are good. Basically anything that gives compression and pushes lactic acid will help recovery.

Two words.... Foam rolling. Also Voodoo bands are good. Basically anything that gives compression and pushes lactic acid will help recovery.

Funny you say that, I have been wondering around my house looking for my foam roller for the past 5 minutes. I cannot remember where I put it, and now I am starting to fear I threw it away when we moved last year. I hope not, I could use that right about how.

Just weighed myself and actually reached the goal I set for the week.

Just weighed myself and actually reached the goal I set for the week.

See, aren't you glad I kept saying no to pizza and the new restaurant that opened up? If I said yet, this goal wouldn't have been reached. So you're welcome. :alien:

Great workout last night even though had little to no motivation. Would have been very comfortable staying home, but got myself to the gym for 35 minutes of cardio followed by a leg/back weight session. Afterwards i went home and did the P90x Ab Ripper again. I slept really, really well last night.

Changing up my snacks for the next couple of days and getting away from Almonds. I picked up some snack size vanilla Greek yogurt packages at Wegmans and have a couple with me.

Great workout last night even though had little to no motivation. Would have been very comfortable staying home, but got myself to the gym for 35 minutes of cardio followed by a leg/back weight session. Afterwards i went home and did the P90x Ab Ripper again. I slept really, really well last night.

Changing up my snacks for the next couple of days and getting away from Almonds. I picked up some snack size vanilla Greek yogurt packages at Wegmans and have a couple with me.

That is so awesome that you still went to the gym when you weren't motivated at all. That's a huge accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back