Hotel Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

My wife does world ventures!! WV has anyone herd of this? It has saved us thousands. If interested Jb let me know!

My wife does world ventures!! WV has anyone herd of this? It has saved us thousands. If interested Jb let me know!

Thanks buddy. Its not for me, but glad to see it has worked for you guys.

well a big dang it

Didnt know my billing cycle was on the 15th so I fell like $90 short of the spending minimum to just get it done in 30 days, so now im guessing the 50,000 bonus wont hit til a few weeks after the next bill...dumb on my part

well a big dang it

Didnt know my billing cycle was on the 15th so I fell like $90 short of the spending minimum to just get it done in 30 days, so now im guessing the 50,000 bonus wont hit til a few weeks after the next bill...dumb on my part

Call Chase. Tell them exactly that and see if they can move it back 10 days for you.

Call Chase. Tell them exactly that and see if they can move it back 10 days for you.

Worth a shot, didnt plan on booking anything with SW any time soon, but it would be nice to know I could if I needed to

Worth a shot, didnt plan on booking anything with SW any time soon, but it would be nice to know I could if I needed to

Since its your first cycle, they should be able to do it for you.

Since its your first cycle, they should be able to do it for you.

Even after the statement has generated?

Even after the statement has generated?

Not sure, but its certainly worth a try. Amex did that for me when we first got the card just to have our statements line up with our other accounts. Chase has good service, so it is possible. Probable? Probably not, but worth a call.

Got an offer today for the Citi AAdvantage with 50k free miles. Done deal!! I'm stoked to have 100,000 miles to use between AA & SW. Makes THP events so much more practical to attend with ability to fly on the cheap.

AA is what I use also (despite that United is the Chicago company). I combine it with the Citi Executive AAdvantage. I love their rewards program... and now with some more routes from the merge, it makes it more usable to more locations.

On the hotel front, I have been a member of the SPG/American Express program since its inception. I honestly think this is the best rewards program out there.

Just a heads up to those that use Starwood and Delta. The two have a shared program with reciprocal benefits to those with status including linking of status, points earned at both, etc.

Just a heads up to those that use Starwood and Delta. The two have a shared program with reciprocal benefits to those with status including linking of status, points earned at both, etc.

Thanks; didn't know that. I have a ton of Starwood points and although Delta has a pretty good number of flights out of Philly, I stuck with US Air to keep up my status. With the merger with American, I may be switching to Delta anyways and if I can some how use my Starwood status to skip up the Delta chain, it'd make it so much easier.

Taps away

Thanks; didn't know that. I have a ton of Starwood points and although Delta has a pretty good number of flights out of Philly, I stuck with US Air to keep up my status. With the merger with American, I may be switching to Delta anyways and if I can some how use my Starwood status to skip up the Delta chain, it'd make it so much easier.

Taps away

Seems like one of the better partnerships for status and earning too.

So the 1:1 Chase to Rapid Rewards exchange is pretty dang sweet. If I do this I can get to Love is in the Air for approx 14,500 fewer points and save money on checked bags as well as get more desirable flight times.

Sounds like a no brainer.

Those who fly a lot...for a flight on Mothers Day weekend is now the time to buy or will there be a period where fares drop before ballooning? I have read that 6 weeks before is the best time but is that reality?

I should add that the points I would save also enable me to fly to #TheKing. #winning

That program only works if you are an preferred member in one of those programs. Even if you have memberships in both programs, if you don't have any status on either Delta or SPG, then the partnership doesn't have any benefits.

That program only works if you are an preferred member in one of those programs. Even if you have memberships in both programs, if you don't have any status on either Delta or SPG, then the partnership doesn't have any benefits.

True, although minor status is not all that hard to come by in Starwood nor Delta.

Many of the programs reset for the new year and we have some different things we are doing this year. For 2014 we have qualified for elite status with Starwood, Hyatt, Hilton and IHG for hotels.

This year we will be focusing on Hyatt w/ Hilton as our backup. Starwood and IHG will be put a bit behind as secondary spots for our spend.
We have the credit card paired with all 4 of these programs and think that all of them are top notch depending on your needs. Although some cost more than others for actual redemption.

Throughout 2013, our redemption was incredible based on points earned and accumulated without making many adjustments, other than paying certain things with reward cards, maximizing certain bonuses, etc. All in all, we ended up with 17 free nights that we used based on points earning and signup bonuses. This year we hope to maximize some value a bit more to stay at that same level despite no signup bonuses.

Hopefully this thread has helped a few.

Many of the programs reset for the new year and we have some different things we are doing this year. For 2014 we have qualified for elite status with Starwood, Hyatt, Hilton and IHG for hotels.

This year we will be focusing on Hyatt w/ Hilton as our backup. Starwood and IHG will be put a bit behind as secondary spots for our spend.
We have the credit card paired with all 4 of these programs and think that all of them are top notch depending on your needs. Although some cost more than others for actual redemption.

Throughout 2013, our redemption was incredible based on points earned and accumulated without making many adjustments, other than paying certain things with reward cards, maximizing certain bonuses, etc. All in all, we ended up with 17 free nights that we used based on points earning and signup bonuses. This year we hope to maximize some value a bit more to stay at that same level despite no signup bonuses.

Hopefully this thread has helped a few.
Wow, 17 free nights. That's a pretty impressive return.

I gues I should be more cognizant of where I stay in 2014 so I can maximize my rewards. I have memberships at all of them but always try to stay cheap to save cost on my jobs.

I gues I should be more cognizant of where I stay in 2014 so I can maximize my rewards. I have memberships at all of them but always try to stay cheap to save cost on my jobs.

With some organization and planning you can still stay cheap and maximize your rewards. With all of your travels throughout the year, you should be able to have elite status for upgrades and other things, as well as more points earning power.

I think in 14 We're going to take advantage of the point programs a bit more, we're going to be on a tight budget and we are going to use the SPG Amex for the rewards card, we really like the card and have hadit for years. It will be an interesting thread to follow this year.

Yeah, I have really missed the boat on this over the years.
With some organization and planning you can still stay cheap and maximize your rewards. With all of your travels throughout the year, you should be able to have elite status for upgrades and other things, as well as more points earning power.

Yeah, I have really missed the boat on this over the years.

Since you use multiple programs, grab a free app called AwardWallet.
Get it setup so that all of your reward numbers are in one place and it will sync for you.
That will be the first step.

Out of curiosity, does Hytt have a better points program for free nights over the others?

Out of curiosity, does Hytt have a better points program for free nights over the others?

Not necessarily. They all have their plusses and minuses depending on usage and preference. We found that for the lower level hotels, we have preferred Hyatt Place to that of Hampton Inns, Courtyards, Four Points, etc. And when we are on the road and are stopping for merely a quick night's sleep, we choose price over luxury for obvious reasons. We also like the credit card that they have. It was between Starwood and Hyatt for us in terms of which was going to be our main property and we went with Hyatt for that reason.

Back