Forum Testing Signup - Cobra Bio Cell Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

i-9PKZzk7-L.jpg

The Equipment
The early buzz on this line is very high and we want to hear from THPers what they think about the new Bio Cell irons.

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course, putting green or indoor facility).
12-15 Forum Members will be selected to participate along with War Eagle.
You will receive a Bio Cell 6 iron in either stiff or regular.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the equipment out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the club thoroughly.

This is thorough testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out one of the many review threads to see how others have fared.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What irons are you currently playing?
2. What shaft is in your irons?
3. What shaft flex are you currently playing?

Unfortunately this is RH only as these are pre-release samples.

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Testers;
knightlightpro
Sox Fan
golferbest
Matthew
kutros
ironcondor
baldguy
salisboss
TyJohnston
braddman19
Mikeg_74
Michigan Slice

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Admin
5uqapeqe.jpg

Woah woah woah, what an opportunity here!! Pre-release Cobra goodness!!

1. What irons are you currently playing? TM SpeedBlades

2. What shaft is in your irons? KBS C taper lite

3. What shaft flex are you currently playing? Stiff

Thanks for the opportunity!!

Really looking forward to the feedback from this one. 12-15 THPers is huge.

WOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU THP AND COBRA FOR PROVIDING THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY TO US!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. Cant wait to follow along.

Gonna be following this one real close. I'm very intrigued by the look of these. A little too cold and too much snow for me to be swinging a club any time soon so I'm going to sit back and enjoy this one

Thanks Cobra and THP!

1. What irons are you currently playing? TaylorMade R11

2. What shaft is in your irons? KBS 90

Now this is super freaking sweet. Thanks Cobra and THP for doing this. Looking forward to following this one as these intrigue me. Good luck all.

With the snow on the ground here, I'm going to have to hold off on the testing, but I'm very curious to here how the bio cells compare to last years cells. I've loved this set of irons!

I was going to have a break and put my clubs away for another month or so, but this would be an incentive to make sure I keep swinging a club while the weather isn't as nice. Depending on when these would be shipped/received, my testing would most likely be limited to either outdoor range (both grass and mats as my club has the option of both) or indoor heated range with the possibility of rounds depending on the weather

Ping i3 O-size (blue dot)

Stock

Regular

Many thanks to both THP and Cobra for the chance to test these

Thanks Cobra & THP! You guys rock!

1. What irons are you currently playing? Nike VR Pro Combo's
2. What shaft is in your irons? KBS Tours

Pretty cool! I've been waiting for these to show up.

1. What irons are you currently playing? Taylormade Speedblades
2. What shaft is in your irons? The stock steel shaft

Would love to test this against my current irons, but would like to disclaim that at this time of year most testing will be done at the driving range (in heated bays) or indoors with a Foresight launch monitor.

Thanks to THP and Cobra for a great opportunity!

Pre-Release Equipment from Cobra is nice! In for a long winter break so I will pass on this offering, but will follow this closely.

1. Taylormade r11 irons
2. Kbs 90
3. Stiff.

Wow, great opportunity from THP and Cobra Golf!

1. What irons are you currently playing? Callaway X Forged

2. What shaft is in your irons? KBS Tour

1. Nike VR_S Coverts (2012)
2. Dynalite (standard length)
3. Regular flex

Another great opportunity from THP and Cobra. Huge thanks!

Awesome Opportunity! Thanks THP and Cobra

1. What irons are you currently playing? Ping G20
2. What shaft is in your irons? CFS
3. What shaft flex are you currently playing? Regular flex

1. What irons are you currently playing? Nike VR Pro Combo's
2. What shaft is in your irons? Nippon NS Pro 950GH

Unfortunately this is RH only as these are pre-release samples.

Dang!

I am very curious to hear what the testers have to say about these though. They are without a doubt the ugliest irons I've seen in a long time, but if they work......

1. What irons are you currently playing? Callaway Apex 3-7, Apex Pro 8-PW
2. What shaft is in your irons? KBS Tour-V 110

awesome opportunity, I will not enter for obvious reason, but I am really looking forward to ear your toughts on this beast

Very cool from Cobra, thats a lot of 6 irons.

1. What irons are you currently playing? Callaway Apex
2. What shaft is in your irons? True Temper XP95

Would love to share my thoughts

1. What irons are you currently playing? Adams Idea Black CB3 Forged

2. What shaft is in your irons? KBS Tour 90

Tapping away on my iPhone

Very cool!! Didn't know you did this - new to THP :)! I must say, the look of this club scares me from applying to test it. It is pretty "ugly" for my taste. However, ugly ducklings can be swans too :)! If it works, it works :)!

Back