The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think if someone was throwing the N word around with reckless abandon someone would take serious offense to it. It all just seems very strange.

I know they aren't in high school, but in high school sports it was very common for some of the white guys to throw the word around too. It's just a really really odd situation, it will be really interesting to see how it all works out.

I can see both sides of the story here, yeah, it looks bad on Richie that he said the N word on a voicemail but its obvious that is something that is accepted in the locker room there and that's something that the outside world will never understand. When you play football those dudes become your brothers so stuff like that really doesn't ruffle any feathers in the locker room unless you are really come out an say it in a obvious degrading, condescending way, or at least that's how it was when I played. No harm, no foul. Some people would probably be off put with the conversations I have with my black friends but those same people won't take into account how long you've been friends and what all you've been through together and how close you are and how when you become friends like that, no body really thinks about it in a way the outside world might. All I'm saying is that it will be hard for someone to understand that locker room culture unless they've been apart of it. I'm not saying Richie is in the right but its obvious where the teams support lies and if everyone would take a step back and stop trying to be so politically correct maybe it wouldn't be such a huge issue. I think that Martin just wasn't really prepared for that type of culture being that the locker room at Stanford and the private high school he attended were no where near as rough as say a SEC or Big 12 locker room where most of these guys are coming from. I'm not saying Richie is in the right but you have to look at things from all perspectives here.

so excited for more Vikings prime time football

BLAH

This is still a relatively new story, but I already feel like we're :deadhorse: since it's almost all I hear about on sports radio. Anyways, I thought this was an interesting read. Lydon Murtha played with these two guys, and gave an insider's story.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-dolphins-lydon-murtha/

Mike and Mike were talking about that article this morning. It is going to be interesting to see how this story plays out over the few days and weeks.

so excited for more Vikings prime time football

BLAH

You would be if you had AD on your fantasy team. GG is excited.
Could be worse, we could be watching HOF Trent Richardson get Donald Brown water.
I kid I kid.

I doubt if Peterson alone would be enough for me to watch

Did you read any of the comments? Who knew that everyone who posted on SI's site was a psychiatrist.
I read a couple after seeing your post. Generally if I do read comments below any article it's just to get a good laugh. Seems like it's always a bunch of clowns writing crazy stuff.
Mike and Mike were talking about that article this morning. It is going to be interesting to see how this story plays out over the few days and weeks.
Yeah I got it off there's and Schefter's twitter, missed it on the radio.

How bad does Fraudman suck? Cant beat out a winless Ponder, who despite that terrible pick and the booing in the stands, was given the starting nod regardless of health until he loses it. Which ironically enough could be tonight.

How bad does Fraudman suck? Cant beat out a winless Ponder, who despite that terrible pick and the booing in the stands, was given the starting nod regardless of health until he loses it. Which ironically enough could be tonight.
Fraudman wont last long up there,

Are people actually watching the NFL game?

Wow, that passed interference call on a ball that was thrown no where near catchable. RGIII must have nude pics of the ref.

Are people actually watching the NFL game?

Yeah, its the NFL in me... I will always be watching a game as long as one is on :banghead:

Wow, that passed interference call on a ball that was thrown no where near catchable. RGIII must have nude pics of the ref.

Made up for with a totally bogus roughing the passer call.

AP is a beast. That is all.

Taps away

The only thing that would make that TD better by AD, is if the camera panned over to the bench and showed Fraudman sitting there looking like a fool.

At this point in the year I want the Vikes to lose the rest of their games.

Oh yeah and go Jordan Reed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back