Las Vegas or Scottsdale - 2014 THP Bridgestone Championship

Dont forget that for anybody looking at THP events, and these two areas, there is one more day on the Chase Southwest card deal. 50,000 points. It ends tomorrow. That is enough for close to 3 free flights.

Dont forget that for anybody looking at THP events, and these two areas, there is one more day on the Chase Southwest card deal. 50,000 points. It ends tomorrow. That is enough for close to 3 free flights.

I may need to move on this. Love that they fly out of MSP now.

I may need to move on this. Love that they fly out of MSP now.

We are talking about it in the Hotel Rewards thread. Some easy ways to meet the minimum spend too.

I would be on that in a heartbeat if I wasn't afraid to fly with southwest. :/ Thanks for looking out on that, though!

It will still be hot (100-105) but not 115-120 like July/August. Humidity is not a factor.

LOL
The dry heat argument.
Vegas is also a dry heat and 10 degrees cooler. The weather this year was perfect.
Vegas ftw

Honestly either place would great to me as in the end - a group of THPers will make either location incredible. But if I had to choose, I would go with Scottsdale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having visited Scottsdale, previously, there are a lot of options outside of golf (obviously, they have a lot of great golf). I also like that it is a bit more low-key than Vegas. Add another vote for Scottsdale.

I've done both in the last year and to me it's a wash. Phoenix didn't do much for me to visit, but the golf there was pretty awesome. Vegas is so cool to visit even if you don't gamble. If I was going to make a longer vacation out if it, then definitely Vegas, otherwise it would come down to venue. Things like proximity to airport, quality of course, etc. really can't go wrong either way.

I am hoping Vegas. Can bring the girlfriend and make it a mini vacation

U can count on quality of course at both locations to be top notch

Either one since they both are driving distance. Both have a good selections of course.

Comments about convincing the wife/girlfriend really puzzle me.

Unless the significant other is really into gambling or over the top neon, Scottsdale should be just as attractive, if not more so, than Vegas. My wife works for a design firm specializing in spas, restaurants, and high-end retail...there's a reason they're based in Scottsdale.

For those of you with flight issues, you may want to look into flying to Mesa via Allegiant - their customer service absolutely sucks, but their prices are normally rock bottom (you'll want to prepay your baggage fee, or they get your with an inflated price at the gate). I think I saw posts from Wichita & Peoria that this would apply to. Plus, your pilot might be 1 of my 2 good friends :act-up:

http://www.phxmesagateway.org/AirlinesAndDestinations.aspx

Personally, I'd probably not sign up for a Scottsdale event as a local, preferring to let someone else get a slot...but still trying to meet up socially outside of the established itinerary. Vegas I'd try to get in on.

All that said, the primary reason I'd advocate for Scottsdale would be to stay away from establishing Vegas as an annual expectation, but still keeping it as the primary, West destination when looking at future years. Kind of like the Super Bowl rotation: 2013 Vegas - 2014 Scottsdale - 2015 Bandon/OR - 2016 Vegas - 2017 Denver - 2018 SoCal - 2019 Vegas, etc. Maybe that's a little too far-sighted, and it omits the possibility of a string of successive events/weekends, but I see that as something to consider for the long-term.

I've been to Vegas, but never to Scottsdale...so my vote is for Scottsdale :blob:

Scottsdale is a much cheaper flight for me but there's no guarantee I can make it so I guess my vote doesn't really count, lol

Scottsdale's getting some great props, but give my vote to Vegas. I didn't have opportunity to get to other Vegas activities, like playing more rounds, texas hold'em tourneys, etc. Paiute Resort would be back in shape. If Scottsdale, no problemo.

Putting a Poll up might help define what the "people" want

Putting a Poll up might help define what the "people" want

But its not about a number to us.
Its about the reasoning.
We know that most that vote wont be attending because of many reasons, so our goal is to get opinions on the areas, more than just a number of who votes for what.

I was unable to attend this year because of health issues with my wife. I have never been to either LV or Scottsdale but my choice would be Scottsdale because of the golfing reputation. I am sure I would enjoy that experience more than Las Vegas.

But its not about a number to us.
Its about the reasoning.
We know that most that vote wont be attending because of many reasons, so our goal is to get opinions on the areas, more than just a number of who votes for what.

ok but to be fair, I did say it might "help" I was not saying the poll was the end all be all

Scottsdale is a much cheaper flight for me but there's no guarantee I can make it so I guess my vote doesn't really count, lol

Still interested in what u would pick...trying to get a good feel for the thoughts of the members

I agree DD about it for a golfing destination, I've been to Vegas golfing a few times and each time I leave disappointed because the golf is super expensive and I personally don't think the courses are worth the money with a couple exceptions. TPC and Paiute being the exceptions.

I think Las Vegas should be the host for the Bridgestone Championship. I just became a part of THP during the 2013 championship and followed along through all the post. IMO it was a special venue, well hosted, that provide the glitz and glamour Of Vegas.

I would definitely try to be a part of that event.

I will do my best to be there either way, it's a huge THP event and that's reason enough, so I will defer to our fearless leaders and trust they will pick the best spot for the event.

Thanks for everyone's input it's much appreciated still hoping more out there have feedback for us

Back