The 2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - Meet The Bear Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ached following the 2013 Championhip, I'm hoping it works out for this years.

wind is not my friend

Wind there can be brutal. Hole 5 is a par 3 over water and with the wind that day, my group decided to bump it up to a teebox that was maybe 155yds to the pin at a back left? Took a 5i and tried to punch it through the wind and it upshot. Barely carried the water. Might have been a 130yd 5i.

Next hole is a 510yd par 5. Same wind now downwind, driver 9i. Dumb.

Wind there can be brutal. Hole 5 is a par 3 over water and with the wind that day, my group decided to bump it up to a teebox that was maybe 155yds to the pin at a back left? Took a 5i and tried to punch it through the wind and it upshot. Barely carried the water. Might have been a 130yd 5i.

Next hole is a 510yd par 5. Same wind now downwind, driver 9i. Dumb.

yeah, that could problems for me

Wind. Wind is the devil on that course.

Yes sir. I believe from #16 approach shot to #18 green it plays eastbound towards the Atlantic. And that is 95% of the time into a strong wind.

Yeah 18 is no slouch either, despite being after the Bear Trap.

Any wind and it's a nasty hole.

Being able to play a course the pros play regularly that we watch on TV will just be beyond cool for me

Yeah 18 is no slouch either, despite being after the Bear Trap.

18 got to several of us, its a beast.

Makes that long iron tiger hit into it a couple years ago seem even more amazing.

That's a long 3 shot par 5 no matter what tee box you play. It's always been driver, fairway wood, short iron in. It just depends on how strong that Atlantic breeze is.

Can't wait to hear the final details on this event!

That's a long 3 shot par 5 no matter what tee box you play. It's always been driver, fairway wood, short iron in. It just depends on how strong that Atlantic breeze is.

Can't wait to hear the final details on this event!

35mp winds the first time. JB mentioned before, but driver, hybrid, hybrid, pitch.

I hit a 140 yard 4 hybrid right in that water in front of the green. Great finishing hole.

35mp winds the first time. JB mentioned before, but driver, hybrid, hybrid, pitch.

I hit a 140 yard 4 hybrid right in that water in front of the green. Great finishing hole.

I hit driver off the deck second shot, lol. Looked like a mile to the green.

Brutal finishing hole. Confuses me how people get there in two, yet alone with an iron.

I'll be playing for bogey down the left side there

Being able to play a course the pros play regularly that we watch on TV will just be beyond cool for me

I agree completely Mike, so cool to be able to play something you see on TV and then watch it on TV again! I'll be able to watch a golf tournament like never before.

Forgive my newbie confusion but is the Bridgestone event at PGA National a sign up and show up (if you get in) or is it an event for which you "qualify" by winning a match or something at one of the regional "Invitationals". thanks for any info

Forgive my newbie confusion but is the Bridgestone event at PGA National a sign up and show up (if you get in) or is it an event for which you "qualify" by winning a match or something at one of the regional "Invitationals". thanks for any info

All of the Invitationals are first come first serve as far as sign ups go. Winners from the 4 Invitationals will have their entry/signup fee discounted for the Bridgestone Championship at PGA National. The 4 Invitationals are being held in Indianapolis, Lake Charles, Louisiana, Ocean City, Maryland, and South Carolina.

Hey Bear Trap...Im watching you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back