Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost never hit a draw, but the past few days they have appeared in my game, something must be going right.

Anyway, playing a new course this morning, after a par on the 9th to finish a half decent outward nine, the 10th hole is a slight left dogleg with trees on the apex. Bombed a perfect draw about 250 around the corner to a perfect position on the fairway.

Happy to say my 9i approach made the green and I ended up with a par, best shot and hole for me today!

Played my first round in months today with a friend who's also a very low capper. First 9 I was 3 over, second 9 we played match play. Halved first hole with birdies and we were both playing well. Got to a par 4, 310yards to the pin in the middle of the green, water left and front of the green, deep bunker right and long grass everywhere. I was 1 down and took 3w, played a massive draw, landed front of the green and released to the back right of the green. My friend pitched to tap in distance so I needed eagle to win the hole. 30feet, downhill, big break left to right, NAILED IT! My game is coming back!

Nice eagle! I too drove a par 4 today, 294 yards, to 6' but couldn't convert the eagle and settled for birdie. By far my shot of the day.

I had two really good shots during my round today... a 156 yard drive on a Par 3 that stopped 6 feet short of the hole, and this one:

My 2nd shot to the 470 yard Par 5 and my first Eagle on this hole at my home course. BTW, I actually hit a driver off the deck to get there.

1463617_10151837725148401_1685741166_n.jpg

I had two really good shots during my round today... a 156 yard drive on a Par 3 that stopped 6 feet short of the hole, and this one:

My 2nd shot to the 470 yard Par 5 and my first Eagle on this hole at my home course. BTW, I actually hit a driver off the deck to get there.

1463617_10151837725148401_1685741166_n.jpg

Nice shot man. Can't complain about those Birdies, but an ace would be awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Shot of my round yesterday, 141yd Par 3 tee shot ended up here for birdie.

uhu4yver.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on a 360 yard par 4 with tall native grass on the right. I can have a lot of left to right action on my ball when I hit driver. I pulled out my 5 iron and flushed one right down the middle of the fairway. When I got up to the ball I was 141 out, I have never hit my 5 iron over 200 yards. I pulled out my 9 iron and knocked to six feet from the hole. Then I proceeded to three putt for a bogey. This game can be so cruel.

I was on a 360 yard par 4 with tall native grass on the right. I can have a lot of left to right action on my ball when I hit driver. I pulled out my 5 iron and flushed one right down the middle of the fairway. When I got up to the ball I was 141 out, I have never hit my 5 iron over 200 yards. I pulled out my 9 iron and knocked to six feet from the hole. Then I proceeded to three putt for a bogey. This game can be so cruel.

Wow... 219 yds with a 5 iron. Only in my dreams. And you are right.... it can be a cruel, cruel game.

Wow... 219 yds with a 5 iron. Only in my dreams. And you are right.... it can be a cruel, cruel game.

I got a pretty nice kick onto a downhill slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, guys I'm pumped! My first eagle. A par four dog leg left to uphill green. I drove into the fairway bunker on the left. I had a great lie in the middle of the bunker. I ranged the flag at 119. I took my MP53 pw and picked it clean. We could only see the top half of the flag but the shot looked pure. My partner asked if I had heard the clang of the flag, but I didn't. I figured he was messing with me but sure enough the yellow Q star was at the bottom of the cup. Ended up 3 over on the front. Im still trying to forget the 14 over on back. :-(

swing your swing

200yard par 3 at my home course today. I hit 6iron because there was a helping wind blowing right to left. I started the ball 10 yards left of the hole and hit the gentlest of cuts. The ball ended up 12feet from the cup. Easily the best shot of my round. Sank the downhill left to right putt which was just a bonus.

Last edited:
103 yard 52* wedge shot on number 3 at Chili CC. Lipped out for a par.
a6e5asug.jpg

nothing spectacular yesterday when I played. I did recover nicely from a fatted shot in the fairway where I left myself short of the green and a missed GIR. pulled off a mini flop shot from about 30 feet off the green. had to make it land on a small knoll and then let the ball trickle down a sloped green to the hole. pulled it off almost as planned. left the ball about 6 feet from the cup but made the up and down for par.

