My 18 month old newphew and sil are staying with us right now. I will tell you as I am not a parent, I now get why they say terrible 2s. This young man is a terrorist in training. I swear he has some kind of internal 6th sense that allows him to get into somethings an adult could not even dream up. We had to child proof our house and as Jax said its amazingly hard. There is a good chance this young man will break Houdini's records of craziest escapes!

"Baby proofing" is probably the hardest thing I've done as a Father. You never know what they'll get into once they start pulling up and walking around.
Sure you do: Everything
Isn't that right.

While cooking dinner last night, I came into the living room to see what everybody was up to and saw the baby chewing on one of these...

RX-DK-DIY260022_place-caps_s4x3_lead.jpg
Haha that is disgusting
My 18 month old newphew and sil are staying with us right now. I will tell you as I am not a parent, I now get why they say terrible 2s. This young man is a terrorist in training. I swear he has some kind of internal 6th sense that allows him to get into somethings an adult could not even dream up. We had to child proof our house and as Jax said its amazingly hard. There is a good chance this young man will break Houdini's records of craziest escapes!
This whole post made me laugh. Imagine that every, single, day.

I've seriously considered just padding one room and fencing it off. With two you just can't be there every freaking second to make sure they are doing something stupid. I caught the baby standing on the seat of the boy's easy chair a few weeks ago. Just chilling like nothing was wrong at all.

I've seriously considered just padding one room and fencing it off. With two you just can't be there every freaking second to make sure they are doing something stupid. I caught the baby standing on the seat of the boy's easy chair a few weeks ago. Just chilling like nothing was wrong at all.

Same here Hawk. I'm such a neat freak that having a 4 & 2 yr old running around makes it impossible to keep things organized & making sure they are not destroying something. They have taken over my "game room" and that's where they play. I live by the "no blood no foul" mantra if they are fighting or doing something crazy.....in hindsight maybe the trampoline upstairs was not a great idea.

Tapping away on my iPhone

Same here Hawk. I'm such a neat freak that having a 4 & 2 yr old running around makes it impossible to keep things organized & making sure they are not destroying something. They have taken over my "game room" and that's where they play. I live by the "no blood no foul" mantra if they are fighting or doing something crazy.....in hindsight maybe the trampoline upstairs was not a great idea.

We sound very similar.

They're like little farm animals leaving a damn mess everywhere they touch. Drives me crazy!

I'll never forget the verbal assault I took from the wife when I forgot to pick up my sand wedge and golf balls after a nightly chipping session in the den. My 2 year old came into our room the next morning holding the SW over his head with a golf ball in his mouth. Like it's been said on here, you ALWAYS have to be mindful that anything left out is a potential weapon or choking hazard for a little one.

I think we can all agree, when babies crawl, they are the fastest creatures on the planet. I see my son in the middle of the living room. Turn my head to make sure my daughter hasn't knocked a wall down. Turn around and my son is outside across the street. (slight hyperbole)

My girl got to taste hot chocolate for the first time today. The smile on her face was priceless, that joy!

I can't take pictures of her, she won't stand still if she sees a camera or a phone, she want's to look at the pics or trough the viewfinder, no matter what she's doing. :D

We sound very similar.

They're like little farm animals leaving a damn mess everywhere they touch. Drives me crazy!

I've given up. With my wife and both young'un's all destroying the house after I get done cleaning it, I have waived the white flag.

I think we can all agree, when babies crawl, they are the fastest creatures on the planet. I see my son in the middle of the living room. Turn my head to make sure my daughter hasn't knocked a wall down. Turn around and my son is outside across the street. (slight hyperbole)

I've nicknamed my 2yr old "ninja" bc one second she is right next to me, then boom she's out of sight and didn't even make a sound. Infuriating and funny at the same time.

We just had our second (boy) 2 weeks ago. It was tough keeping track of our 2 year old daughter when there wasn't the distraction of a newborn baby around. I'm going to have to improve on the current level of child-proofing, including installing some more baby gates.

So last night I get home from work and my oldest daughter (right as I walk in) says, Sorry Dad, Reese won't help me clean up. So now I have to play Bad Cop and get on the two of them to clean up all the paper, Crayons and markers they have been playing with. Needless to say it didn't get done right away, so after supper I'm back to using threats and such. They wanted to watch a movie (it was on) and so I paused the movie...nothing, then I turned OFF the movie and tv. That worked but the youngest (3 1/2) didn't want to help the oldest (5 1/2). So I told her she could just brush her teeth and go to bed. She called my bluff! "OK Dad, I'll go to bed." So I followed her into her room...she brushed her teeth, and hopped into bed. As she's doing this I see her surveying her side of the room for Barbies, and toys and such. To which I follow behind her snatching those up from her. Guess who THEN wanted to help clean up? YOU guessed it. Come to find out, just going to sleep wasn't going to be as fun and playing in bed and not sleeping.

I've given up. With my wife and both young'un's all destroying the house after I get done cleaning it, I have waived the white flag.
My wife goes nuts with this stuff, pretty regularly going around the house cleaning up mess after mess. I take the approach that having kids in the house is a bit like fighting the Borg: resistance is futile.

We pretty much did fence the living room off from the rest of the house, and made them stay in there. The side benefit is that even though they can open the baby gates now, we can still use them as virtual barriers.

Sounds like I need to head to the gate store asap.

I have a 3 year old niece and I find it VERY fun to say, "I can't believe your Daddy is letting you do that" as my brother looks on. Priceless.

I just want to say how much I love this thread, so many great stories!!!

The boy turns 10 months on Saturday. He's been standing for a while, but just took his first two steps. Ruh roh.

The boy turns 10 months on Saturday. He's been standing for a while, but just took his first two steps. Ruh roh.

To quote Whitesox announcer Hawk Harrelson, "He gone!" Walk turns to run VERY quickly.

My daughter was just in the PX's fashion show.
azubu7yh.jpg
5u6ebe3y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics, MayDay

My daughter was just in the PX's fashion show.
azubu7yh.jpg
5u6ebe3y.jpg

Looking good, sir. Just make sure you teach her to turn left, and she may have a career in fashion.

Looking good, sir. Just make sure you teach her to turn left, and she may have a career in fashion.

I'm going to be in trouble in bout 10 years.

We had a first in our house tonight, our daughter was waiting to get in the bath, naked of course and she darts out of the bathroom and proceeds to pee on the floor of the living room. I told my wife I'm surprised we made it this long (17 months) before having this happen.

We had a first in our house tonight, our daughter was waiting to get in the bath, naked of course and she darts out of the bathroom and proceeds to pee on the floor of the living room. I told my wife I'm surprised we made it this long (17 months) before having this happen.
Fortunately with my daughter, we never had that one happen.

My son, 15 months, I am just waiting for him to start taking aim...

Back