Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those too. GAH.

Solves your shaft weight concerns, also gives you something you're still super familiar with and good all around distance and forgiveness?

This sounds like the stupidest thing ever, but I'm really having doubts about what set up to take to California right now. Wedges and putter are a lock. The rest is sort of up for grabs.
Has to be tough, dude. Old reliables sound like they will get the nod though, eh?

Solves your shaft weight concerns, also gives you something you're still super familiar with and good all around distance and forgiveness?

Has to be tough, dude. Old reliables sound like they will get the nod though, eh?

That would be the advice I'd give somebody lol. Not always easy to listen to yourself though.

I hate even bringing it up, but it's been bugging me for a couple weeks and I figured talking it out might help me. Thanks gents.

This sounds like the stupidest thing ever, but I'm really having doubts about what set up to take to California right now. Wedges and putter are a lock. The rest is sort of up for grabs.

I know one driver that better be in your bag when we hit the driving range in Carlsbad.

In the words of the Learned TLC, I ain't too proud to beg.

Also, I don't want no scrubs.

That would be the advice I'd give somebody lol. Not always easy to listen to yourself though.

I hate even bringing it up, but it's been bugging me for a couple weeks and I figured talking it out might help me. Thanks gents.

Pssssssssssssssssssssssh, hate nothing, I love talking this stuff. Rock the hell out of the SpeedBlades sir! ROCK THEM!

Keep the TM out of your bag for this one and you will kill it. :D

Pssssssssssssssssssssssh, hate nothing, I love talking this stuff. Rock the hell out of the SpeedBlades sir! ROCK THEM!

With the results that I see from the AP1 thread, I suspect a challenger has appeared.

I think that might be the ticket. AP1's would be a no-brainer, but I'm thinking I'm going to be beat up by Wednesday morning. The 120g KBS Tour is one that I have to give a pretty good swing with to get all I can out of it. Not an issue with just one or two rounds.

LOL that's the thing. Over the last two months I've played 5 different irons sets, 4 different drivers with 6 different shafts, different fairways and hybrids, etc lol. Most comfortable is a distant memory!

ddec, for the most part yes, but irons and the fairway are most up for grabs. I'll probably rock the X-Hot/Tour Blue because it's old reliable. Covert Tour is a lock I guess. I'm leaning towards the AP1's, but then I wonder if the heavy shaft will be an issue over three days. Imagine I'll be swinging a lot of clubs Monday, and then the golf of course. I was swinging a few different irons last night. AP1's are the longest, but how does that hold up over all the golf. In a perfect world I'd have some graphite for them. I considered the 588 Combo with the MCI's. Felt really good last night.

Either the SLDR hybrid or the X-Hot 4 wood. Or even the two Yonex clubs.

Have you thought any further into Nippon iron shafts?

With the results that I see from the AP1 thread, I suspect a challenger has appeared.

Clearly the truth as they have been revealed as legit (and consequently I want to hit them now haha), but with the shaft weight being a possible concern over multiple rounds, that's why I went the other way.

Clearly the truth as they have been revealed as legit (and consequently I want to hit them now haha), but with the shaft weight being a possible concern over multiple rounds, that's why I went the other way.

that would probably be my line of thought as well.

The AP1's are longer for me, even with a strike that produces less ball speed, just because I spin them less. I just haven't done a multi-day thing with them.

After reading Jmans review of the Titleist AP2's I want a set. The description was freakin awesome!

The feel even better than the description leads you to believe

Id probably go old school and keep it on the cheap

I think the new ones were cheaper on their sight than the 3.5. Now a 3.0 would save you some scratch.

My wedges will be here today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling I will have a lot more ponders after next week and possibly a few resolved as well. :D

If for no other reason than they'll end up being $100 plus shipping, I am pondering replacing my original Mashie M3 and M4 with the Mashie Plus M3 and M4.

I think one of my goals for next year will be to play some rounds with lighter shafts just to see the difference. I have been gaming the DGS300s in my MPs for two years, and I don't really know how long-term use of lighter shafts would affect me. I'd be interested to see.

I do like the muted click although I am guessing I don't hear it as much as you do.

Def not muted to me, so probably not. That said, its not a harsh click, its just a Titleist click. I mean that.

Seth, I think you'd learn a lot and have a lot of fun trying them all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back