Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
For you iFan users you are right. However for us Android users, we can download programs that let us turn into a HotSpot and run off our regular data.

Or if you are on T-Mobile, you just do it without any downloaded programs. I did that a lot in the last days of Time Warner.

Of course, with T-Mobile, as any carrier, it needs to work where you use it most or it doesn't do you any good. Luckily, most places I go, my carrier has good signal.

I have 2.5 gigs of 4G data, and if I need more, it costs $10 for each 2.5 gigs after. I've yet to come anywhere close to using it up, even with the wonderful Time Warner internet service.

I have 2.5 gigs of 4G data, and if I need more, it costs $10 for each 2.5 gigs after. I've yet to come anywhere close to using it up, even with the wonderful Time Warner internet service.

Yeah, we blow through 2.5 gigs in the first couple of days of traveling.

You probably wouldn't if you had T-Mobile. You only use it when you have service :D

That's crazy. I'm glad I am on wifi data most of the time. Even then, I don't go through that much on my phone!

i saw a few LG i liked an a few sharp that looked good. but i did look at quite a few black friday deals and nothing really jumped out at me so i'll prob just find something i like and has good reviews. is LG higher end now? i never owned any thing LG before that i know of.

I just got a vizio led 47 inch and I love it. I think the the 55 in inch version of mine is around 700 the picture is fabulous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll prolly get flak for this one, but I'm seriously considering going back to Blackberry. I had the Bold before my iPhone and I stopped in Verizon today to check out the new Q10 and I freaking love the white one. I miss buttons a lot. Plus 4g just came to where I live so speed really isn't an issue. The only things holding me back right now are I'm still grand fathered into the Unlimited Data and I know I'll miss the apps like Words with Friends and all the game type apps. I can just forum from the web because of the speed and I do have my iPad so I can still play the games. Decisions Decisions.

Flak? Why? Blackberry is fine especially since you can run many apps that you enjoy from Android.

Flak? Why? Blackberry is fine especially since you can run many apps that you enjoy from Android.

I always caught it when I had my bold. Everyone looks at Blackberry as the "dumb" smart phone. At least around me they do. I absolutely love the white Q10. And the more research I'm doing the more I'm finding that they have really increased a lot of how many apps you can use as you stated. If it wasn't for not wanting to give up the unlimited data I would have switched already.

In my mind, RIM have always been about business (only) . The layman offerings have never really sparked my fancy, but the business segment can't be beat for what they do.

I always caught it when I had my bold. Everyone looks at Blackberry as the "dumb" smart phone. At least around me they do.

Going to get a new phone shortly, its either the Mega or the S4.

Serious ponder for a soundbar for my LED

"If You Tap It, They Will Read It"

Back up and running, I kind of enjoyed figuring out what was wrong with the laptop and fixing it, but frustrating at the same time. May be time to start looking for a new one.

What was causing your wifi not to work?

It's an issue that happens to this model, yet they never sent a patch. I read about it yesterday and dl'ed the fix, but must not have taken. Did it again this morning and all's good.

I went in a totally different direction phone wise and gotthe Note 2, I think it will fit my basic needs and I'll have a ton of technology at my fingertips. The deal was good and I like the growth opportunity in it. Should be fun and I get rid of he iphone, hooray!

I went in a totally different direction phone wise and gotthe Note 2, I think it will fit my basic needs and I'll have a ton of technology at my fingertips. The deal was good and I like the growth opportunity in it. Should be fun and I get rid of he iphone, hooray!

Love my Note 3

I have been thinking of going this route too

My living room set up just doesn't lend itself for a full surround sound set up. I've owned a soundbar before & keep going back to a Sony. I own a Sony LED, so it makes sense.

Take a look at crutchfield.com, that's where I've shopped before and their customer service is great.

"If You Tap It, They Will Read It"

Anyone interested in, or know someone that is interested in, a Bose Acoustimass 10 and/or a Pioneer VSX-1018AH Receiver?

Check Monoprice for speakers and sound bars

I have been thinking of going this route too

Im not sure anyone has a problem hearing dialogue in the current movies because of the way they are mixed now adays, but we bought a Zvox unit and it maks an enormous difference in the way movies sound. It has a great sub in it but it focuses on the dialogue and really pulls it forward so you can hear the words without having the tv on 40.

Now that I have rid myself of that craptastic iPad I was using, its time for a new Tablet. Since we already have the Note 8.0, I am debating on getting the Nexus 7. Love the features. Love the price point and its blazing fast.

Im just not sure on the size. I have wanted 8" the whole time. Just love that size and form factor. Not sure the 7" will be large enough, especially considering the size of my cell phone.

I still dont get the ipad bashing? For those that have a laptop and don't need the ability to work on spreadsheets and word documents and such why is it such a bad device? I enjoy the itunes interface and the look of the IOS. It does everything I need to do and does it well..

I still dont get the ipad bashing? For those that have a laptop and don't need the ability to work on spreadsheets and word documents and such why is it such a bad device? I enjoy the itunes interface and the look of the IOS. It does everything I need to do and does it well..

Its a fine device. Works very well for those that like the OS.
As I had said previously, for what its good for, its great. After using a few others, there is nothing that the iPad did for us that the Android does not, but there is quite a lot that the Android does for us that the iPad did not. Others mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back