Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairway wood off the deck from 238 into a par 5 to get on in two.

I'm still shocked.

60 yard pitching wedge on a par 5 that landed just on the fringe, a couple bounces and hit the stick. Stopped a foot from the hole. Easy birdie that was almost an eagle.

60 yard pitching wedge on a par 5 that landed just on the fringe, a couple bounces and hit the stick. Stopped a foot from the hole. Easy birdie that was almost an eagle.

Nice bird and soo close to the eagle. Gotta love that wedge!

Managed to chip out of a greenside out of bounds hazard (ball rolled off the green and in to 2 inches of water!) to within 2-3 metres of the pin.

Didn't make the putt though. In fact, I think i 3 putted !!!!

Knockdown 9iron from 125 yards.

7yhyra5y.jpg

wow ! look at the wind !

Managed to chip out of a greenside out of bounds hazard (ball rolled off the green and in to 2 inches of water!) to within 2-3 metres of the pin.

Didn't make the putt though. In fact, I think i 3 putted !!!!
Out of bounds hazard?

Out of bounds hazard?

haha sorry for my terrible golf terminology .. just read that as "ball rolled off the green and into 2 inches of water" !

IMAG0637_zpse0dcea47.jpg

Hit this tee shot on a par 3. 140metres to a back pin, into a good breeze into and from the left. Played a knock down 9iron with a draw to hold up in the breeze. Pitched less than a foot from the hole and ended up about 6feet. Nailed the birdie putt too, BONUS!

I had two really good shots during my round today... a 156 yard drive on a Par 3 that stopped 6 feet short of the hole, and this one:

My 2nd shot to the 470 yard Par 5 and my first Eagle on this hole at my home course. BTW, I actually hit a driver off the deck to get there.

1463617_10151837725148401_1685741166_n.jpg

Driver off the deck!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!

On Sunday, hole 15, 370 yard par 4 that has what appears to be an uphill tee shot, but if you hit it 260+, it's actually downhill feeding to a creek and a pond on the right side about 300 yards out. I hit a great drive, a beautiful draw that started down the right side and came back into the middle that I expected to be about 110 yards out. You can't see the downhill landing area from the tee at all. We walked up and there were 2 balls visible, but neither was mine. Mightyquinn pointed about 40 yards towards the creek and there was my ball, a mere 2 yards from going in the creek sitting on the nicest patch of grass with a great lie. I was 65 yards from the flag. Best drive I've hit on that hole by about 30 yards.

Only played nine today but finished well. My last two drives were 320+ and in the fairway. Bogied 8 after chunking my 50 yard LW approach. Nine was a different story, hit my 52* from 120 to two inches for a tap in bird.

haha sorry for my terrible golf terminology .. just read that as "ball rolled off the green and into 2 inches of water" !

If not in a marked hazard then the water is casual and you are entitled to relief.

Hit a couple of good ones today. First was a 5 wood off the tee to a small landing with trouble on both sides. I hit it perfectly straight right where I was headed and it left a perfect 5 wood distance for my second shot. Hit that one on the green and barely missed the eagle.

Next shot was on a par 3 with water all around. Usually causes me fits. I hit a nine to the middle of the green and made the two putt for par.

Got out and played today....was 15 yards left of the green and the pin was tucked behind a bunker I had to cross.

Opened up a 58* hit a nice high flop that landed exactly where I wanted it to and it trickled down the slope and disappeared into the cup for a birdie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK so this was not my best shot but yesterday while playing with a buddy and an 84yr old gentleman we paired up with who we had to tell him where his ball was after each shot and sometimes where the pin was located on the green, he(84) was around 150 out in the middle of the fairway and hit is shot at the flag. My friend did not see him hit it and ask where did it go? I said at the green bouncing in front of the flag and rolling into the hole for an eagle! But wait, that's not the best part, as soon as it went in the hole we both turned to him and look at him to congratulate him and he was bent over tying his shoe. He never saw it...lol

Drained a 30ft putt that had 8ft of right to left break for par after my drive was in the wrong fairway off of the tee and having to lay up short of the water guarding the green. On the same hole, mightyquinn backed a putt up into the hole. Tough pin placement, that's for sure.

Was in a fun tourney yesterday, frozen out so made life interesting to say the least. Was playing a really solid round when came to a par 3 that was 238 yards, green was in the sun so not the frozen hard pan like some of the others were. Had two foursomes other than our group backed up. I'm up and can't find a spot to put my tee in the ground being frozen out. Everyone is razzing me so I turn to them and say fine here;

Drop the ball on the ground and swing away, ball rising heading straight for the green lands and stops 6 feet from the pin. Best part for me was a buddy of mine likes to be the long hitter in the group and had just hit a driver pin high. Someone in the other group asks what I hit and I turn and say my 5 wood. So a win on the shot and giving my buddy a subtle hard time.

Was also my PB round of 81, with 6 three putts. No not as hard a course as my home (where my handicap is calculated from)

Several good shots for this weekends game..

3rd hole playing 300. 4H off the tee left me with 102 to a up hill pin, nice swing on a 54* that started straight at the flag and stopped 3' short of the cup. Made the birdie putt.

6th hole, par 3 playing 150 to a 2.5' high raised green. Pulled 9i but just missed the green right leaving a tricky chip. Pulled a 60* that took one bounce hit the stick and dropped for birdie #2.

7th hole, par 5. I miss my approach short right leaving another tricky 25yard pitch up hill (~6ft). 60* again and hit the pin on the fly about 1.5' up and the ball stop on the lip for a kick in birdie #3.

16th hole, par 3 playing 155 to a very elevated two tier green. Pulled 8i and went straight at it, pulled up 4' pin high and drained it for birdie #4.

18th hole, par 5 playing up hill and into the wind. 2nt shot left me ~75 yards to a front stick, 54* to 3ft for birdie #5 :D

Struggled on a short 360 yard par 4 today and was sitting 3, 2 feet off of the green with the pin another 6 feet on to the green. The ball was on the uphill slope and the line on the green was slightly uphill with a little left to right break. I set up to hit a low running shot, stepped up, and knocked it in for par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really wasn't a good shot but uh, maybe noteworthy. Number 9, our finishing hole today since we started on the back due to frozen greens on the front, is a short par 3 with a lake and bunkers in front of the green. The lake is lined with a rock wall which is about six inches thick. My tee shot was so fat, I was yelling for it to go because I was certain it would plop in the lake. You probably guessed by now, it came down on the rock wall, bounced over the bunker, rolled to the back of the green and trickled back toward the hole. It stopped three feet short of the hole.

The group gathered at the green gave me an ovation.

The putt needed to fall for a 36 on that side but it broke across the hole (poetic justice?) and I finished at plus 1 on the side.

I did have some truly good shots as well but nothing so spectacular as this one.

It was on the sim but teed off with a 5 wood and carried it about 248 rolled out to 253 right down the middle with a baby draw. Absolutely smoked it.

18th hole, par 4, pulled the drive into #9 fairway and had 70 yards to the pin. Put it to a foot. Sweet.

I stuck my approach wedge to about 5 feet on the par 5 #8 that allowed me to save par off a lost (leaf) ball.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Par 3 playing about 145 to the middle, pin in the back hit 7 iron to about 6 feet made the putt for a bird. Pretty sweet but I guess that was 2 shots haha oh well

This is my shot of the day, from 70 yards on hole 18 and also my tee shot on the hole right before it, from 140 yards. I got birdie on 18 but choked on my birdie try on 17.

uze2e8a6.jpg
e3emyhe2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back