Would like to hear some opinions

Jordan,

As much as I would love to tell you to stay at Campbell, you have to do what your heart tells you is right for the long-term. Only you can make that decision, but whatever you do, you have to believe that either way is the right decision for you. I wish you the best of luck with whatever decision you make.

Get a degree my man! What degree is totally up to you and what you think you might like to do. Take the 1st year or two to explore different classes to see, but it sounds like you already have a few path options in your head.

I get beaten by my 25 minute drive to work each day, can't imagine 3 hours one way, but I understand it. I never had to go through school with a kiddo to think about so I'm sure that changes the game for you....as it should.

Whether you continue on with the golf or decide to move to a different career path, just get that degree! I taught tennis right after college for about 3 1/2 years. It was fun, but like others have said, it became a job and not tennis anymore. I was on my feet a bunch during the day and was wiped out when I got home from being in the sun and hot court for 10 hours straight. I left while I was still young and with a degree in my pocket.

Feel free to call my buddy if you have any "life" questions. Not an expert but can lend you what I know for myself. Tons of great advise in this thread. I would get to one post, copy it to say "great advise" and then see then next one that was the same. Impressive you guys that posted in here. Great stuff and advise!

Jordan buddy it sounds to me like your mind is already half made up. Do yourself a favor and think long and hard a out what makes you happy and what you'd love to do for a living. Take it from someone who doesn't necessarily like the line of work I'm in, but I got to the point where I can't afford any kind of pay cut that would come with a career move. Find what you will love doing and never look back. I agree with Nate, definitely get your degree finished up, no matter what it is, it only gets tougher to finish school down the road.

If I'm you I'd get closer to your daughter, nothing is better than more time with your kids. You're a smart man, I know you'll make the best decision for you and your daughter.

Follow your heart buddy, it won't mislead you. Sometimes we make decisions that we feel are the best for us at the time but then life happens and our circumstances change, I think the travel is too much personally dude. As many have said, our kids grow up in almost the blink of an eye, and these aren't just your memories that are being made, they're hers as well, make as many of them as you can and look back with no regrets or contempt. Your future awaits you!

This thread is full of some amazing stuff. Thank you guys so much for chiming in and giving me your opinions. I know what I need to do and I'm going to get after it. Again, thank you to everyone one of you that gave me advice in here. THPers never disappoint.

Follow your heart dude don't go chasing down a road that you aren't passionate about.

If you have already thought long & hard about this decision, and weighed pros and cons, then you must listen to your heart. I know when I've had to make difficult decisions in my life, if I imagined myself choosing one path, then paying attention to what my body was telling me, it was usually obvious. One choice would cause me to feel stress & pain, while the other would cause me to feel like a great load had been lifted off of my back. I'm sure if you listen to yourself closely you will find a similar experience.

Good luck, man!

Jordan,

Traveling like I do with work I meet people all the time that hate their jobs. One thing for sure is you need to make sure you love what you do and are passionate about it. I sit next to people that feel they are stuck doing something they hate because they are making a certain amount of money and have a family don't feel they can make a change. As I talk to them so you can see how miserable they are.

I have one of my best friends who hated his job. He left and went back to school and got his Nursing degree in 2 years. There were times he wanted to throw in the towel but he is so happy now that he stuck it out. We hardly saw him for that time but he is doing something he loves now. What a difference

So a few questions you should ask yourself

1) Am I saying this because it is hard to make this commute to see my daughter right now? Am I using this as an excuse?
2) If my daughter lived here would I feel the same way? If you say yes to that, I believe you know what you need to do.
3) What makes you really happy? What do you love? If you make that something you do it is true what they say you will never work a day in your life.

So if you want to do any of the business you mentioned above feel free to ask anything you want and I will help where I can. I have been in the business world doing sales/marketing since I was 20 out of college an I love what I do.

Last edited:
Back