Cobra AMP Cell Pro Irons

So since I over hauled my bag 2 years ago, I've always played 4 wedges whatever set I have PW and then 3 vokey's. I'm really considering picking up the GW of this set at 50* and playing a 56* bent to 55* and 60* of the Tour Trusty's. I absolutely love the PW of this set I'm only worried about the gapping is all. Serious ponder mode.

I tried the gap after I seen Ian Poulter playing it. I liked it but couldn't get the ball flight down as much as I can with fresh sharp grooves on my ATV 50. In the end I think I'll stick with 3 wedge since I wear them faster than I replace full iron sets.

Also, bend a 54 to 55 otherwise you end up with a lot of bounce.

I tried the gap after I seen Ian Poulter playing it. I liked it but couldn't get the ball flight down as much as I can with fresh sharp grooves on my ATV 50. In the end I think I'll stick with 3 wedge since I wear them faster than I replace full iron sets.

Also, bend a 54 to 55 otherwise you end up with a lot of bounce.

That's the one thing that's kind of holding me back from doing it is the versatility of an actual "wedge". I'm not sure why but I was thinking backwards I guess. I thought that 56* to 55* would be taking away bounce and 54* to 55* would be adding bounce.

I had a 50° GW bent to 53° and absolutely love it! It's perfect for 80 yard shots and I chip well with it. Plus it just tears thru the sand. So I carry my PW and 2 GW's one standard at 50° and one at 53°. Great choice for me. Now to get a 4i...

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I had a 50° GW bent to 53° and absolutely love it! It's perfect for 80 yard shots and I chip well with it. Plus it just tears thru the sand. So I carry my PW and 2 GW's one standard at 50° and one at 53°. Great choice for me. Now to get a 4i...

I actually really like the 4 iron for off the tee. It's a lot easier to hit than a lot of other long irons I have swung.

I actually really like the 4 iron for off the tee. It's a lot easier to hit than a lot of other long irons I have swung.

I'm searching for one with a KK stiff graphite! I'd get it in a heartbeat.

The 4 is really solid. Correct in the assumption that it is easy to hit. Fits in with the rest if the set. Much easier to hit than you think.

These bad boys showed up at my door this afternoon...

Got them off eBay for $430US shipped to my door in Canada! :D
9.5/10 at minimum, so happy, can't wait to game them!

dzplx.jpg

x215pl.jpg

Nice! Congrats on the sticks!

They look great jhonks, congrats!

Congrats dude! The ACP's are the best irons I've hit so far, you won't be disappointed!

Congrats on the new sticks jhonks.
They look great!

Did a little painting tonight:

1212vt5.jpg

Love em Jhonks!! Love the orange paint fill too! Quick question on your tour trusty's. Did you have one bent to 55*? You can't order them at 55* can you?

Love em Jhonks!! Love the orange paint fill too! Quick question on your tour trusty's. Did you have one bent to 55*? You can't order them at 55* can you?
Good catch! I actually ordered them a couple days ago and they are incoming! Should read 56*, although I was debating having the four trusty's bent down to 47*, 51*, 55*, 59*

Did a little painting tonight:

1212vt5.jpg

The orange looks good in there honky. Ha ha that autocorrected your name so I left it. Too funny

I had dreams about these, I can't wait to go to a Cobra fitter and see if these are good for the game.

Lucky you Trout! Based on my experience with these last year they're gonna be right up your alley!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

There is just something about the looks of these that really caches my eye, I'm usually all about boring looking clubs and a boring golf game, these are flashy and sharp looking. Reading the reviews fom the guys that have them or played them in
last years Morgan Cup is really impressive, I haven't found any negatives. Do you have them Ski Bum? Or did you hit them?

There is just something about the looks of these that really caches my eye, I'm usually all about boring looking clubs and a boring golf game, these are flashy and sharp looking. Reading the reviews fom the guys that have them or played them in
last years Morgan Cup is really impressive, I haven't found any negatives. Do you have them Ski Bum? Or did you hit them?

Marc, one of my friends is a scratch golfer and plays blades like you. He went to these this year and he murders them. The ball flight is great when I watched. Amazing part is you don't even know what clubs are going to be available :eek:

I hit then a number of times when I was researching changing irons earlier this year. I ended up with my CMB's because I got a good deal used, but it was really a wash between them, the ACP's, and the X Forged. The biggest thing I didn't like about the ACP's was that there was a pretty decent upcharge for KBS Tour, and I didn't really like the stock DG. But something makes me think you won't have to worry too much about shaft upcharges haha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Marc, one of my friends is a scratch golfer and plays blades like you. He went to these this year and he murders them. The ball flight is great when I watched. Amazing part is you don't even know what clubs are going to be available :eek:
Lol I know, here I am jumping the gun and speculating lol, or daydreaming, not sure which one.

Wher the hell did Pizza come from?

Last edited:
Back