DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I am not really sure who Doug is. I know Doug/staticline got into the event, so I am unsure who the other Doug is.
I am very sorry someone did not get into the event and that you did not either. Just as others I am sure would have liked to get into the two events you were able to get into already in 2014, that they missed out on.

Its the problem with these and frankly the more signups we have, the more we want to stop doing events completely.

Doug is his FIL.

Did Eddie get in?

and Nate got in through his phone...? dang, impressive.

FWIW, I am not really sure who Doug is. I know Doug/staticline got into the event, so I am unsure who the other Doug is.
I am very sorry someone did not get into the event and that you did not either. Just as others I am sure would have liked to get into the two events you were able to get into already in 2014, that they missed out on.

Its the problem with these and frankly the more signups we have, the more we want to stop doing events completely.

While I understand the initial let down of not getting in to any event, doesn't seem like a reason to stop events. The signup numbers should indicate the passion to get into THP events & IMO should never be looked upon as a negative. I guess my point is don't let a few bad apples or upset entries ruin it for the others who are genuinely happy for those who get into events regardless if they did or didn't.

Did Eddie get in?

and Nate got in through his phone...? dang, impressive.

It can be done. Aaron got into the SeeMore sellout via his phone. Not at all uncommon.

I have 8 people on the wait list, so there were a lot who didn't get in, but things change, so there is always a chance. I am sorry people are so upset about not getting in, I honestly don't know what else to say.

While I understand the initial let down of not getting in to any event, doesn't seem like a reason to stop events. The signup numbers should indicate the passion to get into THP events & IMO should never be looked upon as a negative. I guess my point is don't let a few bad apples or upset entries ruin it for the others who are genuinely happy for those who get into events regardless if they did or didn't.

Just want to clarify that none of the guys that are upset are "bad apples".

It's not a case of bad apples really, but let's remember that words and actions have an affect on those that are bringing the happiness and joy to this family we call THP. We all deal with rejection and missed opportunities throughout life.

I have 8 people on the wait list, so there were a lot who didn't get in, but things change, so there is always a chance. I am sorry people are so upset about not getting in, I honestly don't know what else to say.

The success of the site and events make this an unfortunate reality. To turn this to a positive note is there an opportunity for volunteers during the local events? Figured I would at least put the idea out there.

The success of the site and events make this an unfortunate reality. To turn this to a positive note is there an opportunity for volunteers during the local events? Figured I would at least put the idea out there.

At some events there are, others unfortunately not. This one will not have a place for volunteers.

I think volunteers is a great idea. Perhaps something like a "dinner and goodie bag / gallery" option for a significantly reduced price, for those local folks who want to hang out even though the event is full.

I think volunteers is a great idea. Perhaps also something like a "dinner and goodie bag / gallery" option for a significantly reduced price, so those local folks who want to hang out even though the event is full.

Unfortunately that will not be taking place.
The good news is that we have close to 15 events this year and there are other signup options coming soon.

just a suggestion. As someone who organized pro/am events both large and small for just over 4 years in another (similar) sport, I can relate to the stresses that surround an event like this. It's never easy to turn anyone away, especially when they are obviously passionate fans of your work.

Yep and I missed that one. Not sure by how many but could not have been by much.

Not to be too off topic but a spot may be opening up for the SeeMore event sadly..

First off I don't appreciate being called a bad apple. I have tried to get into almost every event since I have been a member here and have been to 2 of them with at least 2 more on the schedule for this year so I understand not getting into events. I fully support this community and love all the opportunities that are afforded to us that the rest of the golfing world doesn't get. Yes I am disappointed about not getting in but it happens. As I specifically stated I am more disappointed that my father in law didn't get in as it would be his first THP event and the only one available to his schedule this year. We both understand and will be following the event closely as we have many friends who will be attending, and its an incredible venue. No one is trying to ruin this event for anyone or stop THP from having more events. After every event sign up there are always posts with the disappointment of not getting in, this time they were from me, I'm sorry for my disappointment it won't happen again. I will continue to support this family and try for more events.

Let's all take a deep breath....... I'm not sure anyone was called out, or singled out per-say...it seemed figuratively speaking..... Remember that we communicate in a singularly dimension way here, so some things are easily miss understood.

We have a good crew for Wednesday and I'm looking forward to playing a new course.

J40's with steelfiber? Check
Driverless? Perhaps
Fun? Hell to the yes

First off I don't appreciate being called a bad apple. I have tried to get into almost every event since I have been a member here and have been to 2 of them with at least 2 more on the schedule for this year so I understand not getting into events. I fully support this community and love all the opportunities that are afforded to us that the rest of the golfing world doesn't get. Yes I am disappointed about not getting in but it happens. As I specifically stated I am more disappointed that my father in law didn't get in as it would be his first THP event and the only one available to his schedule this year. We both understand and will be following the event closely as we have many friends who will be attending, and its an incredible venue. No one is trying to ruin this event for anyone or stop THP from having more events. After every event sign up there are always posts with the disappointment of not getting in, this time they were from me, I'm sorry for my disappointment it won't happen again. I will continue to support this family and try for more events.

First off "bad apples" might have been a poor choice of words & no offense was meant by it. My apologies if it was taken out of context. I was trying to communicate, poorly apparently, that while events like this will have some missing out, that is no reason for JB to consider stop having events all together.....I truly am sorry your FIL was not able to get in & I'm sure many feel the same way.

We have a good crew for Wednesday and I'm looking forward to playing a new course.

J40's with steelfiber? Check
Driverless? Perhaps
Fun? Hell to the yes

Just got the CTL's installed in my Amp Cells ready to rock! Only had time on the Net Return with them today--but they feel great so far!

Just got the CTL's installed in my Amp Cells ready to rock! Only had time on the Net Return with them today--but they feel great so far!

Nice! I shipped the CTL's I had back to their home in Oklahoma but replacements are on the way. :alien:

Get 'me figured out?

Hit the 7i on the range Friday and had zero issues with ball flight.

I was just having a REALLY bad day when we played and I had them out for the first time.

Let's all take a deep breath....... I'm not sure anyone was called out, or singled out per-say...it seemed figuratively speaking..... Remember that we communicate in a singularly dimension way here, so some things are easily miss understood.

Considering the thread this was posted in, the context of the conversation and that there are only 2 of the DFW guys that applied that didn't get in, the people the post was directed at was easily understood. I understand trying to keep the peace but this isn't rocket science. All this nonsense across the forum wasn't needed over a post that merely expressed disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back