Yesterday featured some good drives but my wedges were the absolute highlight. My partner (& day's opponent) had put his second shot to about ten feet and I had to play out of a fairway bunker with my second. For a chance to stay in the hole I wanted to put some pressure on him with my third shot. From 95 yards out I spun my 52* to about three feet. He missed the putt and I made mine to tie the hole. The best part was saying, "nice shot, but this one is about to be even better".

All of a sudden I can't get off the tee AT ALL. One short par 4 yesterday, I pulled fairway wood and blasted it down the right tree line. It drew back to the center of the fairway and just as long as my group's tee shots with their drivers.
That would've been the shot of my round had I not hit my next one. My perfect tee shot left me 130 yards (center) to an uphill green. My playing partner walked up the hill and said "they're gone, pin is back left." Back left is music to my ballflight's ears. I pulled 9 iron aimed at the middle right side of the green and flushed it. One of those shots that the ball explodes off the club face with no vibration right on the line you picked. I actually walked out of this swing and watched it draw towards the pin. I couldn't see the green, let alone the pin, but just knew it was all over it. It dropped and stopped two feet from the hole and I dropped the birdie putt.
In a round where I continued to really struggle, holes like this show a glimpse of my potential.

Don't know what it says when the best shot of my round was on the first hole, but that's what it was...par 5 and I had 85 yards to the pin for my 3rd shot...pin tucked just a few paces over a bunker on the right side...I took dead aim and gave it my 9 o'clock swing with my Altitude D wedge....ball came out nice and high, landed just over the bunker took one hop and stopped dead 4 feet from the cup straight up the hill....drained the putt to start the round with a birdie!

Knockdown 9iron from 125 yards.

7yhyra5y.jpg

Jeebus. Look at that wind!

Pin was unseated like that on most of the holes, so it looks a little worse than it should, but yeah it was wacky. Price we pay for warm temps this time of year.

Yesterday: 209 to the middle of the green with bunkers front and dead into a 20 MPH wind. Hit the strong 3w (13*) off the deck for the first time to about 25 feet. Doubt I could have caught it any cleaner.

Ball stoped in a divot. 190 to an uphill green with terrible lie. 22 degree baffler to 15ft short of cup... beautiful shot.

Best shot from my round yesterday was a two-putt from about 100 feet. The pin on a par 3 was all the way in the back of a very large green, and the wind caused my shot to balloon and land on the very front edge. (Still counts as a GIR!)

The green has three levels, and the total rise had to be about eight feet. Multiple mounds/slopes along the way. When I first looked at the putt, I thought a three-putt would be a pretty decent result. I was able to get the first putt within six feet (which I actually thought was really good). I then made the six-foot slider to save par. It felt like a birdie.

8 inch cup tournament scramble this past weekend. Even with the larger cups, putting was difficult due to insane pin locations, some on slopes where the ball would not stop until it had rolled 12 feet back down the hill.

Easily the best shot of my round was the putt I drained for eagle. I did not provide any of the shots that got us onto the green, but this beast of a putt broke left, then hard right, went up a ridge and back down with the cup sitting partially down the other side. One teammate hit the first putt which went by the cup and traveled a good 15 feet past due to the slope. I went second and left the ball slowly rolling after the ridge peak and it turned nicely at the center of the cup. Sheer luck but it felt great.

Have had a few that brought a smile to my face the last couple weeks. Here are a couple that, when I made contact, said to myself this is it:

A par 5 at ending a great round on 18. Stroked a drive that left me 145 to the pin and approached it to 30 some feet. Was playing with a father/son pair and the son also put it on in two. Both of us had eagle putts and he drilled his home, leaving me missing mine on the high side and carding a birdie. Leaving the awesome round with an Eagle and a Birdie was a great ending.
htc_holes_18.jpg

Today I was having another good day and approached a 153yd Par 3 with an 8I. Aligned for a little draw and actually hit it...stuck it tight and rolled down a birdie!
CAM00010.jpg

CAM00011.jpg

You really can't see it, but that short putt had a good 1/2 foot break in it and dropped it hot for the bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back