The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW Wake, I will definitely be seeing you at the Iron Bowl, yes?

Absolutely, it will be my wife's first trip to Auburn, quite an immersion.

They did call it as the Play Stands meaning they didn't have the visual evidence to overturn the TD call on the field. Given the camera angles (or lack thereof), I think the play was standing either way it had been originally called.

I think he was down. But given it was called a TD on the field, I agreed there wasn't sufficient evidence to overturn it. I'm a bit perplexed about why there wasn't a reverse camera angle when I believe CBS said they had 22 cameras there, but I'm certainly not going to claim CBS conspiracy.

As to the no-call on intentional grounding however…..

How about hosed on the most important call of the year? No way Murray got into the end zone on that 4th and goal. Absolutely no way.

That was one that was iffy but not enough evidence to overturn, I really thought he was short too, but as WE said anyone thinking Penn Wagers was calling it only for one team was really looking at it through whatever colored glasses their team provides. He is the epitome of a horrible referee, too many non calls and crazy calls. The unsportsman like penalty against CMR was really bad. Richt told him about his call "that's crap" much worse is shouted by other coaches but as Richt turned away to walk back to the sideline PW turned back around to follow Richt and called the penality a good 8 - 10 seconds after the exchange. His job as a referee is to diffuse those situations not turn around and persue a coach so he can get the satisfaction of throwing a flag.

I cannot think of a single fan base out side of USCe that remotely likes him. He has openly stated his favoring both SC schools.

That was one that was iffy but not enough evidence to overturn, I really thought he was short too, but as WE said anyone thinking Penn Wagers was calling it only for one team was really looking at it through whatever colored glasses their team provides. He is the epitome of a horrible referee, too many non calls and crazy calls. The unsportsman like penalty against CMR was really bad. Richt told him about his call "that's crap" much worse is shouted by other coaches but as Richt turned away to walk back to the sideline PW turned back around to follow Richt and called the penality a good 8 - 10 seconds after the exchange. His job as a referee is to diffuse those situations not turn around and persue a coach so he can get the satisfaction of throwing a flag.

I cannot think of a single fan base out side of USCe that remotely likes him. He has openly stated his favoring both SC schools.
It just always seems that Wagers makes the game about him. The flag he threw on Richt was absurd, and was nothing more than a power move to show Coach Richt that he was in charge.

It just always seems that Wagers makes the game about him. The flag he threw on Richt was absurd, and was nothing more than a power move to show Coach Richt that he was in charge.

I thought they said once he bumped the other ref, the flag came out? I do love seeing Angry Mark Richt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, but the original call was wrong. I'd love to hear the conversations they have with the replay booth.

I suspect the booth review went something like this:

"Can you see his knee down?"

"Nope."

"Me either. Play stands."

If the ruling was that Murray was down, that would have stood as well. It's one of those 50/50 plays where the video just doesn't show what needs to be shown for a reversal.

Much like one UGA DB inexplicably knocking a sure INT from another UGA DB and right into the arms of an Auburn receiver, there's just not much that you can do about it.

I suspect the booth review went something like this:

"Can you see his knee down?"

"Nope."

"Me either. Play stands."

If the ruling was that Murray was down, that would have stood as well. It's one of those 50/50 plays where the video just doesn't show what needs to be shown for a reversal.

Much like one UGA DB inexplicably knocking a sure INT from another UGA DB and right into the arms of an Auburn receiver, there's just not much that you can do about it.

Im glad the play with Murray wasnt overturned, honestly. I wanted no part of getting the ball on the 6" line. Plus, a 73 yard miracle TD catch was more fun to watch.

So was this; https://vine.co/v/ht6I9Y7panE

Im glad the play with Murray wasnt overturned, honestly. I wanted no part of getting the ball on the 6" line. Plus, a 73 yard miracle TD catch was more fun to watch.

That is easy to say now that we have won, i would have felt differently had we lost.

That is easy to say now that we have won, i would have felt differently had we lost.
But, Wake, we did not lose.

Just how Gus drew it up. 4th and 18, 73 yard tipped interception football dropped from the heavens right in to Ricardos hands.

But, Wake, we did not lose.

Just how Gus drew it up. 4th and 18, 73 yard tipped interception football dropped from the heavens right in to Ricardos hands.

You played football on Saturday?

War damn

So glad he's graduating.

That one was my favorite, but this was a close second:

georgia-coaches-react-to-auburn-hail-mary.gif

Alabama seems to have a unique way of getting people to qualify.

This kid's supposedly is going to study engineering and chooses Bama for engineering? No chance.

This kid's supposedly is going to study engineering and chooses Bama for engineering? No chance.
Alabama is an excellent engineering school.......... :bulgy-eyes:

I love that Ohio State fans are having to talk about Baylor creeping up on them. F'ing Baylor. LOL. We do play in a crappy conference but yet this crappy conference's top team is one loss away from one of the top dogs in playing in the NC game this year. Oh my....if that happens, let the car and couch burning commence in the great US of A!

I love that Ohio State fans are having to talk about Baylor creeping up on them. F'ing Baylor. LOL. We do play in a crappy conference but yet this crappy conference's top team is one loss away from one of the top dogs in playing in the NC game this year. Oh my....if that happens, let the car and couch burning commence in the great US of A!
Why would the West Virginia fans be upset?

Bama does have an excellent engineering school thanks.
Just saying, if I was looking for a top engineering school to go to, the University of Alabama would not be my first choice. Im sure this was just another business decision for Mr. Hand and family, though.

Bama does have an excellent engineering school thanks.

I'm sure it does. So does Clemson. Neither holds a candle to Michigan, though.

Michigan is pretty much an Ivy League school. That's what makes Hand's comment pretty interesting.

Michigan is pretty much an Ivy League school. That's what makes Hand's comment pretty interesting.
Engineering program at Michigan is ranked #9
Engineering program at Alabama is ranked #112

Yep. Michigan is top 5 in the country in Engineering. Visited the school with my son last Feb. Impressive program.

Engineering program at Michigan is ranked #9
Engineering program at Alabama is ranked #112

Close enough.

Seriously, though, I vividly remember entry requirements at UM Law (and it's been a while). You could pretty much get into Harvard and Yale on the same numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back