Xbox One and PS4 Systems

good to hear... i was skeptical about the voice commands as well i've seen some videos where they had to repeat stuff quite a bit but i know some of the time they weren't using the proper commands and other times it just wasn't getting it. but i've been surprised with my voice commands on PS4 so i'm hoping the Xbox one is just as good or better since they pushed that so much.

Yeah, as long as you realize you are talking to a machine and use deliberate language it works perfect. If you try to talk real fast it won't pick up the command. So if you say Xbox (pause half a second) watch TV it switches perfectly. If you just say it all at once it won't do the command.

Yeah, as long as you realize you are talking to a machine and use deliberate language it works perfect. If you try to talk real fast it won't pick up the command. So if you say Xbox (pause half a second) watch TV it switches perfectly. If you just say it all at once it won't do the command.

yeah plus all the commands come up in green on xbox blue on ps4 which is great and helpful i saw a complete list of commands for xbox on ign i should see if i can find a list for ps4 but they are all pretty obvious i hope it becomes better like not having to say the entire game name and stuff like that i'm sure it will get better over the next 10 years.

So I got my Xbox One today around noon and have been pretty much playing it ever since. Set up was a breeze and had absolutely zero problems with the network. So far I find myself loving Kinect voice commands, using them to switch between video games, television, to internet explorer, and then back to a video game or television is seamless and fast. I was very skeptical watching the videos of it in action, but my experiences have been 100% positive. As long as you use the right command, it works flawlessly. I've caught myself repeating myself numerous times due to using the wrong command, however once I use the right command it works like a charm.

Games I picked up are Forza 5, Killer Instinct (free) and Battlefield 4. About 20% into installing the games I was able to start playing the game while the rest of the game installed. I did notice when I tried to access features that had yet to be installed, it would grey out that feature and let you know you could continue with other portions of the game while the rest installed.

Battlefield 4 with 64 players is a freaking blast. I love every minute of it. And if you are into cars at all, Forza 5 is an absolute must have in my opinion. It's such an amazing racing game.

Those are my first impressions so far, hope that everybody is enjoying their systems!

My gamertag on Xbox Live is: Yu Tai Mai Shu so feel free to hit me up if you want to play some games.

Also wanted to mention that walking into my living room and saying Xbox On and having my satellite box, television, and Xbox One all turn on at once is freakin awesome!

I agree. No issues with voice commands at all. Only problem so far is battlefield 4 kicks me off alot back to home screen. I'm sure it's alot to do with servers for the game. Liking it so far though

I agree. No issues with voice commands at all. Only problem so far is battlefield 4 kicks me off alot back to home screen. I'm sure it's alot to do with servers for the game. Liking it so far though

Yeah my Battlefield started doing that to me last night. The console doesn't freeze up or anything, so I'm assuming it's related to the Battlefield servers.

Performance wise with only about 5 hours of game play are, graphics better for sure not earth shattering. I do seem to notice the 60 fpm controls are smooth and accurate. C. O. D. The retical seems to just flow much better, hard to describe. Really liking the new controler. Lot easier to moderate the throttle on forza.

swing your swing

I dont expect to be blown away by the graphics in any of the launch games. Developers are still getting used to making the games. We saw the same thing on the 360 and PS3. If you go back and look at their launch games and compare them to the latest games there is quite a difference. Plus many of the launch games (COD, AC, BF4) are all ports so they werent developed specifically for the next gen. Give it a year and then compare the visuals to what we have on the PS3 or 360 and you will see a much larger difference.

Anyone know where I can find a ps4 in stock for the normal price? Locally isn't working well.

Anyone know where I can find a ps4 in stock for the normal price? Locally isn't working well.

