The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
You typically have like 37 shows DVR'd. You out of stuff to watch?

We're caught up, except for some sports shows that Jacqui doesn't care about.

Watch 'em anyway!

I'll save 'em for later. The Barbara Walters show is OK, and I would have missed it if there had been anything DVR'd.

Well it looks like I have the case of the, "I can't sleep!!!" Then to top it off I am coming down with something and the self medicating isn't seeming to help. All just perfect in time for the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have only been at work for 2 hours and it already feels like 8. Dammit it's going to be a long day. I need to find something to pass the time faster. Reading isn't helping at all.

AT&T having data issues this morning. My smartphone is currently a dumb phone

My rant is all these freaking trucks with those super bright HID headlights that are improperly installed blinding everyone on the road. I feel like I'm getting X-rayed when they drive by.

If you need the brightness of 7 Suns emminating from your ride to see where you are going its time to turn in your keys and admit you're not fit to drive.

The EXTREME double standard in society today, particularly the media. If you think one way you can speak your mind freely but if not, you better not say anything at all. It goes both way dumbasses. Wake up.

The EXTREME double standard in society today, particularly the media. If you think one way you can speak your mind freely but if not, you better not say anything at all. It goes both way dumbasses. Wake up.

Never truer words said Jman.

I don't see that as a new phenomenon, just that the topics where this is true are shifting over time.

Freedom of speech is not the same thing as freedom from repercussions. Not getting into the specific scenario here because that is a better debate room discussion, but if I walk up to my boss and tell him he sucks, I'm probably getting fired but I'm not going to jail for it.

I don't see that as a new phenomenon, just that the topics where this is true are shifting over time.

Freedom of speech is not the same thing as freedom from repercussions. Not getting into the specific scenario here because that is a better debate room discussion, but if I walk up to my boss and tell him he sucks, I'm probably getting fired but I'm not going to jail for it.

I think its more along the lines of the media sensationalizing everything, particularly their way of picking sides, everyone is always going to be offended by something someone else says or an opinion they have, thats life. This utopia ideology that there is only one way and only one side baffles and saddens me. People will never always agree on things, thats life. I disagree with a lot of things people believe and say on BOTH sides of issues, but I know its THEIR take and I can li9ve with that, I'm secure in my own feelings/thoughts about things. It just amazes me that someone can say they'd like to feed someone excrement on TV b/c of a different view and not be fired (stepped down over a week later but not fired) yet someone has a different view on things than the mainstream media and are immediately canned.

Just my rant for the day.

I agree with this 1 million percent. The dynamic shift is not really about freedom of speech, just that so many ears and eyes are watching said speech. And the media as a whole is geared towards this in general. And of course the media outlets are heavily opinionated rather than the original goal which was reporting (although we dont know if that ever actually took place).

I agree with this 1 million percent. The dynamic shift is not really about freedom of speech, just that so many ears and eyes are watching said speech. And the media as a whole is geared towards this in general. And of course the media outlets are heavily opinionated rather than the original goal which was reporting (although we dont know if that ever actually took place).

Amen. The root of all evils IMO, but we all know its not going to change anytime soon.

I love Christmas, but dang it gets expensive buying all the gifts for the family and friends. I defiantly love giving gifts to family and friends rather than getting. Can't wait for the next paycheck here soon. Think maybe next year I will give gold, frankincense and myrhh to everyone. Can't go wrong with that.

We went small this year. The whole thing is out of control and I'm not buying in anymore. The kids will get some things, but not hit some consumerism jackpot. Erica and I limited each other to a small number as well.

GG and I agreed a few years ago that we would not exchange gifts anymore. Our families are both on board as well. Man it makes life much easier. We got each of our staff members gifts and gave them early in the form of a THP Staff golf bag.

My wife and I agreed a month ago that Christmas would be for the kids this year.

Then she went and got me something anyway.

Now I am playing catchup trying to last minute shop.

The double-cross!

Walgreens has a lot of great last minute goft ideas :bananadance:
My wife and I agreed a month ago that Christmas would be for the kids this year.

The ladies seem to like Jewelry Ryan.........

Yeah I think when my wife wanted tires for her christmas gift that's what hurt me. She needed them and she said thats what I could get her. I got money don't get me wrong but wow once you get married how far do you really go to buy your family gifts. Like I do my mom,dad, sis, brother, brother, aunt, aunt, grandma, grandma, uncle, aunt uncle kid 1/2/3/4, aunt bf. Then she does all her side. I just hate showing up to christmas with the family and say someone else spent $50 on them and I spent $25 you feel bad. IDK Im probably getting over my head. Should just quit talking and smile and enjoy the holidays right.

we said earlier that we would go in and just buy a new bedroom set for us. Now there are presents under the tree. Jenn knows that I always overdo Christmas for her.

I hear ya on the Xmas gifts. I only got gifts for my parents, brother, and GF this year, and only 1 each. My GF's was a little bigger, but it was also a combined birthday and Xmas since her birthday was a week ago. Pretty small stuff overall, but useful and something that the person needed. I don't like the Christmas consumerism much, but I do like the gesture of gift giving, so we still exchange modest gifts.

Some things just freaking irk me... May just move on

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back