The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the busiest in a while. Which is amazing since it's been so awesome around here for past several months!

I know right? So cool, but I hate that I missed so much while working. Stupid work getting in the way of my THP time! ::shakey fist::

The more options and releases the better. I can't upgrade equipment like the pros, but I like having the option to. Really a win/win as a member of THP. New releases means previews, in hand pics and thorough, thoughtful reviews by real golfers. No downside.

The more options and releases the better. I can't upgrade equipment like the pros, but I like having the option to. Really a win/win as a member of THP. New releases means previews, in hand pics and thorough, thoughtful reviews by real golfers. No downside.

The reviews by real golfers and not just marketing guys. One that sticks out to me is War Eagle with the SLDR he just had to say he cant hit it.

The reviews by real golfers and not just marketing guys. One that sticks out to me is War Eagle with the SLDR he just had to say he cant hit it.
That's whats great about this place. Most guys that are fortunate to get picked to review a new product will tell it like it is. And don't get me wrong, I like new shiny things just as much as the next guy! But sometimes that's all it is. New and shiny.

I got a massive amount of work done today. Woot. Beer me.

Honest reviews, bro. As much as I wanted to be able to hit it well, it just didnt agree with me.

Nazdarovya!

Howdy Jacob. Hope all is well buddy.
You bet man. Just haven't been around much. It is deer season you know.

I just ate the best store bought sushi I've ever had. There is such a thing a good store bought sushi.

After seeing the new Callaway offerings this morning, I went to my local chain store wanting to discuss what they thought.

Silly me. The golf section was empty of staff again, same as Sunday, same as Saturday.

I am skeptical of all the technological advances. Not because I don't believe what they say. But because I want to see it to believe it. I want to swing the club, hit the ball, watch the flight, see the numbers, and then believe. My last new driver was an R7 425, since then it has all been used. Not because I don't believe in the tech, but because I can't throw down $400-600 to see if it makes the difference they say.

Would love it if Callaway were to ever do a demo up here. Take my Titleist which I love, and show me how the Callaway products could allow me to gain yards, gain accuracy, gain the flight I want (or think I want). I don't want to be told I should believe, I want to be made to believe. I take everything with a grain of salt.... but I really do want to believe.

Has anyone hit these balls? My bil gave me a dozen that a guy let him have when he caddied for him at one web.com locations:
CAM00044.jpg

Probably wait until spring and warmer weather as I'm betting they are pretty high compression?

Last edited:
I saw those Amazon drones last night Smalls, not sure how well they will work but you have to give them credit for trying.

I find the teeth gnashing over release cycles a head scratcher. TM's R1 was released about ten months ago. It can be had today for $149.99-$199.99. That's a super great club with tons of tech for about half price. Variations of the same thing are true with certain other OEMs. These new releases are the best thing possible for us consumers if we'd just let it be.

:act-up:..not being a prude..but so disappointed with all sports here in chicago land area. Purdue..(only 1 one game)..Notre Dame (fizzled).. Bulls (..rose out..maybe will retire) ..Bears (..get rid of Cutler)..hawks ( great seasons last year..this year ?.. cubs ( need I say more,,just the mention of the cubs sends me in a rage).. Sox ( maybe next year...fingers crossed)

life of a Chicago land sports nut

,mm

Gary Busey speaks wisdom
2arydene.jpg

Not sure if this is banter or rant but I'm sure tired of missing everything on this site! With my new job and other obligations I barely get to visit here each day let alone participate like I want to.

So hello THP friends and family! I miss you all...

#ImWithChad

Not sure if this is banter or rant but I'm sure tired of missing everything on this site! With my new job and other obligations I barely get to visit here each day let alone participate like I want to.

#ImWithChad
I was just out your way, albeit busy and a holiday...would have been nice to catch up. Maybe next time!

#ImWithChad

I missed you getting a new job, what are you doing?

:act-up:..not being a prude..but so disappointed with all sports here in chicago land area. Purdue..(only 1 one game)..Notre Dame (fizzled).. Bulls (..rose out..maybe will retire) ..Bears (..get rid of Cutler)..hawks ( great seasons last year..this year ?.. cubs ( need I say more,,just the mention of the cubs sends me in a rage).. Sox ( maybe next year...fingers crossed)

life of a Chicago land sports nut

,mm

You're complaining about the Blackhawks when they are the defending Stanley Cup Champions? Some people are NEVER satisfied, it's ridiculous.

I was just out your way, albeit busy and a holiday...would have been nice to catch up. Maybe next time!

I was super busy over Thanksgiving as well. I only had Thursday off and then moved a new machine on Friday and set it up on Saturday all day.

I missed you getting a new job, what are you doing?

I sew.....LOL

I'm technically a contract embroiderer with my Dad. He's been doing this for about 22 years now and I started full time on November 1st. I've been around it all my while life though. It's very nice not working at the restaurant any longer.

#ImWithChad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back