Good luck. Sounds like unless you are lucky enough to walk into a store at the exact time a shipment of a few come in then it could be a while. I'm sure as stores get a few in at a time they will be gone within a few minutes

I dont expect to be blown away by the graphics in any of the launch games. Developers are still getting used to making the games. We saw the same thing on the 360 and PS3. If you go back and look at their launch games and compare them to the latest games there is quite a difference. Plus many of the launch games (COD, AC, BF4) are all ports so they werent developed specifically for the next gen. Give it a year and then compare the visuals to what we have on the PS3 or 360 and you will see a much larger difference.

This is one of the main reasons why I'll wait to get a next-gen console.

That isnt even a question Doug. Bust it out

Well, I gave in since little man made the honor roll in 2/2 categories (no bumper stickers). Busted it out as an early Christmas present. Also picked up the play and charge kit and the combo (controller/charge kit) with a gift card I had left over from my phone upgrade.

Really impressed so far and glad I picked up the charge kit, huge that it can charge while you play and no more batteries!

Installing the games for the first time kinda took a long time to bring over his 360 stuff...he is not that patient.

So far so good and was surprised to get the "Day One" edition. Guess somebody changed there mind and it got bumped to my regular preorder...he was pumped.

Got to spend significant time with both systems over the last two days. I have my thoughts on both, but for now will keep them. Very interesting systems with significant feature differences to me.

Got to spend significant time with both systems over the last two days. I have my thoughts on both, but for now will keep them. Very interesting systems with significant feature differences to me.

Why keep them?

Why keep them?

To be frank, I dont want this thread to turn into a p!ssing match full of subjective nonsense like it does at times.
This is one of those subjects for some reason that everybody wants to get some sort of validation for what they purchased.

Anybody notice that some of your upgrades purchase didn't transfer over from 360 to the one? Little man likes to upgrade his armor, guns, camo and such. Black flag did not transfer over quite a few things. Off to Google

UPDATE: Never mind, way to much time figuring out it was just upgraded apparel, weapons, and "finishing moves" within the game. He didn't want to wait until he leveled up to unlock them! Guess he learned a lesson in frugal spending.

Map Packs, season passes, etc all transfer fine from the 360-One according to microsoft. However that is not what I was lead to understand he bought with his points. Silly boy and frustrated dad.

Last edited:
I got my xbox one friday and played some bf4 this weekend. The only problem I have found was not a console issue it was the bf4 servers went down for a while.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I'm really pleased to not see anyone coming in here with XBO console issues. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised, but major fist pump for what the projections were suggesting.

So I got my Xbox One today around noon and have been pretty much playing it ever since. Set up was a breeze and had absolutely zero problems with the network. So far I find myself loving Kinect voice commands, using them to switch between video games, television, to internet explorer, and then back to a video game or television is seamless and fast. I was very skeptical watching the videos of it in action, but my experiences have been 100% positive. As long as you use the right command, it works flawlessly. I've caught myself repeating myself numerous times due to using the wrong command, however once I use the right command it works like a charm.

Games I picked up are Forza 5, Killer Instinct (free) and Battlefield 4. About 20% into installing the games I was able to start playing the game while the rest of the game installed. I did notice when I tried to access features that had yet to be installed, it would grey out that feature and let you know you could continue with other portions of the game while the rest installed.

Battlefield 4 with 64 players is a freaking blast. I love every minute of it. And if you are into cars at all, Forza 5 is an absolute must have in my opinion. It's such an amazing racing game.

Those are my first impressions so far, hope that everybody is enjoying their systems!

My gamertag on Xbox Live is: Yu Tai Mai Shu so feel free to hit me up if you want to play some games.

Also wanted to mention that walking into my living room and saying Xbox On and having my satellite box, television, and Xbox One all turn on at once is freakin awesome!
I have yet to find a room with 62 people. Did you get battlefield premium?

I'm really pleased to not see anyone coming in here with XBO console issues. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised, but major fist pump for what the projections were suggesting.

So far so good from the sounds of it.

Only conquest and rush modes are 64 players

I had been playing team deathmatch I switched to conquest and played in a couple of full rooms.

Back