The Burger Thread

Ya JB there's a mom n pop burger spot by my house that has an egg burger. Amazing when it's cooked right

That Bleu Bacon burger at Square 1 was A.Mazing!!

JB a bit unrelated to the burger, but I find fried mac and cheese to be one of the best appetizers on a menu

The best burger I've ever eaten is from The Sidetrack restaurant in my hometown, Ypsilanti, Michigan. Absolutely amazing! Juicy, flavorful, no gimmicks. Some support for my claim:
http://www.sidetrackbarandgrill.com/food.php
"One of the nation's 20 best"- GQ Magazine

The burger at Father's Office in Santa Monica is absolutely phenomenal. I think one of the reasons it tops my list is due to the fact that it's not some greasy mess, like so many other top rated burgers tend to be.

Burgers should be about the meat.

8e7uga6e.jpg

Had this bad boy for lunch today. Burger with Swiss, fries, coleslaw. Best burger ever.

So there's a guy here in my local town that just opened his own specialty burger place. I haven't gotten there yet, but some of his creations sound just mouth watering. Take the "Clark" burger for instance. 1/2 lb burger smothered in chicken wing dip with bacon on top.

Bistro Don Giovanni in Napa Valley. Simple burger very well.

teze8yqy.jpg

The secrets

Fat content: A 30 percent fat-to-lean ratio keeps the burger juicy.

Salting the meat: The ground chuck is generously salted before being formed into loose patties.

Bun: Made from focaccia dough, the buns are baked daily and grilled at serving time.

Aioli: It's made in house, and used generously - up to 2 tablespoons.

Grilled onions: These add just the right amount of smokiness and soft crunch to the patty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the "Clark Burger"

yvy4ynuj.jpg

The Jucy Lucy from Matts.

8e6ejy6e.jpg

It looks messier than it really was.
Tonight we are going to the other original Jucy Lucy place.
There is a Jucy Lucy thread and will update with pics.

The wife made "juicy Amy's" the other night and they look nothing like the juicy Lucy. This thread makes me want to make burgers tonight.

It looks messier than it really was.
Tonight we are going to the other original Jucy Lucy place.
There is a Jucy Lucy thread and will update with pics.

Wow, when you said someplace cold you weren't kidding. I'll be interested to see which one you think is better, I'm thinking it's a win win type situation though.

Has anybody had the Hardee's/Carl's Jr burgers with the fresh baked buns? They sure look good in the commercials, of course that could be in part because I haven't had a burger in 8 weeks because of the THP biggest loser contest.

Has anybody had the Hardee's/Carl's Jr burgers with the fresh baked buns? They sure look good in the commercials, of course that could be in part because I haven't had a burger in 8 weeks because of the THP biggest loser contest.

I ate my once yearly Hardee's burger a week or two ago just to try it. Thought the bun was pretty good. The burger was nothing special. Decent enough that I might eat a second one in the next calendar year. :act-up:

Just cooked myself up a fresh one with lettuce, onion, cheddar, bbq sauce and a bit of hot sauce, sweet potato fries on the side. Delicious!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I ate my once yearly Hardee's burger a week or two ago just to try it. Thought the bun was pretty good. The burger was nothing special. Decent enough that I might eat a second one in the next calendar year. :act-up:

I'm not sure what happened to Hardee's, I use to deliver the buns there, so I would eat there quite a bit. The last burger I got from there was not all that great either.

My favorite burger was actually one at a seafood restaurant, Mac's Shack in Wellfleet MA, this was in the summer, sadly it's closed for the season. I wasnt feeling any fish that day, and boy I'm glad I got the burger, great bun & usda prime beef.

I work for carls jr which is hardees on the eastcoast , I work at the disturbing center , they switched to a feshed baked bun ,

Back