The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know why people get their shorts in a bunch when companies release new gear. How does it effect them? I will never understand why we have to defend the actions of club company.

Because it makes finding gear that fits your game too easy.

I'd love to know why people get their shorts in a bunch when companies release new gear. How does it effect them? I will never understand why we have to defend the actions of club company.
More golf stuff is a good thing, IMO.

I never understand the peeps who say, "Didnt they just release a driver??"

Unfortunately, people don't understand the masses as a whole and only see how things affect their individual situations. That attitude doesn't work in the business world.

My wife took the veto away on my Hopkins wedges.... This guy is now happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More golf stuff is a good thing, IMO.

I never understand the peeps who say, "Didnt they just release a driver??"

Add me to this group.

I look at it this way, more shiny things and more tech equal more fun toys and options for us all.

Add me to this group.

I look at it this way, more shiny things and more tech equal more fun toys and options for us all.
Not only that, but more releases means a competitive market, which typically ends up well for us "buyers".

Not only that, but more releases means a competitive market, which typically ends up well for us "buyers".

This. Right. Here.

You mean a monopoly is no good? Lol

I think it's the latest and greatest argument. They can't stand not having the newest or that their purchase is already worth less. Apparently get over it isn't an acceptable response either :/

It's craziness. They don't seem to have a problem when auto companies roll out a fresh model every year, or cell phone companies, or computer companies or........or.........or......

Why do they expect the golf industry to be different. I tend to think new driver every 3 to 5 years, same with irons. If it's working for me, no need to change until tech makes a significant change.

The Official Banter Away thread

I kinda see both sides of this argument..more toward the side that completely doesn't understand why people get upset and manufacturers for trying to increase the stock value and revenue . Seriously , I'm in a retail world everyday and if new and improved things didn't come out I wouldn't be on an iPad watching football writing this message. It's what makes the world spin in a matter of sense. I do give a little credit to a select few on the other side. Granted it can't be changed, but maybe your that guy who just bought a premium set of clubs, a driver, I mean hell a new wedge in 100 easy. So you drop this money on this/these items that are the latest, the prettiest, the longest most forgiving straightest lower score hitting s.o.b/.s every made. We all know how it works but for that guy or gal it prolly upsets them a little that a few months later something "better" comes out. So they speak their mind...

If innovators want to innovate then let them do it. What do I care? Is Callaway forcing me to buy their new drivers? Last I checked they aren't.

Hi Jrod!

Add me to this group.

This is part I have a problem with. I think it's total BS and a marketing gimmick. You don't have some brilliant design breakthrough every 6 months.

However if people keep falling for it more power to them I guess.

Hell every driver is 15 yards longer than the last we should all be hitting it 400+ by now.

This is part I have a problem with. I think it's total BS and a marketing gimmick. You don't have some brilliant design breakthrough every 6 months.

However if people keep falling for it more power to them I guess.

Hell every driver is 15 yards longer than the last we should all be hitting it 400+ by now.

These companies are in the business to make money. You're a smart dude, why should their marketing strategies effect you?

I am I am, just plugging along. How's the new house?
Man it's good... On another note I'm thinking on purchasing a toyota tundra. I know your a toyota homer.... Good idea? Bad idea?

Man it's good... On another note I'm thinking on purchasing a toyota tundra. I know your a toyota homer.... Good idea? Bad idea?

Power for days but terrible MPG. Amazing towing capacity for a 1/2 ton and all around great truck. The are built like brick s**houses. Thje front end components are beefier than any domestic 3/4 ton. Whatever you do don't buy a Nissan.

Power for days but terrible MPG. Amazing towing capacity for a 1/2 ton and all around great truck. The are built like brick s**houses.
Yep that's all the things I was thinking about it also.. Screw fuel economy!

Hence the reason I still play an R9 SuperDeep =)

So can you blame the major OEM's for doing what it takes to make money?

Hence the reason I still play an R9 SuperDeep =)
So that's why you don't hit the ball very far?? Oh wait, nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back