2014 THP Events - Announcement Thread

No no no...THP will be here when you get finished buddy.

I know I kid I kid....just really really exciting stuff around here!

I can honestly say that tomorrow is going to be one heck of a fun day on THP.
You guys are in for a number of treats.

And I have court in the morning so I won't be able to catch up with the newa until lunchtime. :(

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

And I have court in the morning so I won't be able to catch up with the news until lunchtime. :(

Bomb just landed, and it's a biiiiiiig one!

Honestly reading this post, the thought of calling in sick tomorrow has crossed my mind just so I can sit home on the laptop all day lol
Tell me about it. I'm flying out of town tomorrow and will be dealing with airports / travel instead of being on THP.

Well, it's a great thing I have the entire day off! I would say I can't wait, but we don't really have to, it's tomorrow! THP dropping bombs on a daily basis.

Why wait for tomorrow!? Today just got fun!

Does JB have fun here or what!?
I love it!

JB, Morgan, THP staff, thank you!
From all of us!

My new job taking up all my time.... I miss everything until about 1 am everyday. Wish I could participate more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

As Beaver Cleaver would say.... this just keeps getting more funner and more funner.

Did a bit of logical thinking just now. Highly doubting the fifth team idea. If it still remains 36 holes on Saturday, there's not a lot of daylight to work with, even with an 8am tee time to start it off. It was starting to get dark as the last alt shot group was playing 18. Add 8 more people gives you 40 players and 10 foursomes. That really puts it tough to finish on Saturday. 20 singles matches on Sunday also would be a long day, with people also having to possibly catch flights or leave town after that round.

It would be awesome but I just don't see the feasibility in it. Then again, I could be completely wrong!

Easy fix Ward. Play Faster.
I can assure everybody this year, we will have someone working the clock. You will be placed on the clock if you fall behind and then your next time being told you will forfeit the hole you are on and move to the next one.

I love treats!

I can assure everybody this year, we will have someone working the clock. You will be placed on the clock if you fall behind and then your next time being told you will forfeit the hole you are on and move to the next one.

BOOM....

I honestly like this. KEEP THE PACE! Very nice.

Fwiw- everyday on Thp is a fun day.

Yep. I don't think it's beyond expectations for 10 foursomes to get in 36 holes a day, even in tournament golf. It's after all during the time when daylight is it's longest. I truly hope to be able to volunteer to help for the MC. A few " tournament marshals" could be helpful.

Or play in it cpl.

I've only spent a couple if days with you Cookie, but even I know you will drink to anything. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I am, I really am. At a work dinner and celebrating!

degy5enu.jpg

Guess a certain someone who played in The gauntlet should consider themselves warned?

Goes well with the pill bottle.

I like the clock work then JB. Not worried about it anymore if there's a plan for it. 5 teams!!!

From a guy who teed off last in both rounds last year, this is a welcome addition.

For those people that are on the fence about attending an event, I will ask this question to the members of THP. How many of us remember our first THP event? How many of us had THP transform from an online community to a family when they attended an event? It's easy to write it and type it and say it, that THP is about so much more than an online message board but you have to experience it for yourself. Even if it isnt an official THP event. Me and the guys from NJ, PA, DE, DC, try to play once a month at least. Just get out there and reach out to THP'ers in the area and play some golf. You will not regret it. I now have friends that I know I will have forever just by taking the leap and attending my first THP event.
My first event wasn't an official THP event, but a gathering. I had been on the forum for at most, two months, and decided to go to Sarasota to play Waterlefe with a group of about 12. No one knew me from Adam and I was welcomed like a brother. I got to share a round with Trout and Tadashi, probably the two best golfers I've played with personally. I had just gotten back into golf, and I didn't even take it seriously when I played before. Did they care? Nope, not one bit. This forum brings together some of the best people I've ever met, and they tell me stories about great people I haven't had the chance to meet yet. I've played golf with guys from all over Florida and as far away as California, from New York to Utah, Georgia to Ohio and all sorts of places in between.

Don't sit on the fence. Go to an event. It will be the time of your life, you will make lasting friendships and it gets better every time.

Back