Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pondering replacing my old tour edge irons with some Titleist AP1's. Probably s300 shafts, but more shafts to hit. I also enjoyed hitting the Mizuno ez forged..

hmmm

Thanks to 16 hours of over time at my part time job, the two extra paychecks in January I should be able to afford new Cobra Baffler XL's with a proper fitting and KBS C-taper shafts, new bag, and possible the Adams Super dHY hyrons.

I don't know when to stop with this madness. There is nothing really wrong with the wedges I'm using now, I just want a matching set, is that so bad?...:alien:

For those that were thinking about the Cobra Baffler t-rail hybrids, Budget Golf has them for $37.96 today. Unbeatable deal IMO and well worth the experiment.

For those that were thinking about the Cobra Baffler t-rail hybrids, Budget Golf has them for $37.96 today. Unbeatable deal IMO and well worth the experiment.

Agree with the Cookster on this one. I carry two of them in my bag and honestly I'd replace many other clubs before I touched them. Extremely easy it hit, great trajectory slightly offset to help put a good whack on the ball. Plus for less than a dozen of decent balls why wouldn't u try them...

The local EW had a used Nike Covert driver with a Black Tie in it. My interest was piqued, but I don't think my fancy was tickled. I'm a little suspect of their monitor, so I may need to take it for a test drive out on the range one day next week...

The local EW had a used Nike Covert driver with a Black Tie in it. My interest was piqued, but I don't think my fancy was tickled. I'm a little suspect of their monitor, so I may need to take it for a test drive out on the range one day next week...

That's why it's always recommended to bring yours in as well for a base line. Juices monitors don't matter if you're seeing improvements in BS, launch, spin apples to apples

That's why it's always recommended to bring yours in as well for a base line. Juices monitors don't matter if you're seeing improvements in BS, launch, spin apples to apples
It said I was only carrying 195 yards with a 93mph swing speed.

Do you play the 3GEN Keygs?
Sorry for the delayed response Jordan, but yes I do. I really like them, but I plan on testing the UTx this spring.

Going to PGA SS tonight for a range session. Hoping to hit the Callaway Apex with Recoil R flex shafts.

Going to PGA SS tonight for a range session. Hoping to hit the Callaway Apex with Recoil R flex shafts.

That sounds like such a great combo.

I've been trying to find a new 3 wood for many months now. I hit the Titleist 910 great on a monitor, but on the course it's become hook city. My Burner SF 2.0 has always been great, but I need a more stout shaft and am ready for a new model.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Was thinking of trying the Jetspeed or the new Adams FW's.

Tour or non tour? That's low on low there. Might be a nice match up to the performance head if you get along with the Black Tie, which I don't, no matter the weight. But I have hit a Black Tie in a Tour head and the ball flight was stupid, and not in the good cool way either.

That sounds like such a great combo.

I talked about it a bit with my swing Panda and we both agreed it was worth looking at. I am partial to graphite over the past few years as it is much easier on my hand/wrist. Like I told him though, I am going to have a full fitting done at the Callaway Performance Center here in NJ. Whatever they suggest is the direction I will go. So excited for the fitting. Going to hold off on it for as long as possible until myself and my swing get in better shape. I want as accurate numbers as possible.

Bio Cell colors. :alien:

I've been trying to find a new 3 wood for many months now. I hit the Titleist 910 great on a monitor, but on the course it's become hook city. My Burner SF 2.0 has always been great, but I need a more stout shaft and am ready for a new model.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Was thinking of trying the Jetspeed or the new Adams FW's.

Everything I have heard about the Jetspeed FW is that it is an absolute bomber. Worth a look.

Everything I have heard about the Jetspeed FW is that it is an absolute bomber. Worth a look.

It and the SLDR are solid. Eerily similar though performance wise, just coms downt o what you like to look at open/closed and deep/shallow.

I've got to be honest, I gave zero ponders for my current bag. But every time a new MC contest starts I go into full ponder mode for how I might configure a bag for that OEM if I were lucky enough to get picked.

I'm also anxious to hear how those Callaway Apex work out for ya. I have heard a lot of good things about them.

It was cool to see 16 THPers get full sets at one of the events. They are all raving about them.

It was cool to see 16 THPers get full sets at one of the events. They are all raving about them.

Those threads have been fun to read. Have made me go from so-so about wanting to hit them to genuinely wanting to hit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back