The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rant on: I need to replace my two front tires. Apparently I'm not allowed to buy 2 tires at a time because the vehicle is all wheel drive. I've never heard of this before and it makes zero sense to me. So I basically have to toss two perfectly good tires and double my expense. (expletive)

Rant on: I need to replace my two front tires. Apparently I'm not allowed to buy 2 tires at a time because the vehicle is all wheel drive. I've never heard of this before and it makes zero sense to me. So I basically have to toss two perfectly good tires and double my expense. (expletive)

That is completely false. I'd shop around. As long as the tread is good on the others you are absolutely allowed to swap just two.

Try somewhere else or is it a dealership/warranty deal?

That is completely false. I'd shop around. As long as the tread is good on the others you are absolutely allowed to swap just two.

Seconded, all the tire places say that but it's total crap.

Just fed up with my job today, working with family is something i dont want to do anymore.

Maybe i can find a new job before the first of the year.

Thanks guys. I called four different places. Every one of them told me the same thing - Honda says all four tires must match manufacturer and be within a certain tolerance for wear otherwise you can tear up the all wheel drive transmission. Seems freekin' absurd to me - obviously the front tires turn and carry the weight of the engine and therefore will wear at a different rate than the rear tires (i.e., not be within the same tolerance). Color me frustrated.

Last edited:
My grandmother does. Have to listen to her complain how one day is in the 80's and the next in the 50's. I usually just tell her to come home then and enjoy the below 30 weather everyday or stop complaining.

But at least she has Chuck Norris roaming the streets making sure us Texans are safe.

Just fed up with my job today, working with family is something i dont want to do anymore.

Maybe i can find a new job before the first of the year.

Wanna switch? I will come do your job. You come to do mine.... I'm sure we could both use the change of scenery.

Wanna switch? I will come do your job. You come to do mine.... I'm sure we could both use the change of scenery.

You wouldnt like mine, it pays terrible. But on the positive side you would be able to golf more than in Manitoba.

Thanks guys. I called three places. Every one of them told me the same thing - Honda says all four tires must match manufacturer and be within a certain tolerance for wear otherwise you can tear up the transmission. Seems freekin' absurd to me - obviously the front tires turn and carry the weight of the engine and therefore will wear at a different rate than the rear tires (i.e., not be within the same tolerance). Color me frustrated.

There is reasoning behind that but at the end of the day if the O.D. of the the tires are the same, you should be okay. Also, different traction on tires can cause slipping and mess with the AWD electronics, since it is ALWAYS monitoring tire RPM's

You wouldnt like mine, it pays terrible. But on the positive side you would be able to golf more than in Manitoba.

What is it that you do?

I run an office for a copier company. The majority of my day today has been "We called 10 minutes ago for service, why isn't someone here to fix our machine" and "we ran out of toner a week ago, but forgot to order any, so you need to deliver some ASAP to us today". My lone available service technician (who has done this for 20 years) doesn't know how to fix anything, or plays stupid so he doesn't have to.

C'mon, you know you want to trade !

What is it that you do?

I run an office for a copier company. The majority of my day today has been "We called 10 minutes ago for service, why isn't someone here to fix our machine" and "we ran out of toner a week ago, but forgot to order any, so you need to deliver some ASAP to us today". My lone available service technician (who has done this for 20 years) doesn't know how to fix anything, or plays stupid so he doesn't have to.

C'mon, you know you want to trade !

Im the office do it all,

Answer phones, process orders, package and ship orders all well taking flack from the family.

Im the office do it all,

Answer phones, process orders, package and ship orders all well taking flack from the family.

We have like the exact same job! I foolishly came back to this company as the office administrator years after getting fed up and quitting here as a service technician LOL

That is so stupid. Get them shipped to you and take them to a garage. They will put them on even if some name brand place won't. I'd bet they will put them on if you don't buy them from them.

Just had to put a one thousand dollar set of running boards on a sprinter for one of my fleets because some giant fast person drives if and had a hard time getting in and out.

I would've told herto get bent but that's probably against some sort of law.

Just had to put a one thousand dollar set of running boards on a sprinter for one of my fleets because some giant fast person drives if and had a hard time getting in and out.

Did you add an "S" to make the word "fast?"

I get it that not everyone has children (little ones especially) & can't relate when they are sick, but do you really think I'm enjoying my time away from the office taking care of my sick daughter???

Tapping away on my iPhone

The real rant should be how many times they have to do this. About 20 people drive these things and if one person complains they cannot change their job or just tell them to get in shape they have to cater to them.

So glad I don't work somewhere where I would have to deal with HR issues like this.

You should have some guy from Florida hook your company up with a bicycle deal so these people can get in shape. Assuming he returns your call that is..

JRod. Will you put one on our Sprinter? I like to eat a lot and am trending in that direction.

Just tell them to get a chase forklift!

They always try to do this. I always tell them just put the freaking tires on anyway. Maddening.

They always try to do this. I always tell them just put the freaking tires on anyway. Maddening.

If you were in my shop I would tell you to push mud. You leave and trash your differential and then blame the shop even after they warned you to replace all four.

I'd be happy to explain to you why for are required when I'm at a real computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back