The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

It's a feeling that can't be duplicated. Take a deep breath, get the ball on the tee and let muscle memory take over.

I was so nervous on both mornings, but more so on the singles morning. You're just so accountable and you don't want to let anyone down.

TTing

It's a feeling that can't be duplicated. Take a deep breath, get the ball on the tee and let muscle memory take over.

Thats what its all about. Just something that can never be duplicated. I have a little experience at the invitationals, I can only imagine what its like at the MC.

Couldn't say it any better Freddie. It's scary, fun, horrific and awesome all at the same time.

Horrific in the best way possible. I have trouble dealing with emotions and that's the only way I can describe it lol

Says the guy who blasted the longest drive of the entire tournament.

Family and friends too. It was something to see 20 or so golf carts following the last few groups on Sunday. You have no clue what you are in for.
Following all the groups coming in and knowing the cup was still in the balance was so awesome last year!

Following all the groups coming in and knowing the cup was still in the balance was so awesome last year!

A very fond memory, following the guys down the 15th on foot. Nothing quite like it.

You guys kill me with the stories.... I hope I get in.

It is safe to say that every shot has meaning and Every decision has an outcome that is magnified by the mood of the event. It's such a great feeling to be in MB for the MC.

I can't wait to see all the newbs faces when they hear their names, peg the ball and try to swallow before they pull the trigger. Then you find yourself in the middle of your match and say to yourself, 'I don't want this to end'

I can't even imagine the feeling I'm gonna have on the first tee. Just hoping for solid contact.

I can't even imagine the feeling I'm gonna have on the first tee. Just hoping for solid contact.

You'll be fine, just go through your routine and swing hard.

Thainer is right though, it's easier on Saturday because you know you have a partner. Sunday is a little tougher because it's singles AND you know the Cup is going to get decided on that day.

I was an absolute wreck with emotions Sunday from start to finish. I am not sure how I put a solid round together.

It's a funny feeling but you get over it. By the last round at the gauntlet I was like yeah lets do this and tanked it down the middle

It's a funny feeling but you get over it. By the last round at the gauntlet I was like yeah lets do this and tanked it down the middle

I never did get over it Sunday. I still can't explain it. The nerves where there the entire round knowing my match could decide the cup. The nerves were not all bad though. I was more focused than any round I have ever played.

I never did get over it Sunday. I still can't explain it. The nerves where there the entire round knowing my match could decide the cup. The nerves were not all bad though. I was more focused than any round I have ever played.

And myself and 6 other guys are still pumped you played so darn good

I was an absolute wreck with emotions Sunday from start to finish. I am not sure how I put a solid round together.

It was our cart dude. That first hole was ROUGH, I 3 jacked from 15 feet shaking so bad. The bomb putt from the drop zone on #3 for the halve helped calm me down

I'm hoping to find out just how good the whole experience is, my knees would be knocking for sure on a 4 footer no matter which day it is lol.

It was our cart dude. That first hole was ROUGH, I 3 jacked from 15 feet shaking so bad. The bomb putt from the drop zone on #3 for the halve helped calm me down

#3 was great. To put it in the water and still win that hole was huge for my match. 3 of the best putts I have ever seen on one one hole.

When you guys were following our group I had no idea what was on the line until I putted out on 15. I was so caught up in Nate and Tnolan's match that went to 18.
Watching Nate up against the ropes all day but sneaking in kidney shots was great. They stretched that match to the final putt. That match and DDEC walking up 18 sealed the deal for me. I wanted back in!

#3 was great. To put it in the water and still win that hole was huge for my match. 3 of the best putts I have ever seen on one one hole.

Oh and lets not forget #2.

Hybrid off tee disappears, take a drop and snap one into the dirt stones on the right side. Then I take a closed face wedge and just jab at it, hits something and kicks up onto the green for a tap in halve again lol.

Sure was an interesting day!

This dude. Focused but fun is how I would characterize it. I ended up on the other end of the cup though haha

You'll be fine, just go through your routine and swing hard.

Thainer is right though, it's easier on Saturday because you know you have a partner. Sunday is a little tougher because it's singles AND you know the Cup is going to get decided on that day.

close my eyes and swing hard. i think i can do that.

Lots of great events.
And for this one, lots of chances to gain entry.

Lots of great events.
And for this one, lots of chances to gain entry.
I love all the contests from the sponsors, so cool to get them involved right from the start!

close my eyes and swing hard. i think i can do that.

If the opening tee shots are on #1 at True Blue, there are 3 thin trees that are off in the distance that are very close to one another. Those trees are a great aiming point, just look at those and don't focus on anything else.

Back